I'm mad at myself

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Since I restarted , I have yet to use the term powerblocker. Polo is full of himself and he knows it, any doubt, just read his signature. Also Polo knows that on a personal level he has nothing but love from me. I also know he won't stfu just because i've asked him to, much like i'm ignoring your copycat request.

oh and i've forgotten how much I hate you. You go to ignore =P

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
@ Polo , this thread isn't about you, ReRR, RRR, you, your ego , or you. We don't care, you were so last week. Get over it thanks . Even you don't know the whole story so stfu serially.

As you're on the side calling us powerblockers, clearly you don't know the whole story either. Polo has spoken with more sense than most people in this thread, and as such, I must ask you to stfu or actually add something to the conversation.

I believe I told you earlier to go away?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Also, I don't believe any of the BS that Aili and OF are spreading about not being active enough -- sure, your goal may have been just to have fun, but you're definite contenders and honestly, if you just fold, it would dissapoint me greatly. I still have my money on OF winning the round.

I can't speak for OF, but I can tell you with great certainty that Ailihphilia never had enough activity for a top alliance.

We were aiming for around ranks 5-10 and just having a fun round, but with all the warring between the top 4 at the start of the round we got shunted into a higher rank than our activity warranted. We're all contactable up to a point, but we don't tend to prank people unless they have incoming, and our attitude generally isn't FTW. Most of us have been waiting to get killed off for a good month or so. That's why we attacked STN last time, because we wanted them to at least give us a fight and then we could go down to our deserved rank and have fun. But when Enmity retalled it became clear that a 1 vs 1 wasn't going to happen, so we recalled. We've been stuck between a rock and a hard place all round and it started to get to us.

Matt

Harvester
a Quick question for Hobbe, u ditched Ail for your reasons that you wanted to take down OF with S2N and Emn. So why did you then straight away turn your attention to bashing Ail?

you can say that you had to send but thats not true no1 forced you to send on ail on the players that have been your allies from the start of the round. for people who have defended you and attacked along side you and generally just had some great banter in the ally channel...

blockatiel

Planter
I believe I told you earlier to go away?

Oh sorry master MattM, I didn't realize that I was actually supposed to listen to you. I'll say it again, I don't care. You are insignificant. Go away. You're adding nothing to this thread, so either PM me if you have a problem or stfu. Thank you, and have a good day.

@Toba: I don't really know exactly what happened or where half your score went last night, but I was under the impression from the size of your previous wave on S2N that you guys were pretty active :S It's unfortunate that S2N beat you, I was expecting a pretty even fight. Then again, aside from last night, I haven't really even sent attacks on Aili, so I guess that was just my own ignorance.

Nickk

Harvester
I guess that was just my own ignorance.

that pretty much sums up your post
And in answer to your question pretty much half our score went to S2N and OF due to some jumping ship

lavadog

Head Gardener
Just because he doesn't post much on here MattM, doesn't mean he's an insignificant player in the game.

Post count doesn't equal ingame skill or position.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
I don't doubt his ability to play the game, I doubt his ability to comprehend scenarios beyond how to open a door.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Seriously, MattM and blockatiel, you're both nice intelligent people, put the handbags down.

I'm not quite sure what all this fuss is about. Anyone who didn't see a 2v2 developing when there are 4 alliances of similar score and ability all bouncing around near rank 1, is quite frankly naive. If, as you say, one of those teams doesn't have the commitment/activity to properly challenge, then you can hardly complain when the other teams does have that commitment.

And as has been said, nothing is over yet. If any one of those 4 pulls ahead, why can't there be a resistance? People didn't ***** nearly this much when RRR pulled ahead with a bit of help from Fail, they accepted that's what tends to happen at the top, and got on with dealing with it. The lack of success is a side issue.

EDIT: sorry Alci, I'll rephrase - people didn't whine this much that it's all unfair and a massive conspiracy

And seriously, the P word? Already? Some have said they'll believe it's not a powerblock when Enmity and S2N go to war. I would rather go with innocent until proven guilty. If Enmity and S2N are rank 1 and 2 and don't go to war, then sure throw that word around as much as you want. But until some evidence, seriously, shoosh.

Last edited:

lavadog

Head Gardener
I don't doubt his ability to play the game, I doubt his ability to comprehend scenarios beyond how to open a door.

Still he is allowed to give his view on things here. It'd be better to point out what you don't agree with, and in turn give your views on the situation, instead of instantly telling him to shut up and leave. No matter how dumb you think his opinion is.

Anyways, this is gonna derail off topic again, so I'll include something that actually has to do with this :p

At first I thought it was a crap move by twigs/hobbez (judging from ingame intel only, always check that before you come on here ;P), but seeing that convo with garrett and what hobbez has to say about it, I'm more in the middle now.
It's imo a classic case of "two sides to a story" and both parties are gonna try their hardest to make theirs seem like the "good" side. It happens irl, it happens here (only with more flaming and childish BS).

