• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Security levels

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Currently, if I hold 100 sec level and I try creating a thread that can be viewed only by members with 200 sec level and above this is not possible and instead the thread is created and everyone can see it.

Either put a message warning us that the thread is actually visible to everyone or make it work the way it should.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll make it default to the highest security level you have available, rather than default to 0. However the page does, I believe, specify "0-x" where x is your own security level, as a hint that you cannot put higher. Not much of a warning as to what happens if you don't do it, I admit, but still... I think that's better than requiring a second confirmation/cancelling the post attempt if you try to post higher than you have?

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Ehm, I personally don't see a reason to not be able to create threads with more sec level needed to be viewed than your own.

*shrug*

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, possibly, I dunno... just seems a bit "odd" I guess. But I suppose it couldn't reeeeeally be harmful at all, and might be helpful? :S I'd like a few opinions from leaders of allies as to the idea, if they can think of any negatives or not (I can't really).

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The option should be there, members can put things on pols for the leader(s) to read and discuss.

rooney

Head Gardener
only problem then would be that you couldnt view your own thread. i cant imagine too many situations where you would want that tbh

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
only problem then would be that you couldnt view your own thread. i cant imagine too many situations where you would want that tbh

but why not do it, just in case the situation arises?

rooney

Head Gardener
good point i spose. but there should be a warning that 'if you set this security level you will not be able to view the thread'

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Why just not mail the people in question and they can make a thread with high sec.rating if they feel they need it??

Madmeater

Harvester
seems pointless to me. Like Enrico said, why not just talk to the oficers yourself instead of spamming pols. Plus there's IRC if it's really urgent

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Plus there's IRC if it's really urgent
You're understanding of "urgent" seems a bit flawed. Urgent is exactly why I am bringing this here. You can't discuss something with someone who is not here and when he is here you might be the one who is away.

Why do I have to make a long post then c/p to three, four or how many your leaders and HCs are and then communicated with ALL of them via mails explaining to A what B and C think about D.

If you are against this suggestion please state why. What negative things it will bring? Abuses?

I can see only positives, and suggestion with only positives is a good suggestion in my dictionary.

Madmeater

Harvester
Urgent is exactly why I am bringing this here. You can't discuss something with someone who is not here and when he is here you might be the one who is away.

Why do I have to make a long post then c/p to three, four or how many your leaders and HCs are and then communicated with ALL of them via mails explaining to A what B and C think about D.

If you are against this suggestion please state why. What negative things it will bring? Abuses?

I can see only positives, and suggestion with only positives is a good suggestion in my dictionary.

You're understanding of "urgent" seems a bit flawed.
By urgent I mean a pressing matter that must be discussed immediately. How is that flawed?

Why, exactly, do you want to hide this information from people at, or below, your current security level? surely if you, a member of 100 security, can discuss such things, why not your peers?

You can't discuss something with someone who is not here and when he is here you might be the one who is away.

You can't discuss something if you can't see the discussion...

I'm sorry, I still fail to see the advantages of such a feature. In my mind I see it as a way for members in no position of authority to dilute the ranking member's pol's page. I'm sure that you'd have something of worth to say, but what about the countless people spamming "Let me control HQ troops plox" in an attempt to get the attention of officers.

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Urgent is exactly why I am bringing this here. You can't discuss something with someone who is not here and when he is here you might be the one who is away.
I don't want to duscuss it. I want the leader and HCs to duscuss suggestion between themselves.

For example, player A is looking from alliance and I think we can use it and replace player B from our ally who is innactive.

I make this suggestion and leave it to the HCs to decide what to do. What is there to understand? I would do that exactly because it is urgent instead of waiting for them to come online.

I'm sure that you'd have something of worth to say, but what about the countless people spamming "Let me control HQ troops plox" in an attempt to get the attention of officers.
You kick them out of the alliance.

Madmeater

Harvester
Ah, I see now. Rather than you being part of the discussion it's more to do with bringing it to the attention of the higher-ups.

Ok i'm on the right page now, and I dont think it could hurt.

Edit: I suppose a mail would still fufill this purpose if the person made a pols post themselves, but as you say, it cant hurt to take out the middle man and just post yourself

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I agree with the suggestion.

But say you do want to be able to view/participate in discussion as some people mentioned, then maybe allow the poster to be able to view thread as well, even though they have lower security level? Or is that just not possible? Or maybe someone with the higher security has the option to allow that person to view and maybe post in thread?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
timtadams - Now we're getting to the point where you want somebody with X security level, to post with Y security level and read with Y security level.

You know a solution is already available to do this :p

If you have 3 co-leaders, with security level, shall we say... 200.

And you have yourself, you maybe have a security level of 0.

You want to have a conversation which you can join in with, without giving you the ability to see the co-leaders security level 200 threads, and without other members of the alliance reading it.

Leader gives you 50 security level. You can now make a security level 50 thread. Nobody below 50 can see it, the co-leaders can, you can, problem solved :p

That's why there's 255 different security levels available - so as you get more and more trusted/important, you can have a higher security level from the rest of the plebs in the ally, and have discussions privately from them! :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Yes but when you have 3 people with 200 and 1 with 256 and everyone else is with 0 things are not so easy. Yes I know, sometimes leaders are thick, but if I want to leave a message to the leader and 3 HCs I want to leave it ONLY to them.