Round 35 Awards

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Too early? No? Okay, you know the drill.

PS: I hope I have the round number right

[Edit by DA - Please hold discussions here - Any replies/comments on awards will be moved to this thread. Ta.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
* Alliance of the round
* Best Offensive Alliance
* Best Defensive Alliance
* Honourable Mention Alliance
* Worst Alliance
* Best Leader
* Worst Leader
* Player of the Round - Allied
* Player of the Round - Solo
* Best Offensive Player
* Best Defensive Player
* Honourable Mention Player
* Worst Player
* Best Moment of Round
* Worst Moment of Round

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - AR Mod take this, though the solos that made the alliance up had some extremely dubious activity before they banded together properly.
* Best Offensive Alliance - AR Mod statistically, though if you count over the entire round of who was more of a threat to myself personally, it was OP.
* Best Defensive Alliance - OP, though saying that, our defence has been a rollercoaster of variety over the time I have been a member.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - THC & TRC, good comebacks on both parts. DISCWORLD FOR RANK 3.
* Worst Alliance - God, I'm spoilt for choice. CaUsNiTa, simply because there was more biznitching than co-operation; A combination of egos that was never going to work.
* Best Leader - Iamsmart has been very hands-on since I joined OP. Good job.
* Worst Leader - Bruce; As always though, I'll stick by you because you're my friend. Blockatiel/JJ/Eden; Why make a split-alliance if it sucks as bad as Res did, and was worse than OP in the first place?
* Player of the Round (Allied) - Er. Iamsmart, who has been the rock of OP since I joined, active, always defended, and is always willing to tell you if you aren't doing your part. Close second is Johnnie; Every time I play with this guy, he does an epic job of any route he plays. Kudos, too bad you went to ARM.
* Player of the Round (Solo) - Icklehobo, a very deserving award. I've given you a few BR's because I like your persistance.
* Best Offensive Player - Icklehobo, CK, Zhouj. The first for the epic BHing, the other two for the amount of land stealing they've done this round.
* Best Defensive Player - Johnnie, Iamsmart, Webvictim, PinPower. All four reliable as clockwork for contact and defence.
* Honourable Mention Player - Leeroy; Alot of people diss him, but he's hung in there this round, and has been one of the people I can keep relying on if I'm in need of a hand.
* Worst Player - Again, I'm spoilt for choice. I've been utter swag in W1 this past couple of weeks because I simply could not care less anymore. Then it's followed by the infamous 'solo group', who were totally honest in their intentions when they triggered upon one another. It was never asked for, nor was the other party ever aware they were going to get it.
* Best Moment of Round - Getting out of CaUsNiTa, and into what I believed to be a reliable alliance - WRONG. Joining OmgPop, and having a brilliant laugh, whilst meeting some new people I never thought I'd play with.
* Worst Moment of Round - The Resilience disbanding, the CaUsNiTa disbanding, abandoning people I'd recruited in Finale, dying to a mass from ARM a couple of weeks back, at peak activity time, with zero attempts at contact.

Please note any text written in Italics is totally NOT sarcasm. Tyvm.

Last edited:

Jonny

Weeder
Um, Discworld is rank 4 I believe at the moment. I would like to mention Growth Spurt, simply for fighting all round and being most of the round best Alliance with positiv HF and currently waving and attacking bigger alliances. On the other hand since Im in GS I suppose I cant suggest them :D But from a neutral standpoint we may have ruined it by suiciding too much in last 2 weeks or so (AR has killed so many...)
TRC has impressed me through most of the round.

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
* Alliance of the round - Omgpop <3
* Best Offensive Alliance - Resilience did pretty well
* Best Defensive Alliance - Omgpop, don't think we've lost many BRs in defence against ArMod
* Honourable Mention Alliance - THC for surviving through all the **** that's happened
* Worst Alliance - the one that Bruce and Silence merged into, forgot the name
* Best Leader - Iamsmart for doing an awesome job in rebuilding Omgpop
* Worst Leader - JJ was never on and never did ****
* Player of the Round - Allied - nothing that impressive, I'll still go with Iamsmart
* Player of the Round - Solo - Icklehobo apparently
* Best Offensive Player - Icklehobo apparently
* Best Defensive Player - Iamsmart killed a shitload of troops while defending
* Honourable Mention Player - Probably zhouj, because he left the rank 1 alliance simply because he was bored
* Worst Player - I'm sorry, insomn
* Best Moment of Round - RPG rushing mateen and JJ
* Worst Moment of Round - Seeing the solos trigger on each other

dave

Harvester
best alliance: discworld, as always they are there. they always play as team wether its a team in 10th or a team in 1st. even alliances in 1st, 2nd, 3rd have been dispanding all round. clear winners imo.

worst alliance of the round = resilience, yes they wer huge, yes they did fall like a stack of soggy rivita.

worst leader = silence for being a dick.

allied player = jonny. dude with poms and huge amount of honour. ive never seen some1 suicide so many times to benifit an alliance (and for H/F)

best solo player = me.

best alliance: discworld, as always they are there. they always play as team wether its a team in 10th or a team in 1st. even alliances in 1st, 2nd, 3rd have been dispanding all round. clear winners imo.

