Round 31 Awards Discussion

marvin

Tree Surgeon
As alci said the targets were BS. Iamsmart your planning was also BS. Stop trying to defend it. I could have done a better job but you were SO arrogant you would not let me so I let it go.

And I know for a fact twigs chose the to target alci. Boring.

Iamsmart your resistance was BS. Everyone knows it was BS. you lost the round because of your BS offensive skills. If you were any good you would have shown a challenge to s2n. But im afraid you suck. Too bad

*sigh* I really wish I wasn't in such a good mood or I'd make a really mean post.

Mkay, you obviously ignored my previous post - I wonder why? Suppose you can't contradict the truth.

For the record since you seem to really like posting lies - I never wanted to organize the resistance. The only reason I did is because I wanted it to succeed and nobody else would take the initiative. It was stuck in the water. JJ was sick of organizing, Twigley was always too lazy and nobody from Aili or OF seemed particularly interested.

The ONE time you offered to organize you posted a plan just like mine - Just with poor targets. You then procceeded to go to sleep and not even send - And I was asked to change the targets because they thought you were looney.

I was never arrogant - I never told anybody they couldn't take charge - In fact I asked several people and even offered the job to you.

As for choosing Alci as a target - I still have no idea why you're so concerned with it. But ask anybody in the resistance channel, we even chose him as a target the night before but we didn't have enough people to stay and face them head on.

As for it being my fault for Enmity falling against you so quickly, I doubt I even owe that a response. I was never a decision maker for Enmity, and definitely not the leader. I was on the entire time defending until my internet went down which is when they proceeded to hit sleep mode without me.

True say.

EDIT: The below post represents; *facepalm* for those that didn't know *cough* Iamsmart *cough* This is why you'll never be TBA.

alexx

Harvester
as alci said the targets were bs. Iamsmart your planning was also bs. Stop trying to defend it. I could have done a better job but you were so arrogant you would not let me so i let it go.

And i know for a fact twigs chose the to target alci. Boring.

Iamsmart your resistance was bs. Everyone knows it was bs. You lost the round because of your bs offensive skills. If you were any good you would have shown a challenge to s2n. But im afraid you suck. Too bad

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Last edited:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
It is quite clear to everyone that the tactics which the resistance used were quite poorly planned. After all what other feedback do you expect on your planning when you needed such a damn long time to kill an alliance which is 3 times smaller than your combined score.

Yes, it was successful in the end, but having in mind the circumstances it should have been successful much much sooner.

LT: xxx Fake: xxx Real: xxx is never a good plan and is just lazy planning.

Funny, I quite remember those being your tactics when you lead the resistance when I was in your alliance a few rounds ago.

Yes of course, what you didn't know is that each alliance had it's own targets and the resistane was made out of five or four alliances. that makes 8/10 targets altogether. There is a bit of difference, don't you think?

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I remember it being we were the only alliance doing anything and then KHaoS jumped in, never really any coordination between the two. I wasn't too involved that round though so I guess I wouldn't know.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
The resistance tactics were pretty poor. Rarely more than 2 targets occasionally you got 'fancy' and threw down for three targets, once i think you even hit 4? Either way your attacks were wildly predictable.

Real one, fake another, POMs/Vamps to a third. *shrug* some variation on that theme but more or less the same.

The stealth reveals gave the game away everytime.

in my honest opinion, when we were RaRR, you guys didn't really have a chance since concentrating all your 'eggs in one basket' so to speak was just an impossibility with the number of troops we had, we'd have won, or come out even on just about any BR you could've had with us.

When we were ReRR we still had lots of troops and i'm honestly surprised you stayed on as few BRs as you did, although in all fairness we sent out a lot and took a few landhits.

The cleverest thing you did was boost RPGs late to bash us last tick; that was good thinking. However it was just about the only good thinking I witnessed.

Kudos to your dedication, determination; but anyone who gives you kudos for your 'organizational skills' is just bloody delusional. :p Everytime you guys sent it was the same 3 targets, same real, same fake etc. No variation, what were you thinking?!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
enrico said:
Player of the Round - Solo - DS is the only one I noticed: bountyhunting solo with RPGs is not easy.

not to bash ds, but could you, enrico, shed some light on what exactly makes it hard?

You need to find more spesific targets.
Robots and armour heavy Strikers are seldom solo...
You cannot rely on stealth to get past defense on allied targets.
For maximum effect you can't just hoard a singel type of unit.

All in all:
Bountyhunting with SA or Vamps are a bit easier.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Just a comment on Yangs allegation:

Epic Fail never approached DW for a SNAP, I was contacted by Recon, acting as leader of DW, proposing to attack together. As we at the time had been mauled a bit by OF, I accepted and joined his "attack channel" on IRC.

As our main priority was to recoup our losses and my crew manage to grab acres without having to resort to bashes/use LETs, we said we would tag along if DW wanted to attack any of the alliances above them. (at the time we were 8th, and they 7th I think)

But nothing happened, and when we twice gave a notice that we would be hitting a given ally, no one seemed interest to join from DW and that was that. At one point we had 8 people in the joint channel, and they had 2... So I guess DW at that time wasn't very active.

Our frustration stemmed from the fact that DW one moment nagged to get a truce for joint attacking, and a few days later start sending waves on us. (Which was mostly blocked, but still meant we had to do defense rather than offense.)

