Online MMO I'm playing now, care to join me?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you get 5 for free when you hit level 5? If so I'll chuck it in.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Where are you guys getting all this Gold? I've got like $2 US and 0.12 Gold. Where did I go wrong :(

Bobbin

Head Gardener
I think we need to get a list of everyone who is playing from Bush and their ingame nicks together, so if we decide to go take over a country we know who is who tbh... Getting rather confused as to who is who.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I think we need to get a list of everyone who is playing from Bush and their ingame nicks together, so if we decide to go take over a country we know who is who tbh... Getting rather confused as to who is who.

Concurred. You're all over it :eek:

With Azzer and Souls involved that's 32 gold total, unless my math is terrible. I'll leave this for another 12-16 hours (whenever I log on tomorrow) to see what other interested parties crawl out of the woodwork, and we'll go from there with whatever amount we have. We'll talk industry and location and such then.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I'll donate 1 once I hit level 6... gotta use the other 4 gold for some wellness boxes since I fracked myself over fighting and can't get healthy anymore :(

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I'll donate 1 once I hit level 6... gotta use the other 4 gold for some wellness boxes since I fracked myself over fighting and can't get healthy anymore :(

I'll put you down for 1g, but you are WRONG SIR. There's totally better ways to get your wellness up. Get people to gift you, or even buy gifts, and donate them to people to gift to you. A Q1 gift is about $2.50 in the US, gives you 1 wellness, and each person can give you 10 a day. 20 Q1 gifts doesn't equal 1 gold with our shitty dollar, and that's a lot cheaper than 4 gold for 2 wellness boxes.

I'm happy to help with the gifting, lemme know.

Running total: 33g

Flip

Weeder
I have 3 gold right now, but more coming. So it depends on how soon your starting. Count me in for 3 if your starting soon, 8 if it will be a few days.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I'll throw my five in! :D

Just poke me on IRC when you need it and maybe tell me how to send it :p

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
so i bought a gift....

what to do now?

If you want it to improve your wellness, send it to me and I'll gift it to you.

Edit3: Donate me the gift, don't click the 'offer gift' button. As that uses the gift on me, and I don't especially need it :p

41g mustered so far, and I'll throw in probably 9 to make it a round 50. Next step: figuring out what to do with the 50g! Put on your market research hats, people!

http://ereptools.pl <----all sorts of resource price charts, conversion rates, etc
http://www.erepublik.com/en/market/country-0-industry-0-quality-0 <--- marketplace = prices, switch to any country or quality you want to look at
http://www.erepublik.com/en/country/economy/USA <---- tax rates (import taxes especially significant if we intend to export), switch to any country you care to look at; also, keep an eye out for embargoes
http://www.egobba.de/ <--- world map, we'll want to keep an eye out for high-resource regions, and make sure not to go into business in an area that might soon be taken over

Get at it and report any opportunities you see!

Edit: For reference, it's 20g to start a company, 20g to upgrade from Q1 to Q2, 20g for an export license to any one foreign country, and we'll ofc have to pay wages and possibly for raw materials. So with 50g, we can easily afford to start the company and either go Q2 or buy an export license if we're raw materials. If we're manufacturing we can start it and maaaybe do one of those two, but the raw material expense might get in the way, at least at first.

Edit2: DA's 5 gold makes it 46, not counting whatever I'll contribute. May as well keep accepting investors while we sort out the rest of the details.

Last edited:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you want it to improve your wellness, send it to me and I'll gift it to you.
Edit3: Donate me the gift, don't click the 'offer gift' button. As that uses the gift on me, and I don't especially need it :p

Wait wait wait... in erepublik... to heal up... you have to give somebody else a gift, and they have to use it on you. You can't just go "Oh actually I think I'll use this special healing thing on myself"?

How often is this backwards way of healing actually needed? I saw mention of "Hospitals" that heal your wellness automatically when you fight, doesn't that make the above redundant?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
How often is this backwards way of healing actually needed? I saw mention of "Hospitals" that heal your wellness automatically when you fight, doesn't that make the above redundant?

Yes.
Only needed if you say are on 39 wellness and need that extra 1 to go fight to be able to heal yourself.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Hospitals are the way to go. If you live in, say, London, which has a Q5 hospital, it can heal you up to 50 points a day after you fight. The only reason you'd need gifts is if your wellness is too low for you to fight. In which case get someone to gift you, then fight and heal, and afterward just work the hospital to get your wellness over 90 and keep it there.

Edit: Also investors, kindly scroll up a few posts to my last post, and let's get some bloody research going eh? I wanna go forward with this thing :p

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
ill put in 5 ones i haven them :p

ow and wtf at the gift/donate thingy!

wasted useless diamonds on youre sorry ass!

anyway send to donate this time -_-

/me grrrrs

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Tree adds 5 gold, and Flip adds another 5g, Newfound adds 1g, making it 57g so far.

I'm gonna start looking for opportunities, since nobody else cba :p

Last edited:

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
I present you my findings

I present you my findings

Having done extensive market research, I propose the following.

I want to put an iron company in the Asturias region of Spain, and export iron to the United Kingdom. This will be a Q2 company. According to my loose math, based on current wages, conversation rates, and taxes, I believe we will make a fair profit each day, depending on the caliber of our employees. In my estimates of what I believe we can hire and retain, we would make a profit of between 80 and 100 GBP per day, once we settle on a quality staff.

This company will require 65-80g to begin. 20g to start the company, 20g for the export license to Britain, 20g to upgrade to Q2, and the rest for wages.

There is one potential threat worth mentioning. Asturias currently lies in Spain, but is under heavy threat from the French. Spain has a trading embargo with the UK for at least the next 20 days, which means that if they successfully defend the region, we cannot trade with the UK. Of course you understand the implications of this. However, I believe it is nearly certain that Asturias will fall to the French (backed by the forces of PEACE), and if this happens, we will be able to trade.

Once the company is established, it will pay a dividend to each owner of a percentage of the profits earned the previous week. The total dividend will be 50-80% of the profits earned (we'll work it out), and the rest will be reinvested into the company. It will of course be doled out relative to the size of each investor's stake in the company.

I would be willing to invest my own money in this, but of course it isn't just my money. PLEASE let me know what you think, and ask any questions you have.