• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Changing titles creates Logs

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I currently can't think of a good reason to be notified everytime one of my alliance members changes their titles.

I mean especially if they are working on formatting then I get to be notified of every last one?

Can I not look at my members list and see what their titles are? Do I not already have access as leader to change their title if I don't like what they have put? Can I not remove their access to their title if need be?

So if I have the power to see, change, and restrict a persons title, why must I be notified that I did so? Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but it's spammy and annoying. Please remove notification logs for title changes.

I could be alone in this. I hope not.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I too am a little frustrated getting new log messages' for something so trivial - I can't see a real need for these changes to be logged.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I find that I disagree. Getting the notes is a good way of keeping yourself up to date with members going afk and the like. If you're afk yourself and return to 50 news it'll take you two clicks to remove them.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
I quite like having a history of who changed who's tag and to what.. quite helpful sometimes.
I guess a compromise could be if they were still logged, but didn't contribute to the 'New Logs' count and so didn't fire the new logs link...

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I find that I disagree. Getting the notes is a good way of keeping yourself up to date with members going afk and the like. If you're afk yourself and return to 50 news it'll take you two clicks to remove them.

the point you bring up is good, however, what if there were a few noteworthy in the 50, like donations if i'm keeping tabs? now i have to sift?

so maybe make my suggestion to have the logs sortable?

but wait, if i want to know if someone went offline, do i not have ability to view a refresh time? and instead of 2 clicks for 50 news, I can click 1x for a complete member list and see all the titles (plus refresh times)... instead of seeing

player a xxx Troop yyy Troop zzcutoff
player a xxx Trp yyy Trp zzz Trp
player a [xxx] trp [yyy] trp [zzz] trp
player a offline
player a 'offline' contactable

I just don't have a good reason for wanting to see all of that when the 1 click of memberslist gives me all the updates I need.

edit: weeble/dachi - do you have a reason other than preference? I'm just asking. I mean I know my suggestion is a preference, but other than sheer knowledge that someone changed their title and how.... is there a use?

maybe i'm just not getting it and would like to use this knowledge for gain.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The use is that you're being notified when someone changes their note (which is usually used to post whereabouts), apart from you having to manually go and look for it. I guess that's knowledge, but it can be useful when you suddenly get mass inc and you'll at least have it in the back of your mind whos away and not. Tbh, that's not a good reason either, but I'm drunk and I'm retyping every second word I write to make it eligable (readable?).

edit: as for donations they can be searched for (when Azzer implements it). or perhaps flagged with an icon

Last edited:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Just a small suggestion similar to this...thought i'd whack it in here rather than make a whole new thread.

Can you at least not be notified when you change your own title...you know you've changed it...why does the game feel the need to tell you!!! :p

I understand its because if you have the permission to view alliance logs you see all of them, but surely something could be put in so you dont see logs relating to changes made by yourself...

Khris

Pruner
title logs should just be a whole different section...

its not really mainstream news... why cant it just be somewhere else..

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Yeah, maybe have a seperate news page for alliance info.

So news for detected hax/spies/ect on the HQ, as well as mobs send to/recalled from the HQ, alliance developments started/completed, notification of title changes are on a separate page that only certain members may view (determined by leader using current system ofc).

I am not sure how most of this stuff already works as i havnt been a leader before, so forgive any silly comments :)

btw, i had a lot of fun spamming my leader by changing my title. Till he removed the ability and changed it to something else... ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Log title changes no longer give the "alliance logs" link at the top of everybody's page, but they are still marked as unread (ie highlighted) when you visit your logs page so you can still see new logs.

Also went a step further and added in a "Filter By Type" to the top of the logs page. You can now view logs filtered by the following types, seperately:

* All
* Donations
* Members Recruited
* Members Kicked
* Members Left
* Leadership Changes
* Declarations
* Flag/Banner Changes
* Public Profile Changes
* Alliance Overview Changes
* Title Changes
* Permission Changes
* Developments
* Tax Rate Changes

This change is retroactive - ie works for all logs, old and new, so should make for looking through your history of events for anything specific much easier.