Battlefield: Bad Company 2

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Shame..
I played the demo on PC and PS3, and on PC it's just alot better to play.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I got this for the xbox 360 a few days ago - I'm fairly impressed up to now (not played single player, I rarely do)

My main problem at the moment, and its a pretty big one - is how weak sniper rifles seem to be. I've unlocked 2/3 and the damage on them is ridiculously weak. At pretty much any distance it takes 2-3 shots to down someone - I'm not a bad aim, most of my shots hit the neck/torso/head, yet players seem to carry on running like a bee has stung em' :/

Also - the mortar launcher "perk" is unlocked far too early on, and is quite simply too overpowered.

Graphics aren't anything to shout about. Modern warfare excels there, that said the maps are far, far bigger than MW2, so graphics probably had to suffer as a result. (I liken the graphics to even some PS2 games tbh ("Black" isn't far off atall)

-

Last moan is the HORRIFIC noise at the end of each game, if you're losing - Its like some kind of horn that warns you you're losing, but the noise out of it is incredibly annoying.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Pssh DA. Most of your points are silly. It's a great game.

Although I agree with the sniper one. But headshots should be one shot kills. Can't wait till get the M95 :3

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Must be 360 then..

PC BFBC2 looks much and much better then MW2.
Also on PC BFBC2 looks better as on PS3.

Agreed on the sniper issue, but that's with all weapons, you have to shoot like 15 bullets of the M4A1 on someone's torso to actually kill him..
Main reason i play hardcore mode only

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Pssh DA. Most of your points are silly. It's a great game.

Although I agree with the sniper one. But headshots should be one shot kills. Can't wait till get the M95 :3

Headshots
M24 = no kill
Gol = no kill
M95 = kill
QBU88 = kill
SV98 = no kill
SVU = no kill
VSS Vintores = no kill

So just 2 sniper rifles only take 1 bullet in the head to kill..
Rest takes at least 2 or 3 as DA said.

Changer

Head Gardener
Huh, is that true BB?

I have been using the first sniper rifle (M24???) and get one shot kill headshots all the time?
You do realise you need to aim above the head to get a headshot right? Gravity has and effect of the bullets over distance, so if you are infact aiming at the head you will be hitting the torso area.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Yeah I am aware of that, you can actaully see the bullet fly through the air *also lots better than MW2*

You play hardcore or regular?

Changer

Head Gardener
My first shot with the M24 was a headshot on a helicopter pilot o_O

Needless to say, I havnt repeated this feat :(

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Huh, is that true BB?

I have been using the first sniper rifle (M24???) and get one shot kill headshots all the time?
You do realise you need to aim above the head to get a headshot right? Gravity has and effect of the bullets over distance, so if you are infact aiming at the head you will be hitting the torso area.

This is true of the game, in order to simulate "real life" - The truth is that is bullshit, you aim and shoot IRL, none of this "you have to adjust for "gravity" bollocks :p

Also, most sniper rifles leave exit wounds the size of a tangerine, one shot should be enough to down someone regardless of whether you hit em in the head of the shoulder. I think its a joke you have to reload a sniper twice to kill someone with a sniper.

Changer

Head Gardener
I just wasnt sure why you were struggling with the snipers so much DA, I have no problem using the first sniper. Saying that I havnt tried to use anything else much yet as they do seem weaker.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Huh, is that true BB?

This is true of the game, in order to simulate "real life" - The truth is that is bullshit, you aim and shoot IRL, none of this "you have to adjust for "gravity" bollocks :p

Also, most sniper rifles leave exit wounds the size of a tangerine, one shot should be enough to down someone regardless of whether you hit em in the head of the shoulder. I think its a joke you have to reload a sniper twice to kill someone with a sniper.
No I aint a sniper in RL but I do no you have to compensate for several things... wind, distance, the path the bullet will take... as it doesn't fire in a straight line which is of course due to gravity...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Huh, is that true BB?

That's just plain wrong DA. There is a lot of work that goes into sniping, adjusting for range, height, angle, windspeed, gravity etc etc. So, in actuality, the game is a reasonable representation of real life sniping without making it so realistic it's no longer fun.

As for sniper rifles being one shot, one kill, that would rather make them overpowered in a game, wouldn't it? The game goes for a mix of realism and fun, trying to provide a reasonable balance between the two, and I honestly think BF does a pretty good job.