• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

floating dev multiplier

cb1202

Head Gardener
I think that the dev multiplier drop rate shouldnt be constant. come up with some sort of formula where the drop rate changes based on the number of id''s signed up.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
it is not constant, it drops with the starting of developments accross the bush world

Steve_God

Official Helper
While it does drop with the number of developments started, the 'rate' at which it drops is constant, and has been tweaked in the past by Azzer to reflect the changes in ID sign-ups (both up and down).
How such a formulae would be created wouldn't be an easy task though :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah i quite like this idea, i dont think it would be that hard to work out a calculation based on current active IDs to reach the amount by which each started dev drops the multiplier.

So yeah, *Thumbs up* from me

cb1202

Head Gardener
While it does drop with the number of developments started, the 'rate' at which it drops is constant, and has been tweaked in the past by Azzer to reflect the changes in ID sign-ups (both up and down).
How such a formulae would be created wouldn't be an easy task though :p

At least someone got what I was saying and doesnt think I am a total noob :p

Steve_God

Official Helper
At least someone got what I was saying and doesnt think I am a total noob :p
You'll never be a total n00b CB... you've been around far too long for that :p

On topic... I wonder if rather than it being based on the number of developments started, it could be changed to being based on time?
Upside, would be consistent each round...
Downside, would make it perhaps 'too' realiable each round...
Compromise idea: give the time-related rate a 'random factor' so that it would vary slightly each round, but not hugely to be way out of balance.

*looks at Azzer/Weeble for thoughts* :)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
If it's too static then some people may just rely on time before starting developments; it could (not saying it will) end up like a pre-dev multiplier round, just with a delayed start as everyone waits for it to hit 1.0 before rushing through all devs.

Tying it in to number of registered players is possibly the only real solution to keep it relative based on the round.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
um surely the problem is not the multiplier or the id sign ups but the difference in everyones play. multiplier last round wasnt set as high iirc. or dropped incredibly fast as by now most of the solos had wk. so people stopped buying flak (as they lost so much in flak wars) and started saving. less people buying flak meant less defenders buying blockers.

all in all it meant that the drop in multiplier was riddiculously quick. now with the tweaks. wk arent out so flak wars are lasting longer, and devs have slowed down as more defence and attacks going on which requires more funds. combine this with an increased Dev multiplier this time round. it all in all means its taking alot longer this time

in short i think you're blaming the dev multiplier when the culprit was WK preventing flak wars, causing rapid drop in multiplier because everyone saved for devs instead of suiciding flak on WK, and the correction for it this round was overkill.

In fact i bet if you plot the amount of players with WK against the dev multiplierm, you will see it suddenly drop today and tomorrow as more and mroe peeps get wk. im already on >2k h/f so in a day or two i can easily see WK's will be out.

also i thought the rate at which it drops was proportional to devs as devs cause it to drop. and development rate is determined by individuals as such cannot be constant. i dont know the formulea but a formulea could be:

Multiplier = 4 * ((total number of active players[TNOAP] * 12)/((TNOAP*12)+(developments completed))

aka a total of 1 active player in wold has done 1 of his devs

= 4*(12/(12+1)) = 3.69 multiplier

and so on. very simple maths not complex at all. and is fairest.

If you were to change this to make it a constant drop rate it no longer makes it fair for a player restarting (or starting late)as its not based on how far ahead the rest of the player base is but on a timing constant

so you can either have the drop rate be proportional to the amount of techs done/per active person

Souls

Official Helper
Uh.. Willy, the dev multiplier dropped stupidly fast last round because it was set improperly, iirc. :p

TheMouse

Weeder
What could happen is there could be a dev multiplier for each development (or each development tier, such as "third route based tech"). Thus Protestor Gurus could have a multiplier of 1.5 while PoMs have a multiplier of 3.1 still.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
What could happen is there could be a dev multiplier for each development (or each development tier, such as "third route based tech"). Thus Protestor Gurus could have a multiplier of 1.5 while PoMs have a multiplier of 3.1 still.

I think this idea has potential. I still wouldnt reduce the dev multiplier for 1st tier developements. Instead, id make the dev multiplier drop more slowly for each consecutive teir.

TheMouse

Weeder
Yeah, I wasn't saying start with 1.5 for gurus, but rather at some point in the round, they would be down to 1.5, while PoMs would barely have dropped at all.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
mouse/tim the point of the multiplier... its got 2 functions so that if some one restarts or or starts late they can catch up much more quickly than those originally as things are quicker and cheaper as more people develop. its set by every one elses current devs hence it should be pretty fair respectively of the overall communities level of developments.

secondly its to make flak wars last longer. if your first tech has a lower multiplier than your final techs thats not doing that very effectively. all your doing is repricing the unit development making them even more expensive as they get higer on the tier, that doesnt require the manipulation of the multiplier.

finally sordes, im gonna say a little from column a and a little from column b. as i have a vague memory of changes but cant remeber the multiplier being directly changed? im probbaly wrong. but if it wasnt changed dramatically and is set by how many people develop. then surely it shouldnt have dropped any faster than it did the round before last unless for some reason (imo WK probably helped) people themselves are starting more developments over all. and my memory of the precrash round 34 was i had alot of nano targets because half the world was under deved. then last round i had a real struggle as everyone seemed to have teched.

TheMouse

Weeder
willy, having a separate multiplier for each tier would accomplish your 2 functions: It would enable late starters to develop for a lower cost, and it would make developments cheaper. I don't see how it would make flak wars any shorter, if anything, it would make them much longer.

I think you misunderstand my idea. My idea is that every tech starts out at the same multiplier, 3.2 (or whatever). Then when someone researches a tier one tech, that tier's multiplier would drop, but the higher tech tiers' multipliers would not drop.

I'm sorry I ever used the 1.5 : 3.1 example. I didn't mean to say that the multipliers started at different numbers, just that they had dropped different amounts from the original 3.2.

alwaysnumb

Head Gardener
Each level costs more than last anyway so why the need to mess about with multiplier based on where in tree it is. Also flak wars are fun just a shame them WK spoil it.

Davs

Garden Designer
Each level costs more than last anyway so why the need to mess about with multiplier based on where in tree it is. Also flak wars are fun just a shame them WK spoil it.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts (except that I personally don't enjoy flak wars that much - but don't want them changed either).

No need to have some unnecessarily complicated tiered multiplier system when the length and cost of each dev has already been worked out to sufficiently stagger when each dev is finished.

I quite like the original suggestion in this thread though - although I have no idea who it would be implemented.