Last edited:

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
* Alliance of the round - As i say every round, it's obviously the winners - so AR Mod.
* Best Offensive Alliance - Don't think there was one.
* Best Defensive Alliance - I'd say Tetra to be honest, seemed to have nice defence when we attacked them. Shame they suicided on myself silence and bluehen, zeroing 13 of their members. This leading to OMG finishing them.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - Tetra, had a hard round and purely for staying and dying! I just wish they had finished rank 2.
* Worst Alliance - OMGPOP easily. When IAS was offline, they couldn't defend any attacks, was shocking! The amount of land we stole off them was huge! In fairness they did get a bit better at one point, but in no way was it brilliant!
* Best Leader - Twigley - Just because he managed to keep so many egos from falling out haha
* Worst Leader - I'd say Silence as much as i love him. But then i was the one that forced him to lead so meh!
* Player of the Round - Allied - IAS - Only person who could defend well in OMGPOP.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Cheese and Twigs were AWESOME as solos, rated them a lot.
* Best Offensive Player - Silence obviously haha Purely for the amount of intentional suicides!
* Best Defensive Player - IaS said why above.
* Honourable Mention Player - Daniel in OMGPOP did very well! A lot of defence and activity. I would also say Yochoko, she is amazing and so active!! Still very new as well!
* Worst Player - CK - SQ jumped ship more times than Ram has been bummed. Also Wouter, just for being a moaning douche who is up his own arse. As i always say Wouter, no one cares :)
* Best Moment of Round - Not being solo, i hated it! Killing Blockatiel was funny!
* Worst Moment of Round - C**T being a massive failure but a nice group!

PS Sort out the dev multiplier! That crippled the round so badly!!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Alliance of the round - Omgpop pre-split.
* Best Offensive Alliance - Omgpop post-split. Only 'mass' planned hits i saw.
* Best Defensive Alliance - Omgpop post-split.
* Honourable Mention Alliance - ArMod for winning the round out of majority ex-solos and going through the motions of winning.
* Worst Alliance - CN.UT
* Best Leader - John or Iamsmart.
* Worst Leader - Bruce.
* Player of the Round - Allied - Yochochokocoko.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Cheese when was solo by miles.
* Best Offensive Player - Iceofire.
* Best Defensive Player - ArMod HQ.
* Honourable Mention Player - Hobbezak for being mine and cheese's p nap for so long.

zhouj

Harvester
* Worst Moment of Round - 1) Azzer not giving a **** about mutual attacking in W1. 2) Azzer turning BH into a huge ****ing joke for RPGs.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
* Alliance of the round - OMGPOP before disband
* Best Offensive Alliance - OMGPOP after disband only alliance that did something to secure their rank
* Best Defensive Alliance - OMGPOP, lots and lots of ARMOD kills
* Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld, rank 4
* Worst Alliance - Resilience first you guys failing on taking OMGPOP down when nobody was online, then less then a week you guys failed as alliance.
* Best Leader - Iamsmart by far, legend!
* Worst Leader - JJ, never here, never cared, then come online crying when you tell him he's sh*t
* Player of the Round - Allied - Iamsmart, legend!
* Player of the Round - Solo - Hobbezak, he's just did great
* Best Offensive Player - Iamsmart, just for the 15trill bounty on Silence \o/
* Best Defensive Player - Iamsmart, never too lazy to plan, always there when needed
* Honourable Mention Player - Prot FU!, you deserve it.
* Worst Player - JJ, Mateen, Block..
* Best Moment of Round - None really.
* Worst Moment of Round - wake up when the Canasians leave OMGPOP and start to mass us. And then realise i had to become active again.

zhouj

Harvester
* Worst Player - BigBoss, for sucking and having a ridiculous name like "1 last round" and doing nothing for the alliance but still *****ing like a woman.

Ram

Head Gardener
* Alliance of the round - Omgpop pre-split
* Best Offensive Alliance - Omgpop post-split
* Best Defensive Alliance - Omgpop?
* Honourable Mention Alliance - ArMod, Recruiting to rank 1.
* Worst Alliance - Resilience, split and then failed to take us down after changing contact numbers, and then fell to a mind game played by IaS.
* Best Leader - Iamsmart
* Worst Leader - JJ, he didn't even lead. (Changa4Leada)
* Player of the Round - Allied - Iamsmart, held Omgpop together for awhile.
* Player of the Round - Solo - Cheese when he was solo, even taking the triggering into account.
* Best Offensive Player - I'll say Zhouj as when he left Omgpop he did kill afew members.
* Best Defensive Player - Iamsmart, as mentioned above, he held Omgpop together.
* Honourable Mention Player - Grissom and Webvictim. Both are active and reliable, both surprised me as I never heard anything about them, both good members and should be considered for ftw alliances in future ;).
* Worst Player - JJ, Mateen, Block..
* Best Moment of Round - None really.
* Worst Moment of Round - When I had to actually start playing.

Caranthir

Harvester
* Alliance of the round - Current Omgpop, especially the few of us who are here from the beginning, but also the new guys who came in and stuck with us and did more than their part. I appreciate not having to shipjump
* Best Offensive Alliance - Omgpop. We dominated early round attacking with the noob canasians, and thanks to Iamsmarts planning dominated THC in our only organized attack on them.
* Best Defensive Alliance - AR Mod. How much better defense can you get than getting SAS? Seriously
* Honourable Mention Alliance - Growth Spurt. Good job guys, way to hang together and stick to your guns, tried recruiting a few of my friends in there to omgpop after the split and they were having none of it
* Worst Alliance - Resilience. Seriously guys. Nice job.
* Best Leader - Changer. Nuff said
* Worst Leader - JJBros. Barely signed on, didn't do anything, then became suddenly active when he created his new alliance that disbanded on him. Not his round apparently.
* Player of the Round - Allied - Iamsmart. He has never said die and continues to be active and checking w1. Sacrificed some nights to ensure we stuck together / secured 2nd place
* Player of the Round - Solo - Any of them that didn't have another solo trigger for them (which I know is a lot of them, but it doesn't seem that way)
* Best Offensive Player - Zhouj for leaving omgpop and constant rushes
* Best Defensive Player - Not sure who controls the ID but: Government HQ [1]. Defended all the top solos for most of the round very well.
* Honourable Mention Player - Ed. joined omgpop, played like a champion, and helped recruit more people to fill our ranks
* Worst Player - JJ
* Best Moment of Round - Our hit on THC to secure 2nd place
* Worst Moment of Round - Realizing that Twiggles formed his own alliance and that we would probably not be able to stop them from taking first

webvictim

Harvester
* Alliance of the round: I don't really want to say AR Mod but I have to hand it to them, they got to rank 1 and stayed there.
* Best Offensive Alliance: Omgpop post-split - THC became a thread to us and so we planned, coordinated and waved them off the face of the earth.
* Best Defensive Alliance: Omgpop post-split - AR Mod had to send six on one tick in order to land on us at one point. We blocked them a lot.
* Honourable Mention Alliance: The Revival Cycle - I started off here and had a lot of fun before Omgpop recruited me. They had a great starting lineup and a lot of people I respected and admired, unfortunately most left after a few weeks and this in turn influenced my decision to leave.
* Worst Alliance: One of the early round alliances - I don't actually know enough about early round politics to answer this question.
* Best Leader: Iamsmart without a doubt. Great player, very willing to help and a pleasure to play with.
* Worst Leader: I haven't a clue.
* Player of the Round - Allied: Iamsmart, did a fantastic job of coordinating everybody.
* Player of the Round - Solo: Icklehobo - the only solo to really consistently rush and do well from it, as far as I can see.
* Best Offensive Player: I wasn't sure until last night, but Iamsmart's epic bounty from hitting Silence sealed it for me. 15t bounty is awesome.
* Best Defensive Player: Iamsmart - excellent coordination.
* Honourable Mention Player: Grissom - very active, nice guy and fun to play with.
* Worst Player: Where do I start? Deathscythe, IoF, Silence, bluehen, hero... scorequeens. DS is particularly bad as despite being a bad route that constantly gets last ticked, he was still always at the tail end of the train. NEVER LET DS LAND!
* Best Moment of Round: Waving the living daylights out of THC, dropping them by 150b value and about 70k land in a day.
* Worst Moment of Round: Losing 7t of my troops in a blundered attack about a week ago. I can't recover from it and although I'll still get a portal finish, I could have been one of the biggest Omgpop players and now I'll linger around the bottom. Still, you win some, you lose some.

