• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Harrier Route

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
i couldnt get on with the route, it isnt designed in my experience to kill armour as well as dax says.

I've played it, I know what they can do when you mass Harriers. They are good, but as most have said, I could say their only weak point is their survivability. Give the fool some armour, not paper mache'.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
[range] 1,337 hostile Harrier attacked, killing 780 allied staff.
[range] 557 allied Cybernetic Warrior attacked, killing 4,479 hostile staff.

killed at about 1.7:1

110xY=80x1.7
y=1.236
1.236/1.45=(1-(ar/100)) =0.85

meaning Ar has to be at 15%??? in pure harrier vs cyber battle to get a clean kill. so yeah agreed need something done whether armour on them or cost reduction if they are to played as an anti robo route, or solo option. or you will hardly ever find a nice target that you can kill without some big losses. or so it seems to me. maybe i just cant get to grips with the route.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
You forget land score, development score, flak score etc. And the fact that they're eta 3 makes them uber.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
You forget land score, development score, flak score etc. And the fact that they're eta 3 makes them uber.

100% right i mentioned it previously but neglected it for a simple count this time

i couldnt get on with the route, it isnt designed in my experience to kill armour as well as dax says. i couldnt kill a robo 70% of me with harriers,.......

they're cost inhibits you attacking some one with even moderate AR (40-50%) because the amount you need to kill a robo unit is too much imo.............

Edit:
£110,000 (1CW) *1.45(0% AR) =£159,500
£159,500 / £80,000 = 1.99 Harrier vs 1 cyber. is maximum send ever possible unit per unit (ignoring land score etc) on a solo robo
im just saying i cant get on with it as a robo killer from my experience, i spoke to toby he found the same and he is commonly robo route from what ive seen.

i dont deny theey are good but i dont think they at present can be effectively played as a robo killer. maybe im just not doing it right, feel free to share a unit setup that allows you to take down robos.

PS

its only at 30% land fat (1.236/1.45)*0.7=(1-(ar/100)) =0.60
AR = 40% so with 30% land fat they need to be at 40% to get a clean kill. maybe this is common within higher ranks.

but for my ranking as a robo i have Land Fat %: 10.25% and i have the 2nd most land out of the people on my world rankings page. and i would need a 23% ARmod to be a clean kill for a harrier if i had my score tied up as CW not nanos.

So to me i wouldnt consider it an 'uber' ROBO killier and still in need of a buff if it was to be made a robo killer. which i dont think it is deigned for at present.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Certainly at present the route is incapable of killing any but the most incompetent of robo players >60% without taking unacceptable damage back.

And eta 3 is pointless if once you get to atf3/def3 you just flop and die. I would much rather have eta 5 harriers at £60k than eta 1 harriers at £100k.

Elevnos

BANNED
Harrier and para rush ETA 2 if you send at end of tick (maybe without paras), own robos, rangers at home to stop SA players and enough should keep away the RPGers especially if you have F-117s aswell because as soon as they see you have them they will look for a more juicy target. F-117s are the best PoM killer in the game, harriers also keep sorcs away. This route is very interchangeable, you can go after all sorts of things with it...

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
i couldnt get on with the route, it isnt designed in my experience to kill armour as well as dax says.

I've played it, I know what they can do when you mass Harriers. They are good, but as most have said, I could say their only weak point is their survivability. Give the fool some armour, not paper mache'.

Not true. When I played it I couldn't help comparing it with RPGs every time I did an attack, or defended an attack. And every time my final thought was "I wish I was playing RPGs".

The problem is that they fire much later and cost a lot more. So you're getting roughly the same amount of damage per unit for roughly 150% of the price. RPGs always wipe stuff out before it fires, and they do it effectively. Harriers are so expensive that if you're attacking at 70% you have to buy pure harriers to get a good BR, whereas with RPGs you can waste robos at 70% and still have plenty of funds for hummers, shocks and snipers. If you're planning on killing armour then strikers or RPGs are just far superior.