• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Confirm add ignore

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Agreed.

On the subject of this i'd like a confirmation button when adding someone to ignore (or at least move the button)...I keep putting people on ignore when trying to hit "Spy".

This came from another thread which was initially about making public whether 'Friends only' or 'ignored' was selected. See here: Message - ignoring -list

While we were all for the original suggestion (no one was against it anyway) Pin added this (above), and the vote was unanimous.

I added my PNAP to ignore and was pretty annoyed to find i had.

So can we please have a confirmation message show when we click Ignore? Or move it away from the intelligence options?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
When you click "Ignore" from that page you are taken directly to your ignore list where it shows the added player. How much more confirmation do you want?

The only reason i see this being annoying (when you accidentally add someone) is then you have to 'un add' them, and it takes you away from the intel page. However I cannot believe that you didn't notice you added someone to your ignore when it takes you to a different page and shows you the ignore list.

Not really against a confirmation button but remain a bit baffled by your 'skills'

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Heh. I was just wondering how on earth you could ignore someone without realising...and then went on my ignore list and I have about 5 people on it that I've never even spoken to :p

And Alci - I think it's because you half-click on the ignore button and then properly click on the spy button, so it ignores the ID but you go onto the spy page before the ignore list loads.

john

Harvester
i was just thinking about this problem yesterday. i agree, i do it too much.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This has already been proposed - Last I heard Azzer said a confirm button may be OTT, and that a simple reposition of the Ignore button (away from "Spy") would be more appropriate.

I'm sure this is on his list of things to do :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
And Alci - I think it's because you half-click on the ignore button and then properly click on the spy button, so it ignores the ID but you go onto the spy page before the ignore list loads.

Ah that would make sense. After all toby you're the one who quits mIRC everytime you click on your Tools tab :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Was just about to come on here and voice my agreement but im in the first message! :D

So yeah, moving it would be preferable...but a confirmation button would work equally well. Very annoying as it is now!!!

saint1d

Head Gardener
Having ignore right next to spy has been bugging me for a while so was going to create thread about it, but found this one.

More often than not I keep finding my pnap on my ignore list (not the best tactic :p ), it's just way too easy to do it without realising.

Stick ignore above drive-by and add friend above spy.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
spie,ignore buttons too close?

spie,ignore buttons too close?

i am after the crowd pleaser award, i nagged people all round in DW for it & thought i was about to get it. As at on stage i had 24 friends and 0 ignore lists.

then suddenly last few days ive got on 2 ignore lists. and i have even been trying to not talk to people. I could accept maybe one could be real. just annoying. cos i really wanted to get as many profile awards as possible this round.

I know also when you click some ones ingame name (view thier user profile) and you can driveby/flyover/hax/spie. some people (i have done before) accidently click ignore instead of spie. so my suggestion:

reverse the order of the top row of options (friendslist, ignore, mail, addnote,) so you dont easily accidently ignore some one,and then are too lazy to undo it at the round end (cos u dont care). i say reverse the order because the mistake happens when clicking "spie" as spie and hax are the most common forms of intel imo, flyover occasionally, but driveby. I dont know many people that will driveby, as a good target is good no matter what thier land make up (land is land). thus the amount the accidental ignore will happen is reduced.

maybe they were genuine ignores. i did message some one a smilie face when he attacked me. but i just cant believe they both are, when all round i havent been ignored intentionally. (alternatively crowd pleaser could only consider friends lists on? and remove the ignore list part of the achievement)

nb. yes i know after posting this people will probably think its funny to add me to thier ignore list. no too fussed now, its too late to earn the award.

Last edited:

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Funny thing is i once tryed to scan an id and i noticed that by accident i pressed add ignore. Went to ignore list to remove it and saw i had 2 others there :D

Matthew

BANNED
I purposefully add people high on the friends list thing on ignore because it makes me laugh.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Bump

Still a problem!

I very nearly just ignored my target when attempting to spy him. How are they supposed to mail me abusive loL threats if they're on ignore?!

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
good suggestion rearrange it please, as azzer is in the coding mood seems a good time to strike while the iron's hot

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I could add a confirmation but the distance between the hax0r button and the add ignore link are not much less than the distance between the details and recall links on a mob, really, and certainly further than the distance between any two items in the menu. Not to mention if you do click the ignore link, you get taken to your ignore list page with a list of ID's that are ignored including the one you just ignored.

Maybe I give too much credit to players, but I'd have thought even somebody with spazzy mouse clicking abilities that often clicks the wrong items whenever they're on a computer would at least be vaguely aware of what's on the screen after they click, eg "Wait a minute, this hax0r looks suprisingly like my ignore list, maybe I'd better see if I accidentally ignored them instead of hax0ring them"?

Ezekiel

Harvester
I'd only suggest thinking of people on iPhones and the like Azzer.

I constantly add notes to people instead of hack them.