penguin

Official Helper
Best leader HAS to go to Asmo.
I've been in Discworld since the alliance I started in disbanned.. he accepted me into his alliance. He's a Laid back person with a good heart. His alliance gets along with each other.. and it's just one of the best alliances I have been in since I started.
Best moment in the round - when the students left and my internet was going with them, everyone in DW was calm about it. I didn't get booted and they waited for about 5 days for me to get my own net.
Worst moment in the round - when I lost internet for a bit. :p

This round was a good round for me.. I played fully defensive with one attacking mob. The people I played with are wonderful, and the alliance fit what I was looking for - a relaxing one :p

As for the other awards *shrug* I wasn't paying much attention to other alliances. :/

Davs

Garden Designer
Best/Worst/Honourable Mention Alliance - as normal, I neither know nor care.
Best player - Allied - No idea
Best player - Solo - Again, no real knowledge, although Darryl seems worthy of mention
Best Moment - Err... nothing comes to mind.
Worst moment - Realising that I'm just not quite active enough to get into the top 10 for H/F in spite of my wopping 2.5 hours a day activity :(

Wouter

Pruner
* Alliance of the round - As always I vote the rank 1 alliance as alliance of the round, which this time is my alliance: Ar Mod
* Best Offensive Alliance - apart from some good attacks now and then from several alliances I didn't see much really awesome
* Best Defensive Alliance - I guess this goes to Ar Mod before we became rank 1 and then to OMGPOP after we became rank 1
* Honourable Mention Alliance - Discworld, because they're cool
* Worst Alliance - Save Azzer
* Best Leader - Twigley, no matter how many times we moaned for people getting kicked, which would probably have made the alliance collapse, he didn't kick anyone and we stuck together :)
* Worst Leader - Arif
* Player of the Round - Allied - This has to be shared between Yochoko and Cheese. Yochoko for her awesome, sometimes scary, activity and Cheese for saving our acres for the most important part of the round, the part where we weren't rank 1 yet
* Player of the Round - Solo - Didn't really see one awesome solo player
* Best Offensive Player - Iamsmart, I laughed so hard after I saw SILENCE DOWN :p
* Best Defensive Player - Cheese, not during the whole round, but the part the mattered is enough
* Honourable Mention Player - none really
* Worst Player - IoF, for autorefreshing a zillion nights just to get the most ticks online stat, which is illegal btw, and also for suiciding just to keep targets, and Silence for uhm, well just for being Silence, too much to explain all
* Best Moment of Round - The moment I convinced Cid, QS, Insomn and Duke to join our forces!
* Worst Moment of Round - none really, didn't even get zeroed once \o/

For me this was a good round, had lots of spare time to go to work, and this is also my last round. Have fun peeps!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Alliance of the round

Difficult to say. Normally I just go with rank 1 alliance. But this was a rather unique round. AR Mod was probably the best alliance in terms of activity, skill and contactability, but since their leadership and many of their members took part in underhanded activities (AR triggering, land piggying) before going allied, and they won via back stab (Which I don't hate that much considering i wanted them dead), I'm hard pressed to give a definite answer. AR Mod or pre-split Omgpop in terms of skill, post-split Omgpop in terms of fun.

Best Offensive Alliance

Again, I'm hard pressed to give an answer. Pre-split Omgpop attacks were relatively pathetic. Canasians couldn't organize worth a ****, but apparently CUT was a worse enough alliance to die to half-assed stuff anyways. Post-Split Omgpop, our attacks were pretty good really, especially our mass on THC. ARMod has also been 'good' at attacking, depending on your definition. I'm going with post-split omgpop, potentially because I'm bias.

Best Defensive Alliance

I've thought about this quite a bit. ARMod doesn't deserve it because frankly they never had to defend. Pre-split Omgpop had 2 resistance waves which we defended pretty well, but that was flak wars so I can hardly count it as good defense. That leaves THC or Omgpop. For a while, I've thought, wow my alliance (omgpop) really sucks at defense, especially when I'm offline. We did make some mistakes. So I was going to give it to THC. But the more I thought about it, especially with my apparent natural experience of getting 2nd...every round... the more I realized that ARMod has put a LOT more effort in to stealing land and attacking than ANY rank 1 alliance I've seen in a long time. Sending 5-6+ on a tick consistantly all day, sending attacks 24/7 etc. We've stopped a substantial, although not all of the incomings, and almost every BR we had with them we won. So I'm giving this one to Post-Omgpop split

Honourable Mention Alliance

THC. Solid defense. Haven't mentioned them much in the rest of my post, but they weren't bad this round, even had a decent change to get 2nd.