And keep fighting Garret, I'm sure you'll find the fun back after a couple of BR's ;P

Last edited:

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Any talk of "Powerblocking" is ill-founded tbh.

What TBA did last round was powerblocking. Undeniably Enmity and S2N have worked closely of late - but we've all to remember that this relationship was a result of their status as "Resistance" alliances. They provided a vast amount of troops to this cause and that did help relations between our two alliances. That may well have meant, I'm not sure, that JJ saw fit to turn his attention to OF/Ail, rather than S2N. That isn't powerblocking, that is politics.

The facts here:

Enmity doesn't have a formal sNap of any kind with S2N. (And vice verse)

Enmity does not coordinate mass attacks with S2N.

-

As far as I can tell people appear annoyed that after Ail took some big land/score hits to S2N, Enmity sent in for some easy land/kills this morning.
If you're critical of that you're playing the wrong game.

blockatiel

Planter
Any talk of "Powerblocking" is ill-founded tbh.

What TBA did last round was powerblocking. Undeniably Enmity and S2N have worked closely of late - but we've all to remember that this relationship was a result of their status as "Resistance" alliances. They provided a vast amount of troops to this cause and that did help relations between our two alliances. That may well have meant, I'm not sure, that JJ saw fit to turn his attention to OF/Ail, rather than S2N. That isn't powerblocking, that is politics.

The facts here:

Enmity doesn't have a formal sNap of any kind with S2N. (And vice verse)

Enmity does not coordinate mass attacks with S2N.

-

As far as I can tell people appear annoyed that after Ail took some big land/score hits to S2N, Enmity sent in for some easy land/kills this morning.
If you're critical of that you're playing the wrong game.

JJ didn't "turn his attention" anywhere. OF "turned their attention" on us. And yes, we sent on Aili when they were down. OF did too. It's common practice :p We certainly didn't help S2N beat them.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
That isn't why this thread was made. If you had actually read the original post (which was made last night) you would know this. But instead you blunder in like a retarded clown tripping over your own feet in an attempt to defend your actions.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
That isn't why this thread was made. If you had actually read the original post (which was made last night) you would know this. But instead you blunder in like a retarded clown tripping over your own feet in an attempt to defend your actions.

hmm..

Toby said:
If I ever win a round, I wouldn't want to do it by powerblocking.

Toby said:
So when we get piggied, or when we get retalled on by other alliances, or when we get AR triggerers trying to **** up our attacks, it makes me depressed.

None of those things actually constituting a powerblock, interestingly enough.

If accusations are made, they'll be defended.

Also, make a note of the fact that in my initial post I weren't directly addressing you, rather the large number of people who've replied to this thread inferring that Enmity + S2N are a powerblock.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Congratulations. You have succeeded in finding the quote button, but you still haven't read my post in full.

I will make a proper response when you read my post thoroughly and actually understand it, rather than just quoting tiny bits of it without comprehending the whole.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
And as has been said, nothing is over yet. If any one of those 4 pulls ahead, why can't there be a resistance? People didn't ***** nearly this much when RRR pulled ahead with a bit of help from Fail, they accepted that's what tends to happen at the top, and got on with dealing with it. The lack of success is a side issue.

Are you kidding?! There were pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of stupid arguing about that whole time. it was absurd.

Melnibone

Head Gardener

hmm..

Toby said:
If I ever win a round, I wouldn't want to do it by powerblocking.

Toby said:
So when we get piggied, or when we get retalled on by other alliances, or when we get AR triggerers trying to **** up our attacks, it makes me depressed.

None of those things actually constituting a powerblock, interestingly enough.

If accusations are made, they'll be defended.

Also, make a note of the fact that in my initial post I weren't directly addressing you, rather the large number of people who've replied to this thread inferring that Enmity + S2N are a powerblock.

Powerblock is now a stupidly overused word on these forums a better definition is a basic ANAP. Almost any alliance im aware of that attacked either S2N or Enmity was within 2-3 ticks retalled by the other. As this is not in breach of the EULA definition of powerblocking it therefore isnt one and its not against the rules or even the 'spirit' of the game i believe but its still not 2 alliances acting independently and its bloody annoying when its happening to you.

Anyone debating the comments ive made above has either not attacked said alliances (as an alliance and not just 2-3 random mobs) or is spinning propaganda again not only allowable but necessary to succeed at the top

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
Powerblock is now a stupidly overused word on these forums a better definition is a basic ANAP. Almost any alliance im aware of that attacked either S2N or Enmity was within 2-3 ticks retalled by the other. As this is not in breach of the EULA definition of powerblocking it therefore isnt one and its not against the rules or even the 'spirit' of the game i believe but its still not 2 alliances acting independently and its bloody annoying when its happening to you.

I believe at this point it is quite against the spirit of the game, especially considering which 2 allies it is.. again.

Anyone who disagrees with me is lying to play at the top, OH btw, my ally is at the top

ahahahahahah :popcorn: