Most pathetic alliance thus far!!!

Max

Garden Designer
it's a war game the idea is to get the most land get the most troops and kick arse not worry about whether you are being a little bit unfair. Don't you think most wars are unfair?

This is a game. Good games are balanced.

Agreed. I know that I have always enjoyed a BR that was a closely fought affair, for example by attacking at 70-80% range or above and winning you'll get a really intensive battle, as opposed to just massing troops at someone 30% of you and winning outright without them firing or they just send away.

But then that's just me, perhaps most people these days just care about getting land and not in good old 1-on-1 dueling against someone the same score as you :D

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I can completely understand and agree with you freekill. The problem is that there is no longer any incentive for players to attack at above 70%, and no punishment for attacking at 30%. This is why I am campaigning for the return of L/F or something similar, so that we can return to a more fair system :)

If L/F doesn't work out, then I would suggest an alternative approach whereby instead of land capping at 10% minimum (which isn't enough of an incentive to attack bigger targets) it should simply drop to 0% land at minimum range, so that there's no land to gain and only kills. Obviously, I'd rather have no land cap and an L/F system in place instead, but there should be SOME system to deter attacking at 30% other than an eta modifier.

Back rounds ago you used to be able to hit at 17.5% of your range, not many complained about being raped because it was all about the land back then not the troops.
Reducing the land further so you can only kill at the bottom of your range is pure stupidity, it's a war game the idea is to get the most land get the most troops and kick arse not worry about whether you are being a little bit unfair. Don't you think most wars are unfair? And further more your suggestion would make it more about troops than land when that isn't the way this game was designed to be played.

Land > troops

you fail noob cheese :p you need troops to keep your land, troops > land any day

troops > land

Moggy

Weeder
I think that what Cheese was trying to communicate was that Land > Troops is what the game was originally founded on. The game has evolved to become Troops > Land due to the introduction of new statistics and an increase in Score Queens.

There was a time, however, that the measure of a person's ability to play the game reflected in the amount of land they had, and not the number of staff they employed. :)

Terrakan

Harvester
I think that what Cheese was trying to communicate was that Land > Troops is what the game was originally founded on. The game has evolved to become Troops > Land due to the introduction of new statistics and an increase in Score Queens.

There was a time, however, that the measure of a person's ability to play the game reflected in the amount of land they had, and not the number of staff they employed. :)

1 Spit 'n Swallow Intense 20 801,318 2,028,220,121,857

1 3229 CKoner Spit 'n Swallow CK1337 56,482 152,996,459,459
2 666 Keep Knocking. I'll Answer Soon. Spit 'n Swallow Nitrous 43,060 149,272,330,919
3 6649 Special Operations Command Spit 'n Swallow the_master 52,397 147,173,597,388

Last round

Name Members Size Score Avg. Score
Shadows 12 927,752 2,557,063,763,717 213,088,646,976

Rank ID Tag Owner Company Acres Score
1 332 Shadows Moe Lester 152,699 502,882,034,763
2 278 Shadows MullKingJr Sir_DrumalotCo 143,081 427,871,596,445
3 193 Shadows Minerva_ Diosa_de_la_guerra_ 108,832 291,897,738,641

Round 7

so yeah i would totally agree with what Moggy and Cheese are saying

Bruce666

Harvester
and as for particular reasons for these type of attacks...

anyone saying, "but I'm being attacked by people over 300% my score all the time"

just because someone else out there is a total FAILURE at warring, doesn't mean you have to be as well. If people 300% my size attack me constantly, so be it, BUT I won't do it unto others

ive been an asshole most of the rounds i played, this is the first round in a longtime i havent played like barcodes are supposedly doing too you, i lead NO U last round and started attacking ogluks alliance with another alliance and after a long chat with him decided what i was doing was wrong, from now on i will play and have been playing with a little more decorum

just tell lankys members too talk too ogluk and theyll all stop doing it, he mind ****s you into no matter what you believe you will believe your wrong:p

CFalcon

Official Helper

1 3229 CKoner Spit 'n Swallow CK1337 56,482 152,996,459,459
2 666 Keep Knocking. I'll Answer Soon. Spit 'n Swallow Nitrous 43,060 149,272,330,919

Last round

Rank ID Tag Owner Company Acres Score
1 332 Shadows Moe Lester 152,699 502,882,034,763
2 278 Shadows MullKingJr Sir_DrumalotCo 143,081 427,871,596,445

Round 7

so yeah i would totally agree with what Moggy and Cheese are saying

Of course, the winning acres last round being a third of what they were in round 7 has nothing to do with the playerbase being a third the size of what it was in round 7.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
and as for particular reasons for these type of attacks...

anyone saying, "but I'm being attacked by people over 300% my score all the time"

just because someone else out there is a total FAILURE at warring, doesn't mean you have to be as well. If people 300% my size attack me constantly, so be it, BUT I won't do it unto others

ive been an asshole most of the rounds i played, this is the first round in a longtime i havent played like barcodes are supposedly doing too you, i lead NO U last round and started attacking ogluks alliance with another alliance and after a long chat with him decided what i was doing was wrong, from now on i will play and have been playing with a little more decorum

just tell lankys members too talk too ogluk and theyll all stop doing it, he mind ****s you into no matter what you believe you will believe your wrong:p

rofl!!!! its true! :p i r teh master of hypnosis or something :p
no clue what the topics actually about but yeah, for behaviour correction just send 5 credits to my account and i'll give 5 sessions a fortnight and i guarentee you'll be changed! (no guarentees into a better person)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
from now on i will play and have been playing with a little more decorum

Xb-1.jpg

Davis

Tree Surgeon
azzer mentioned a lot of things but how many of them happened lawl.... how many people have seen him online in the past round... people want to blame the loss of this game to the players, but in reality is all on the "owner" he has obviously gave up on this game so why shouldn't we?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As I've said at the start of this round, I'm going to be working on coding until next round, and next round I'm expecting to tick off a few of the major "design directions" things that are actually dead-certs (remember some of them are just "ideals" or "ideas for inspiration", but some of them will be going in directly as I listed them).

