• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Geo Phys Thieves Dev.

Chezz

Harvester
Currently for Geo Phys thieves, we need to develop 2 techs:

Geo-Physics - 12 ticks - $250,000
Geo-Phys Thieves - 20 ticks - $500,000

This seems pretty pointless. Why not just merge them into 1 tech:

Geo-Physics - 32 ticks - $750,000

Any comments?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
It'd be more adventurous if we have to develop Geo-Physics in order to unlock a number of other techs as well (such as Cheek Pockets, etc) to give it a use!

Tombi

Harvester

Any comments?

Because of stealth geos!

Chezz

Harvester
@Tombi

Ok....that seems like a reasonable explanation, but still....$500,000 is peanuts and 20 ticks isn't exactly a lot either.

Anyway this isn't something major, just something that I've been thinking about previously.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
20 ticks x 3.2 = 72 ticks which is half day.

Although I agree about merging the two teches.

Chezz

Harvester
:( /me fails at estimating time. Forgot abt the dev. multiplier. :mrgreen:

rooney

Head Gardener

Any comments?

Because of stealth geos!

what about them? you still need to develop both geo techs before starting stealth theives. would be better if after developing geo physics you unlocked stealth theives and geo theives?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Geo-Physics 12 £250,000,000 :: Technology used to study and analyse land in great detail.
:: Is a requirement for technology 'Geo-Phys Thieves'.
Geo-Phys Thieves 20 £500,000,000 :: Develop new mobile geo-phys technology used to study land out on the field.
:: Enables Unit 'Geo-Phys Thief'.
:: Is a requirement for technology 'Stealth Geo-Physics'.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Only Geo-Physics should be a requirement for Stealth Thieves, imo.

Khris

Pruner
its 2 techs because makes you have to get back on n pay attention or whatever if you try and just start em before bed or something

more techs is more work haha

timtadams

Landscape Designer
i dont mind it being two techs. After doing the first one i might decide i need to tech up sooner and so delay getting geos, and tech up a bit more instead without having to wait as long (for example)

Chezz

Harvester
If we have it like that we might as well split each major tech into parts. ^.^

rooney

Head Gardener
exactly, at the minute SO stealth theives triggers land cap before even starting ninja! its the only route that triggers the land cap on its 2nd tier tech = not fair imo

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
i think geos should count as two techs. and it is fair for stealth thiefs. because as soon as u tech it you can steal an extra 3%

which kinda negates the cap anyway. and it also means u steal before wheelies so if u are piggying some one u deserv to have that cap active imo, so u dont use thier flak and get a full grab.

i see no harm in it being two techs. but if it does change then im not gonna complain to much. as the tech is generic, so you/I get the same advantages and disadvantages no matter what route, if its 1 tech or 2. its equally as fair for any player.