Veteran Player

WackyJacky

Head Gardener
Just wondering how this award works. I have 12 ID's on my user profile page (I've deleted before the round end a few times, I'm guessing those won't count towards the award.) But even with deletes I still have those 12 ID's yet I don't have the award. Any help here azzman?

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I've deleted most rounds and I still have my award for it. Your last ID of the round has to be active for 36 ticks, and you have to still have an ID for the last tick of the round, IIRC.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's 12 seperate rounds, with one ID in each round that got deleted because of the round end (not deleted before-hand), with a minimum number of active ticks on that ID.

The ID's count from the point user awards went in - it did not work retroactively to "older rounds" in ID history from before the user awards were available (because a lot of data wasn't stored in ID history from back then to be able to be used for the award stuff)

tomtree

Head Gardener
i counted that i have 12 id's that were deleted do to the round end and im pretty sure all of them were active for over 36 ticks or whatever it is that's needed. yet i don't have the veteran player award...

any chance you could check azzer and tell me if it's you or me making the mistake? i imagine it's probably my mistake... :p

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
i counted that i have 12 id's that were deleted do to the round end and im pretty sure all of them were active for over 36 ticks or whatever it is that's needed. yet i don't have the veteran player award...

any chance you could check azzer and tell me if it's you or me making the mistake? i imagine it's probably my mistake... :p

Are you counting really early rounds? I can't quite remember what round user awards were introduced, but only rounds after that count - and obviously only 1 per round.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Changes For Round 22 Link Thu 29th Mar, 2007. 16:48:17

Here's a list of the latest changes/updates to the game!
* Player/user awards: The "User Profiles" page in the portal now has a new section; awards. These awards are automatically given out to players at the end of each round (after havoc ends), based on their achievements through the round (and even spanning multiple rounds, or private worlds, for some!). There are over 80 different awards to collect, ranging from various achievements in the game (some simple, some very complex), private worlds, developments, more fun/random things, and some near impossible achievements. Some even span multiple rounds and could only be achieved by working on them for a few rounds running. All awards must be discovered by the players - there is no public list of the awards, or how to achieve them. These awards also all have an "Award points" attached to them, and the portal profile page now sorts by these points by default - with the lesser awards giving only a handful of points, while the truly difficult/multiple round spanning awards giving a lot. Every award has a graphic icon linked to it that will appear on your own profile page as and when you get the award, so everybody can quickly see all of the things you have achieved so far in your Bushtarion career. The awards started being calculated from things you did in 21, they do not look back to round 20 or before.

tomtree

Head Gardener

Are you counting really early rounds? I can't quite remember what round user awards were introduced, but only rounds after that count - and obviously only 1 per round.

That would be why i dont have the award then... thanks for clearing it up. :)