I'm not a fan of "snaping", but I can see the value of attacking a greater enemy in unison, but it was DW that kept trying to snap any and all.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
The resistance tactics were pretty poor. Rarely more than 2 targets occasionally you got 'fancy' and threw down for three targets, once i think you even hit 4? Either way your attacks were wildly predictable.

Real one, fake another, POMs/Vamps to a third. *shrug* some variation on that theme but more or less the same.

The stealth reveals gave the game away everytime.

in my honest opinion, when we were RaRR, you guys didn't really have a chance since concentrating all your 'eggs in one basket' so to speak was just an impossibility with the number of troops we had, we'd have won, or come out even on just about any BR you could've had with us.

When we were ReRR we still had lots of troops and i'm honestly surprised you stayed on as few BRs as you did, although in all fairness we sent out a lot and took a few landhits.

The cleverest thing you did was boost RPGs late to bash us last tick; that was good thinking. However it was just about the only good thinking I witnessed.

Kudos to your dedication, determination; but anyone who gives you kudos for your 'organizational skills' is just bloody delusional. :p Everytime you guys sent it was the same 3 targets, same real, same fake etc. No variation, what were you thinking?!

What exactly would you suggest? I'm not saying the people who organized it did a great job but from my point of view there weren't too many options. Doing any mass targets and splitting our LET's would be silly - Your top 5 were always able to get on easily - All you would need is 1 large and maybe a smaller dude to fake each one and it would be silly to stay anywhere or you'd just pick them off one by one. Any attempt at sending vampires with a fake or something to throw you off would be silly as well - We had no spy or intel. If we intended to stay it was because we were willing to accept a BR. The easiest way to get a BR to our advantage was to mass them all to one place trying to catch one of you uncontactable (as well as the rare LET adren rush) - Sounds simple enough to me.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Fairly harsh comments then :p

Well i could sugar coat them and make them all fluffy and pretty but then that would take away from the essence of my point.

If you read carefully i commended you for your determination, dedication and activity, just not your tactics ;)

One thought i had was why would you keep realing the same people over and over and over and over and over again? Admittedly many of us were contactable, but so was martin, and despite his best efforts to get us to let him die, we weren't going to :D My first plan would have been to send several times on the same targets and establish a pattern which the targets would understand, then make it seem like you were doing the exact same thing, but then switch it up and lay down some assraping due to surprise. Predictability makes your targets complacent, cocky and contemptuous, which are all the seeds laid for some serious pwnage due to tactical trickery. ;) Just the repetitive, exactly same attacking style over and over again was just silly, you couldn't break us (RaRR) with repeat attacks, we were contactable enough to wake up, send, go back to sleep, wake up and recall, while you guys were simply not going to outlast us. As for ReRR, continuous sending was a much more feasible option, but that resistance is totally different to the RaRR one, since we were heavily outnumbered and considerably less contactable than previously :)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I had very little to do with the first resistance against RaRR so I can't really comment on that. As for the resistance against ReRR I can say with near certainty that we didn't keep hitting the same target again and again (Although the other planners did quite like to send at FB, something about biggest SQ ever from the RaRR members that got left behind, and would stop logging on if he lost rank 1).

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I had very little to do with the first resistance against RaRR so I can't really comment on that. As for the resistance against ReRR I can say with near certainty that we didn't keep hitting the same target again and again (Although the other planners did quite like to send at FB, something about biggest SQ ever from the RaRR members that got left behind, and would stop logging on if he lost rank 1).

You hit 3, maybe 4 targets repeatedly as I recall. Not a whole lot of variation out of a maximum 20 targets. Maybe even one or two more but on the whole i remember thinking 'these guys again?'

The first resistance was truly appalling, the second one mildly less so. :p

And that is bollocks about FB.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Oh - I was never the one to say anything about FB. I don't know the guy minus his (very) brief stint in Enmity this round. Quite a few RaRR members seemed to believe it though o_O

Martin,Lukey,CB,Alci,Polo,FB,Bubbles were the general targets - So a bit more than 4. The point was to force a head on battle (That we could win) by catching one of you uncontactable or lazy at night...But that had to be someone big since you could possibly be willing to let a smaller player die if the odds looked grim.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
as for us handling the pressure, we fought off pretty much everything, even ails attempts for a week, until martin jumped on the bandwagon.

That's bollocks. We had killed off a load of you before Martin joined in.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
no you didnt, you killed the odd 1 or 2 but with our land and seeds that meant nothing :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The odd one or two...or four, five and six. Look at the thread in the politics section and see how many we killed before Martin joined in. Also, look at the damage we've done to you compared with the damage RRR have done to you.

You can try and twist it however you want, but the facts are there for all to see.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
lol. the attacking damage stats we can't fudge.

as far as aili being broken, i'm sorry silence but all your planning was for naught.

1) i knew if we attacked hobbs we were open to retal

2) i didn't even try to fake defend anyone

3) just wanted to be out of your range.

so you did good with RRR and breaking ReRR, but all your genius was wasted on us.

considering we never dropped far and are back at 3rd... broken is hardly the word I would use for Ailihphilia for any part of the round.

There was just no way I was going to try to fight a prolonged war after losing my 2 biggest members to BS and sleep mode (lol LS :( ).

Had I 20 members when it all went down. You would have seen more fight. As it was, I just wanted to look towards how to end the round.