• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

50% Govt Tax for Shipjumpers + bring back decent solo option

CFalcon

Official Helper
This just feels too much like

a) someone else (leader) controlling your id

b) the game forcing you to choose a particular play style.

You say it's not forcing, but really, a tax in the region of 25-50% *is* forcing. Nobody in their right mind takes that *on top* of the inevitable land rape before AR kicks in. It's like saying "government defence doesn't force you to recall off a solo". But it really does.

The only sensible part of this thread was the ability to bypass tax by announcing you're leaving in an hour or two. Even this I don't like; it's forcing people to play the game in a certain style. That said, it wouldn't be too detrimental. So why not scrap the idea of tax all together and just add a function where you can't leave instantly, but have to wait 6 ticks.

I'd also add that the reason pure solo was removed was to allow more flow between alliances, so that new alliances could spring up mid-round, or people could realistically move back to solo if they didn't like their alliance. And look at how wonderfully dynamic alliance play has been this round, people coming and going, keeping the game alive and taking out the burnout factor. Why exactly do we want to limit this? Allowing mobility and choice is a good thing.

As to the part of the suggestion which has been completely ignored so far:
Bushtarion is very much a rock paper scissors game. In most 1v1 situations one side is clearly going to wtfpwn the other. Now the rock paper scissors set up is what makes alliance play so wonderfully tactical. However, in a pure solo world, I can only imagine all the tactics being completely sucked out. Anyone sending on you *will* destroy you, so only option is to send out. And assuming you're not stupid, you *will* destroy any target you send on.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
Please read my suggetsion :)

okay new direction. im in DW my id is public. so no surprises here. and i know half DW alliance left to join boat, at one point a nap. now hopefully out of mutural respect an unofficial nap, that and half thier mebers were DW and were built up from dw. and thiere allaince was not hit at all during its growth period when weak, by DW the only allaince of the right size at the time to do any damage. now they are bigger than DW. they cud rape DW. But dont. (well a few non ex DW members do, and a few ppl out for personal gain do, id's noted for next round..hoping they go public again so i can get revenge)

my point being. The people that left left because things slightly fell apart when the temporary leader (recon) jumped ship. the cascade effect meant lots of others left.

I stayed because of friends within the allaince. and this round i should earn my A3 (or what ever the profile award is for same allaince 3 times).
SO i consider my self very very loyal. To me its the best quality to have, to me betrayal is a sin. Worse than death. I cant watch brave heart when robert the bruce betrays him. every time. really pisses me off.

The problem is how do you know whos loyal, and just left cos things turned bad. and everyone else was inactive. and who left because they are D*ckheads. Answer.

There can be flags. for people that have ship jumped over X amount of times. when they make there profile. when u look at thier id. or when you hover over. in the tool tip. something public. something showing thier sort of loyalty. a bar movign from red-orange-green. if they left an allaince the bar drops abit. the more allainces they leave in a round the more the bar drops. if they join and leave >6 times. the bar empties. and they get branded Deserter.

now there are several options from here.

1) the bar from the previous round, as well as the bar from the current round will be able to be viewd for any person by clicking them/or tooltip. & the deserter tag, (if attained) will be shown on thier id. if they ever attain this deserter tag then it remains with them for 3-4 rounds. with a reference to which round.

2) If the deserter tag is attained, then the allainces they have left have an increased bounty and injury rate on that person (50% for both imo). and they have a new page for members of an allaince. Deserters (and any one that has left your alliance, and attained deserter can be bounty hunted by every member of your current allaince, and every member of the other allainces they deserted)

3) instead of or in addition to this. any one that deserts (achieves tag) will recieve an increased land loss 15%(capped)20%(uncapped) to the people he deserted on.

Why do this. ONE, public humiliation, let every one know who is unfaithful, who wil jump ship to save them selves at the first sign of trouble, TWO let recruiters know for the next following rounds that a person is untraustworthy. NAME AND SHAME!

Three, let the alliance most affected by the betrayal reap some compensation.

now you may not need to include all of these. and this bar that drops from green to red could start the bounty of instantly. ( i dont advise it) but instead of regular bounty, for each desertion the bar drops. and for each drop there is a gain of 5% bounty and 3%injury (to the allaincemembers deserted) and each time they desert this goes up. (peaking at 50% for 6 or more desertions + tagged) and the same for land loss (1% increase to previous allie members per dissertion) the bar will represent the level it is at. and the page will display all the desertes (like the bounty hunting pages kind of displayed bashers) to all the allies that have had those mebers dessert them.

I could describe my idea more. but it gets more complex. but im not saying to include all of this. but this could be included some of it part of it. (at least the name and shame part, not the bounty if you dont feel its required)

hell you may get more people joining allainces for the increased bounty hunting chance. and may get more ship jumpers just for the thrill of being massed :p just something i think shoud be considered

and obv you dont lose bar if kicked instead of leaving and the limit till you get the deserter tag can be modified as appropriate. (at the very least more people will ask leaders permission to be kicked, not just leave them in the lurch,, give them time to find adaquate replacements)

Last edited:

aGit

Harvester
willym, what you, and some of the other pro-shipjump-taxers fail to take into account, is that its not all black and white. Most of the time there are proper justifications for leaving an alliance, at least proper to the one doing the leaving and in the end, that is all that is needed. he shouldnt have to worry, what others might be thinking about his endeavours or motives.

Like so many other posts, your post gave me the idea that you're trying to impose your moral values to the rest of us.

to me betrayal is a sin. Worse than death.

..to you.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
willym, what you, and some of the other pro-shipjump-taxers fail to take into account, is that its not all black and white. Most of the time there are proper justifications for leaving an alliance, at least proper to the one doing the leaving and in the end, that is all that is needed. he shouldnt have to worry, what others might be thinking about his endeavours or motives.

Like so many other posts, your post gave me the idea that you're trying to impose your moral values to the rest of us.

to me betrayal is a sin. Worse than death.

..to you.

i dont mind. im just saying where i was coming from firstly. and secondly the limit (>6 jumps) can be altered. IS there reallly any need to jump ship more than that many times. go from allie to allie, just for mutural gain. and IM NOT SAYING TAX THEM, im saying NAME AND SHAME. no harm no foul in that part of the post (if you ignore the rest) just let people know recruiters allainces etc who ship jumps all the time, who isnt going to be loyal. whats the problem with that? I dont see how my suggestion affects anyone that ship jumps alot, other than publically showing it and motivating the deserted allaince to go get revenge.

ps. im glad your morals are so low, good for you

aGit

Harvester
the problem with that is that i dont see why we should limit the options a player has in any way or form.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
the problem with that is that i dont see why we should limit the options a player has in any way or form.

That is your opinion on ship jumping. i think this thread has made its points that it doesnt think that and was after ways to prevent it. so to prevent further derailment to this thread

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3021

have your say here!

and leave this thread to critique the shipjumping suggestions, please. Its somethign i would like more input proper constructive input on. a good suggestion topic imo