In my 7 years of running Bushtarion (this is a long time, and a long lifespan for a game), I've found that I can either work on two things "properly";
* Making a shiny happy face on the forums and IRC every day posting in every thread and saying to the world "Hey look, I'm here, and I'm ready to hold your hand!" and everyone cheers until they find out features aren't ready for the next round and it's all "Lazy Azzer". "Community Management" - this is not what the aim of my life was and is frankly somthing you all know I'm crap at. I'm rubbish at wrapping things up in pretty words, "management speak", telling everyone how wonderful they all are and general customer service. I've never been able to bring myself to be able to communicate with people other than as a "person to person" footing rather than a "I'm a professional company you're my loyal customer" footing - I just suck at it and can't do it :p
* Get my head down and work on coding (this is what I consider my job, what I enjoy, and what I'm good at) and actually get things done a lot quicker (atm I'm working on both my big epic RPG project again, as I told people I would start working on again in a big way some time back, trying to make a final big push on completing that over the next 4 months or so, and dedicating days to Bushtarion coding in-between too), and just grit my teeth and endure all the guys and girls who need my hand-holding (see above point) to prevent them being all "Omg Azzer's abandoned us" (something I've seen and most of us have seen voiced loudly and doomsdayishly on these forums whenever I disappear for these coding patches which I seem to do like this every couple of years - I do need breaks from the constant "Oh woe is me everything is terrible" posts and really need to just get back to my roots of coding rather than community-ing at times - because those posts get you down no matter how many positive "I love the game thanks for keeping it free and advert and sponsorless all these years and enduring all the crap you can get like the persistant death threats from certain banned people" messages you get)

All this experience over time has also been making me think I need to adjust people's perspective of how this game and myself operate - and get somebody new in to the team on a more official basis. I need a "Community Manager" - an official "spokesperson" who can do all that talky talky stuff and has a direct, regular, private contact with me to keep me afoot of all goings on (tbh I already have that aspect of things from certain helpful people :D), but that I can then relay information back to and they can post up in nice tied up community style speak, and that can deal with the "community related" tasks like bannings, locks, etc.

I know for a fact that after my years of experience with Bushtarion, this is exactly how I'm going to run the RPG (and I have 2 people already lined up to help run it full time from the community side so I can do the coding and take a backseat from the community, as you'll find 90% of developers of games do), but I'm going to run it like that from day 1 so people don't have this expectation of having me posting on the forums and doing all the "one-man-band" stuff all the time (and thus no disappointment when I disappear to do the coding) - I have a feeling that the community on Bushtarion got so used to having this personal "hands on" approach from me that they won't be able to handle/accept a "Community manager/representative" figure in my place "publically" - but it's something I think I'd like to do. People don't like me being a crap "community manager", but they don't like me not showing my face either.

I don't know any people that say they actually like how I communicate with people (outside of a personal nature). And one of the largest criticisms really about me is either my hodge-podge nature of community managing, my "Oh grow up you big baby" type messages to people I can't be bothered with etc. - so I don't think people would miss anything by me taking a more permanent back seat and sticking to the code as long as we actually had an active and willing "community manager" who does talk to me all the time and is motivated enough to take on quite a lot of responsibility (ability to lock accounts in sure cases, doesn't play the game in any involved manner, doesn't get involved in "friend/social groups" so can remain unbiased in decisions) and pass messages back to you guys regularly.

Anyway I am still "here" - just sitting under the engine of Bushtarion atm rather than driving in the front seat. Or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekiel

Harvester
I would like to add to this.

Barcode suck.

I'm solo (as per) and must of been waved by them at least 4 different times, and yeah, they piggy back the crap ones on the guys that are 300% of my score. Not to mention wiping out my INNS when i have barely any lethals. I have a PNAP as well, he tried defending me once and since the he has been on their apparent rape list, but has managed to fend them off just like I have.

So basically, they are nothing but a pain in the arse. They haven't landed on me in ages, since I got savy to their plans, and infact, i just landed over 1k acres on one of them. SO FU barcode, you suck.

Davs

Garden Designer
I like the idea of a community manager, but there's no way in hell you can find someone the community respects - no offence to anyone in particular, but there are very defined cliques in the community, each with very different opinions of other prominent characters. I just see it likely that there will be one person regarded highly enough by enough of the community to be able to qualify for such a position.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
I like the idea of a community manager, but there's no way in hell you can find someone the community respects - no offence to anyone in particular, but there are very defined cliques in the community, each with very different opinions of other prominent characters. I just see it likely that there will be one person regarded highly enough by enough of the community to be able to qualify for such a position.

I do think that someone like Martin is respected by both his adversaries and his friends.
Or someone who doesn't play FTW, like Asmodeus, so he probably hasn't pissed anyone off. After all, a community manager isn't there to tell people how to play, just to be a bridge between the community and Azzer.