What is DA?

What is DA?

• Total voters

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Ive noticed conflicting evidence. Some people think DA is female...

I need to be sure!!!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I'm a guy ;)

-

Had this a few times, which is why I prefer the nick "DA" rather than "Dark_Angel" - as a lot of people associate the word "Angel" with females. "Real" angels don't, however, have any gender atall according to most historical sources.

Moved to spam.

Ram

Head Gardener
f0xx said 'da' when he answered the phone to me.
I wondered why ;o

Garrett

Landscape Designer
"Real" angels don't, however, have any gender atall according to most mythological sources.

Fixed. Also could have be written to say ' according to the movie dogma '

To my knowledge, there are actually 0 Historical (not hysterical) references to angels and their gender.

I may be wrong, but even if you count the bible as 'historical' I do not remember it ever addressing angel gender.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I may be wrong, but even if you count the bible as 'historical' I do not remember it ever addressing angel gender.

well, there have certainly been both male and female angels in the Bible

[edit]btw, i made three predictions when i made the poll

1. The most popular choice would be last
2. It would get moved to spam (fair enough, it wasnt totally serious :p)
3. The correct choice would be least chosen (almost, of the two serious choices it came out just ahead)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
actually the bible never said this female angel, this male angel, an angel appeared from the heavens in the form of... (a bucket of water, go wonder twins! ACTIVATE!)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
actually the bible never said this female angel, this male angel, an angel appeared from the heavens in the form of... (a bucket of water, go wonder twins! ACTIVATE!)

Unless of course you examine the actual names of the Angels.

For example the Archangel Michael:

Wiki said:
Michael (Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל‎, Micha'el or Mîkhā'ēl; Greek: Μιχαήλ, Mikhaḗl; Latin: Michael or Míchaël; Arabic: میکائیل‎, Mikā'īl) is an archangel in Jewish, Christian and Islamic tradition. He is viewed as the field commander of the Army of God

Dunno where I was, or am, going with this - Only to say that Angels should not be automatically associated with females :p

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
rofl , DA , you really just don't know when to stop talking do you?

You would have been far better off to have ignored this thread completely.

and yes the WIKI is the all determining will of God, if there is one. Thanks for that astonishing revelation.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It should be noted that in Christianity at least (I am not well enough acquainted with other religions) angels are generally regarded to be asexual.

And in common with many of christianity's prayers being written in the male form (he, his etc) there is a common assumption that Angels, especially when referenced by name or personality, are male. Archangels Gabriel, Michael, Raphael and Uriel are all good examples of that. They are (according to christian doctrine) asexual but have many many male characteristics since Christianity would be extremely unlikely to portray warriors and messengers of God in a female form since that would be counter to the majority of the Christian belief system. If anyone assumes Angels to have any sex at all, it would be male.

DA, perhaps they think you're female because you behave like a little girl? ;)

EDIT:
It is also important which kind of angels you are referring to, since some have 'hybrid' bodies with multiple faces, many wings, many eyes, or different body portions. Most of which you couldn't classify as an animal, let alone a gender type of human being.

First rank of angels:
Seraphim (6 wings and blazing light)
Cherubim: Guardians of heavenly light (They have four faces: one of each a man, an ox, a lion, and an eagle. The ox-face is considered the "true face", as later on in Ezekiel the ox's face is called a cherub's face (Chapter 10). They have four conjoined wings covered with eyes, and they have ox's feet.)
Thrones

I stopped after the first two because i think you're beginning to see the pattern, and i can't really be assed to describe all of them :p

Second rank of Angels:
Dominions
Virtues
Powers

Third Rank of angels:
Principalities
Archangels
Angels

So they are all somewhat different as i was taught/understood it. The ones DA would be referring to are Angels or Archangels, which are generally given a somewhat human form but as mentioned above are asexual.

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
rofl , DA , you really just don't know when to stop talking do you?

You would have been far better off to have ignored this thread completely.

and yes the WIKI is the all determining will of God, if there is one. Thanks for that astonishing revelation.

We're on a forums discussion board - Key word there discuss; why would I need to stop talking :s

The people that matter to me in this community know I'm a guy, and have seen pictures of me, if people want to believe/rumour/fantasize anything different, I couldnt care less tbch :p

As for your remark re: Wiki, I don't know what you're getting at :/

-

Alci said:
DA would be referring to are Angels or Archangels, which are generally given a somewhat human form but as mentioned above are asexual.

Aye, thats what I said in the first place :p

I thought they were asexual to, but that doesnt explain Angels given male names or male form:

Guido_Reni_031.jpg