A channel for a bot to answer basic questions.

A channel for a bot to answer basic questions.

• Yes.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No.

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvestein

Garden Designer
sorry but i have to agree with all of Cheese's points up there.
90% of the time the players in #bushtarion will be able to outanswer any bot you make. don't forget that even ifthey can't, they can also refer the questioner to manual or even search it themselves.

penguin

Official Helper
And I think you guys are missing the whole point -.- But that doesn't change your opinions, does it? Didn't think so.
I will be discarding anymore attempts on a 'stab' on my spark of idea, because I find most of you who keep posting "well, ______" very negative, which is a brilliant way to keep other's creative thinking alive [sarcasm]. Also, I personally don't want to take the time getting through thick skulled people [IMO] who will not open their minds and see my point of view, hence, it would be wasting my time overall. So - please - don't waste yours either because I see both sides to the point.

ANYWHO!

I have honed it down a little tiny bit as I was working on my bot earlier.. it hit me when I typed in one thing.. But here it goes. :)
Also, this is typed in the sense that anyone's bot/channel.. etc..

Someone would join the room and the topic of that room would be set to something along the lines of "Welcome to [room name], where you could get information about Bushtarion! Note that not everything will have an answer, but feel free to message [channel owner] if you would like something added - [best way to send suggestions]. [Bot's name] is a bot here to answer your questions that [name or sex of the box] can. You can type in !help at any time to see a list of stuff you can type." [I know it's a bit long and choppy, but remember that something along the lines of?]
Ok, so once someone enters the room, they know what they can press to access the information. [I know it isn't as good as actually asking a full length question of your own, but it's a bot and this is the rough idea I have since I've worked on mine.] Someone would type in !help [I would if I seen that I could :p] - The bot would reply with something along the lines of "This is designed to help you understand all of my codes and what they do. You can type in !help followed by one of the following for more information on it: harv, unit, tech, route, info, suggest or calc." [That is directly from my bot, but much more would be added of course and probably be re-worded]. Ok, so someone would type in !help unit [just as an example of course] and the bot would reply with something simple that most people can understand - "The !unit function is there to let you know the stats of a particular unit. You would type in !unit [name of the unit] to get these stats. Ex: !unit Apache Longbow. It's best to use all of the name. Note: The unit stats are from the bushtarion manual, they have been edited by [the bot's owner]. If you would like to know what the asterisks are, type in !help unit asterisk." - I know new people aren't going to know every single unit in the game, but they see that Gardeners, Harvesters, Hippys, Yobs and Wheelbarrowers are part of their staff. - Well, I have been pointed out that some people may not have heard of the asterisks nor know what they would do. With the !help asterik, people can choose to go into further detail about the unit stats [talking about what the asterisks are], or they can simply choose not to go into further information. If someone were to type in !help unit asterisk, they would get a message stating what they are, and for more information, type in !help unit asterisk2 or something along the lines [staying on the subject, but going into further information] and so on and so forth. I know there isn't a lot to talk about with the asterisks, but the information that is said would probably have them with another question, in which case, they would simply go back to !help [and the words following it wouldn't be something only players who've been playing for a while].

I know this will not solve the whole "People need different wordings" fact [brought up by Azzer himself], but with what I've come up so far, I find that - this way - at least some 'questions' would be answered in a way that some people [if not most] wouldn't find childish, but not too in your face either, but as more of a friend to friend fashion. Like I've said before, I'm just going to recap here.. and be very blunt with you all.

No, I'm not saying that I'm going to do it because you guys say it's a bad idea or good idea - it would be a very well thought through idea/plan. I know there will always be people against this idea, just like any other idea out there. I'll let you know right now, most likely not everyone would be able to access the channel if I do go through with it, because I don't think the people who cannot appreciate how much work goes into such a detailed thing should have such access, nor do the people who think it's a good idea and actually would use it need such negativity from other people. Negativity from you puts negativity in other people, and no one needs as much negativity as I have seen focused on me throughout my time here on bush so far.
I asked for a yes or no answer on if this would be a good idea and why if you felt like typing - and I think some of you actually found the urge to type negative stuff because it was my idea. NOT all of you did, but I THINK some of you did.

However, I will be putting such information into my bot so other players that I play along side of will have the option to access the same information I can, also so I can have the information.

I really don't feel like typing anymore. :( If you would like to know more about the idea, feel free to send me a private message - people who send hateful messages will have their message discarded.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
What is the point in posting in a forum if you cannot accept constructive criticism? The reason I was so negative is because it is a terrible idea.
But people telling you that your idea is moronic doesn't stop you from continuing with this stupid 'suggestion' or what ever it is.
Just keep entertaining yourself.

Unapproved by DA: Rude/Ignorant

Last edited by a moderator:

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Sorry but it doesn't seem like you're seeing both sides of the point. From the start it seemed like you were open to critism and wanted ideas and help for your idea, but now it just seems like you're looking for people to give you the old "What a brilliant plan this was! had a medal!" reply.

If you're not gonna open it up to people who try to explain to you some of the problems with your idea just because they're pointing out the problems (which you seem to be totally ignoring and just focusing on the fact that they're pointing out problems and not throwing praise out of their asses) then why are you posting here?

No one's telling you you CAN'T do it. or at least i don't think anyone has said that. If you're so adamant about doing this, which you seem like you are, then like Iamsmart said, JUST DO IT! prove people like me and Cheese wrong, because if you can create such a brilliant working bot that will benefit the community than i will happily admit i was wrong.

end rant.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
She's not asking for permission. She's trying to find out if there's anyone here who she can bounce ideas off, perhaps make helpful suggestions to better her proposal.

If you're not one of those people, you're wasting your time in this thread, and indeed any others that propose something :p

penguin

Official Helper
If you want to do it, then do it. Don't ask others permission.

I wouldn't ask others for permission to do it.. if I was asking permission to do this, it would be in the suggestions thread, not the discussions thread.
*points to her first post*
That says "what do you guys think, yes or no and why if you feel like typing."
it doesn't say "Do you guys give me permission?"

Quit trying to twist my words - I'm sick of it.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
As my posts keep getting deleted, maybe penguin and DA have something special going on that means he has to protect you from posts that aint 100% pro penguin I don't know.

I will post again.
This is a terrible idea and it will not work what so ever, and by making it I do feel you are wasting your time, specially saying Azzer has said no so it being used by the general public aint going to happen.

You don't have the knowledge to input into this kind of bot either. You need to learn a hell of alot more about how the game works before you even think about making a bot to help people with the game. You can never teach something if you haven't learnt nearly all of it yourself.

Go on DA delete this post aswell you are just making people laugh at how much of an idiot you are being

-

[Unapproved by DA - User told not to respond to this thread]

Last edited by a moderator:

penguin

Official Helper
Cheese, you're trolling.. and that is a violations of the very clear and easy to understand forum guidelines. - And I will be reporting this thread for either a mod to look at or for Azzer looking at it, because this is rindiculous - how you're reacting and REFUSING to understand what I'm saying.

BTW, if I were immature, I would be posting a very angry reply right now, but as an official helper - I am doing this the way it should be done.

I ask the mods not to delete cheese's post and lock this thread for review.

-Thank you.

penguin

Official Helper
I have actually thought it down to a T, and I'm not doing this, but I will have my bot set up to where she can answer BASIC questions - like stated in the topic of this thread.

Problem solved!
*Waits for this thread to be locked*

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Thread Locked

Don't like locking threads but its clear this isn't going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.