OldFarts have gone to Bed.

MiLK

Weeder
My 10p...

I joined OF when they were rank 5 if I remember correctly. I joined because it seemed like a decent collection of old school players, generally playing for laughs rather than to win. Having not played Bush for about the past 20 rounds (I used to play back in age3/4) I really had no intention to do particuarly well or finish with a high rank.

That said, OF is made up of some very talented players, so without even particuarly trying we ended up as the rank 1 alliance. In all seriousness, as far as I am concerned that was not our agenda....it just kinda happened. Suddenly I found myself at rank 11. Now I would class myself as a casual player....I log in when I can, I bum around on IRC and have a laugh...but at the end of the day I have too much going on in real life to be a top player. I think a lot of players in OF are like me....they have their real life, and bush is just something to do in spare time...ie it doesnt dominate our lives. THeres also a few more dedicated old school players...but most of them have already finished highly ranked in the past and aren't really bothered what happens this round either.

As far as the decision to go into mass sleep, well, I think a lot of you have really really REALLY over analysed it. In the other thread by Steve_God he talks about how we must have carefully worked out that STN/Enmity will lose 1/3 of their scores if they war blah blah blah. I can assure you it was far less calculated than that. We literally had a thread on politics talking about how we are all going on various holidays over the next couple weeks to sun our wrinkly skin. Someone (I cant even remember who now) threw up the idea of a "mass sleep". Most the rest of us agreed it would be a good idea if half of us were going to be on holiday, and anyway it could turn out to quite funny. There were also a few comments about how it would be fun to see if STN/Enmity had a war in our absence. That said, as far as I'm aware, that was not our reasoning for all hitting sleep...merely a potential outcome.

We decided to do this around 13:00, tried to contact all the players who werent online (a lot of our players are uncontactable, so this was quite a challenge) and did it at 17:00. So there was literally a few hours between deciding to do this and actually doing it. It wasn't something we had been meticulously planning to do, it was very much a spontaneous spur of the moment solution to the problem of having lots of players imminently going on holiday. End of.

I'm off for a week to Exit Festival in Serbia tommorow and I cant wait! BOOM!

Steve_God

Official Helper
In the other thread by Steve_God he talks about how we must have carefully worked out that STN/Enmity will lose 1/3 of their scores if they war blah blah blah.
I didn't say you peeps had worked out how much score they'd potentially loose at all - that was just my VERY rough guestimate :p

But anyway... it's all kinda irrelevant now since Second To None and Enmity are now at War :)

MiLK

Weeder
In the other thread by Steve_God he talks about how we must have carefully worked out that STN/Enmity will lose 1/3 of their scores if they war blah blah blah.
I didn't say you peeps had worked out how much score they'd potentially loose at all - that was just my VERY rough guestimate :p

But anyway... it's all kinda irrelevant now since Second To None and Enmity are now at War :)

Yeah, sorry Steve, that wasnt meant as a personal dig at you at all. I was just trying to stress that we really hadnt put as much thought in as some people seem to think :)

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
I'm waiting for an apology for those of you who called us power blocking.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Enmity and S2N are snapped.
They will use any excuse to remain so.
My advice to all players in there range, take a short holiday in protest.
Hit sleep, put your feet up, shag your girlfriend/boyfriend, enjoy some sun, and send the message to the creator of this game; He must step in, and deal with Twigley and JJ and how there alliances chose to behave these last 2 rounds (if not longer).

Indeed Iamsmart :p

Eat your words you old fart :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Powerblockers looking for an excuse now :p

S2N just killed Enmity coz JJ got locked and deleted.. If that didnt happen you still woulda been a powerblock everyone knows that

jks ;)

Shadow

Harvester
how does, go to hell you frewb sound?

DA read wot was said on that last line, "Twigley and JJ" as i understadn it JJ is locked so recent events have nothing to do with wot OF's was posting about. idiot :p

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
We had the launchtime on Enmity about 30 hours before JJ was locked.
As Silence said in another thread.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
how does, go to hell you frewb sound?

DA read wot was said on that last line, "Twigley and JJ" as i understadn it JJ is locked so recent events have nothing to do with wot OF's was posting about. idiot :p

Shadow, again I'm at a loss as to what you're actually trying to say here. Try typing slower/re-reading what you're saying and your posts may flow a little more coherently.

Scorpio

Head Gardener
You're all just a bunch of f00ls to believe the powerblock-crap, imo

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
You're all just a bunch of f00ls to believe the powerblock-crap, imo

Not really. Last rounds events prove that it isn't impossible or unlikely. And this round Twigley and JJ worked together very closely. I'm not saying that 'ZOMG THEY'RE POWERBLOCKING'; but given recent (pre war) events, it's not at all an unreasonable assumption.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Considering all the crap it caused in the forums and considering the accusations were obviously false, I do think it was quite unfounded.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
As i stated above, there were perfectly good reasons for those suspicions. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it was unfounded ;)

I'm waiting for an apology for those of you who called us power blocking.

Ha. missed this post in the slurry of filth surrounding it. Goodluck dragging an apology out of this bunch of monkeys :p

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
It's called an opinion (Actually a fact now...:))

And yeah Alci - I just thought I'd post it to see if I got anything :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
It's called an opinion (Actually a fact now...:))

And yeah Alci - I just thought I'd post it to see if I got anything :p

yes, it was an opinion based upon fact and observation. Care to try again?

well let me know how it goes, you'll never get one in public, and doubtful about private but we'll see how it goes ;)

Khris

Pruner
Haha... i think we called it a noob block more then anything :p

but I never called it that. I always referred to them as boyfriend and girlfriend. And it looks like one cheated so got broken up with :( Such a shame, they were so cute together :(