Worst Alliance

Resilience. They died to propaganda, and they split and still lost even though it seemed impossible. Stupidity all around. Lost a lot of friends this round, so I definitely support this vote whole heartedly.

Best Leader

John for being the only leader to stay leader the entire round. Twigley runner up for 'keeping so many egos together.'

Worst Leader

JJbrosandjl. Second time I've been in his alliance, second time I've voted him worst leader. Anybody leader who backstabs me at night, removes contact numbers, and personally zeros me gets this every time. He also was never active and deserved very little of the credit for us winning pre-split.

Player of the Round - Allied

To give this to one person...Is difficult. I met a lot of lesser-known good players this round. I hope there is an honourable mention award below so I can mention them. I'll give this one to Grissom. Always active, always contactable, always willing to do what's needed for the alliance, always willing to listen to instructions. Recruited him at like rank 700, and haven't regretted it since. Note, it's hard to give it to someone I didn't play with, so if it seems a little bit of a bias vote, that's why.

Player of the Round - Solo

Can't give this to anyone. Twigley/Cheese/that solo's group AR triggering/mass piggying ruined the entire groups image for me, and I don't really know who was involved or not, so I can't really comment very well. Nor did many/any of them stay solo, and you really only deserve this award if you stay solo the entire round. Haven't seen any good solo's (though haven't been looking) since AR Mod formed.

Best Offensive Player

Tempting to give this to Silence for always staying, but I don't like the leeroy always stay. It's smart to recall sometimes. I think I'll give it to IoF for always attacking, and willing to stay when BR's are close and he'll lose a lot. We could have stayed a lot, but I made us recall on a lot of BR's, so he got a lot of free land.

Close runner up, if not winners are Coon/Grissom/Daniel for ALWAYS attacking all night. Them biatches spammed up our attack thread good.

Best Defensive Player

Nobody in ARMod or THC comes to mind. Pre-omgpop split didn't have much experience to see. Post split...Lots of good players. I'll give this one to Caranthir for being the only one to defend with me for about a week when we were rebuilding Omgpop and were losing 3 members every night and gaining 2 every day. Defended throughout the round and didn't mind being contacted. Rarely died. Mega pom killer. Bit lazy on growing quickly which is the only reason I didn't give him best player of the round.

Honourable Mention Player

Webvictim, activity/contactability. Pimpower, activity/contactability. Ed, activity/contactability Souls, being awesome/occasionally active. Caranthir, contacability/activity/no shipjumping. Leeroy, contactability/activity. Ram/BB/Rebel for sticking with Omgpop. Daniel for contactability/activity. Long list of names, but I love these guys. Had so much fun, and they were willing to put up with me leading. Ty so much for the round and sticking together.

Oh, I guess I should mention even if I don't like it Zhouj was active/contactable/epic. Same with Cid.

Worst Player

Lots of names come to mind. JJ/all canasians for splitting and backstabbing their own alliance. Zhouj for leaving before them. Twigley/Cheese for AR triggering/mass piggying. Cid for shipjumping. I think I'll give this one to CK for doing pretty much all of the above * 5.

Best Moment of Round

Sooooo many. Organizing all the PB rushes against CUT (and in general doing the entire alliances intel for the first week, had like 3kk+ intels and the next closest person was 1k) and realizing I was finally going to win a round (Or not). Getting rank 1 start for the fourth round in a row. Finally stabalizing after the Omgpop split and realizing we could get 2nd still. Organizing THC mass and it actually working well and stealing a ton of land/kills. All the BR's we killed AR Mod people. Bounty huntiing Silence for like 350m free SA's (twice), landing on silence, organizing last second land grab on Wouter. I'm sure there is a lot more, but that's what I have off the top of my head.

Oh, also waking up to see the plan of me pretending not to care about Resilience split and trying to get them to split again finally worked, even if it did mean Twigley won another round.

Worst Moment of Round

Again, lots. Waking up to Resilience split and Ed msn'ing me "you died last night" me: "You don't know my ID" Ed: "I'm in your alliance now" Me: "...:/". Watching that weekend as we died, and nothing I could do. Knowing that to beat Resilience almost certainly meant Twigley won another round. Being put in to leadership without even telling me. Almost dying one weekend right after we (post-split omgpop) stabilized because of a long string of horrible defense stay calls by some of our members when I was offline, and some unlucky fails by others. The entire week before we killed THC knowing they could plant and have more troops than us, and I had exams and couldn't afford to stay up late to deal with stealth rushes or help organize defense if they hit us hard. In general, a lot of overall leadership calls that it's easy to give an opinion about but hard to make the actual decision.

Again, sure there were more.