New Ally Member

Deathcult

Pruner
Ok so we had someone join the ally after someone else left, and the new guy had some inc, so being thats what ally members do, we sent Defense, yet we couldn't because the game did not allow us because he was new.

WTF! thats not cool.

Change that back :[

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Actually.. since the whole powerblock thing is now forbidden, I don't see why shouldn't you be able to defend new players.

If I recall correctly it was a method of preventing the swapping of members. But at the moment it is not necessary because if you do swap members it would really seem like powerblocking, which will probably result in locking/deleting/some other penalty

Silence

Head Gardener
I think it should be changed back *unless* it becomes abused again.

It was only changed in the first place as people used it to assist with their power block.

So yes, in my opinion, it should be put back to the way it was unless groups of alliances collude and use it to their benefit, whether it is resistance or power block. But yes I agree with this gripe!

That’s just my opinion.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Keep it how it is currently. Tough luck if you've just joined an ally and can't get def. It's the way it is.

Deathcult

Pruner
I say change it and see how it works out. If more people jump ships then yeah change it back to how it is now, but it really is annoying. I'm not really expecting it to change though but it be nice!

Dimitar

Landscape Designer
Maybe make it impossible for a player to rejoin an alliance he left ( I know this seems extreme )

tomtree

Head Gardener
It was blackwolf that actually did this with his alliances Royal Flush and Ethereal in the tba rd

but i agree keep it how it is

didn't it happen before this? Cos i was in ethereal and I swear we weren't the first to do it. Unless ofc BW had another ethereal before that round?

And I agree that although it is annoying it shouldn't be changed cos as has been said; if it can be abuses it will be.

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I like it how it is.

Another kudos for Tob, and others that have this opinion.
It adds an element of a downside to joining an alliance, though I think, to add - Maybe remove it for a player that was solo joining an alliance, but keep it for players leaving one alliance for another?
Merely an idea, you could stop people just leaving and for solo and then joining an alliance straight after by implementing a hidden timer that only activates if they attempt to rejoin another alliance within x ticks?
Just an idea. Though on the whole I agree with the majority, it isn't too bad of a function.