Scum of the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukey

Harvester
Ahead you really are a **** aint ya? I got pranked like 14 times in 40 mins as if im gonna stay asleep and not log on? your actually a retard "Lukey didn't have to login" Actual Noob. lol

Garrett

Landscape Designer
~I'm going in circles~

I didn't say anything about Lukey. I was talking about you and your particular scenarios. The first of which was stating that people knew you had RL stuff going on.

Then I talked in broad general terms categorizing the differences of having someone you know call you because that's what was agreed and someone else having your phone # and them disturbing you whenever they please.

If you would like to follow along in the conversation you started, then I'd be happy to converse with you.

If you want to rebuttal by talking about different people and specifics, then there isn't much further to go with this.

I can explain to you the differences in your new post, but I fear that you'll change the convo again. (like, incomming is incomming, period. it's IN GAME. don't be dense. just because it was from some of your former members, doesn't matter. it was kept in game. if you have to skip bush for an exam... you'd skip bush for the exam. whether your own guys hit you or the resistance won. )

PM me when you want to have a rational, linear conversation.

Last edited:

Ahead

Head Gardener
Ahead you really are a **** aint ya? I got pranked like 14 times in 40 mins as if im gonna stay asleep and not log on? your actually a retard "Lukey didn't have to login" Actual Noob. lol

That was in reply to Alci's claim that I didn't have to log on. Therefore you have proved me right thanks.

Also one other issue I would like to address, did somebody in RRR provide you with my number? Cos if they did that's a lockable offence seeing as marvin got locked for that. It seemed like you were on the brink of telling me after insulting me in PM on IRC but unfortunately it seems as though your IRC died :(

IRC said:
[01:25:01] <LukeyHiding> are you a retard?
[01:25:03] <LukeyHiding> Lukey didn't have to come online when he was pranked. He moaned about it, I did not moan about mine until I was forced to by other people moaning. Therefore if he doesn't need to be contactable or come online when pranked there isn't even an issue here?
[01:25:08] <LukeyHiding> if you get pranked you come on
[01:25:17] <LukeyHiding> your actually dummer than i thought
[01:25:19] <LukeyHiding> honestly
[01:25:20] <LukeyHiding> idiot

^ proving my point about coming online correct vs Alci.

IRC said:
[01:28:00] <LukeyHiding> well i got pranked about a million times
[01:28:04] <Ahead> by me?
[01:28:04] <LukeyHiding> in 40 - hour
[01:28:06] <Ahead> oh yeh!
[01:28:11] <Ahead> 5-10 times by me!
[01:28:26] <Ahead> thats weird..
[01:28:31] <Ahead> why dont i remember that?
[01:28:32] <LukeyHiding> 01344 the most tbh
[01:28:36] <Ahead> why doesnt it show up on my call logs?
[01:28:43] <Ahead> thats not even my area's dialling code :p
[01:29:09] <Ahead> but yeh..
[01:29:14] <Ahead> pasting my number to xxx..
[01:29:19] <Ahead> and asking if it was mine
[01:29:23] <Ahead> how did you get my number?
[01:29:30] <Ahead> did somebody from RebelRR give it to you?
[01:29:54] <Ahead> ?
[01:29:54] No such nick

Such a shame your IRC disconnected, what an awful coincidence seeing as you were just about to get a member of your alliance locked :(

(Also sketchy details: "about a milliont times" -> sketchy details + lies about me pranking = it's all lies apart from the one prank? :eek:)

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
totally agree, ingame stuff leaked, yeah its gay but it happens

personel contact details leaked is not a funny matter what so ever and the people doing this should be ashamed

Lordie

Planter
I stick with my original statement - this should have been kept between the recipients, the accused and Azzer. Innocent til proven guilty, as Martin said, is indeed the case here.

Until the true offenders are caught, I would stop judging people and making unjustified assumptions. People's images don't deserve to be tarnished unless there is substantial evidence showing their misbehaviour!

Just my thoughts.

Lordie.

CFalcon

Official Helper
I don't mean to defend pranking to annoy in any way here, and before anyone even thinks it I'm not part of any major group this round any more, but I do feel that a little perspective is required here, law or no, Azzer or no, EULA or no. Spirit of the law people!

Honestly, if while drunk or even in a moment of stupidity I had been talked into pranking people to annoy them, and I was then perma-banned from the game, I would feel pretty hard done by, and I'm fairly sure most other people would too. There needs to be a distinction here between repeatedly pranking to harass over a period of days and weeks, compared to what I'm fairly sure is a few isolated cases here. If I'm wrong and this has been happening frequently over many days then of course I think we are in the realm of perma-banning.

But from what I know of the situation, we're not far off from the effects that repeated rushes would achieve, and it would be a brave soul who complained that rushes were ruining their real life and should be ban-able.

Again, I'm not defending such actions, I'm just saying that a little perspective is maybe required. To think that someone deserves to be permanently banned from the game because they got hold of information you gave freely out over the internet, and misused it in un-defendable, but none the less few instances, is really quite draconian.

We don't allow stealing in our society, but we recognise a difference between stealing and murder.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
CF - The problem is that IF continual pranking is still happening - The correct people weren't locked for it. Only one of the four people locked actually did any pranking - And he was drunk as **** and admitted it. The others didn't. If it's still happening, then whoever is doing it didn't receive the punishment.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Whoever had these great ideas to prank people without their consent should be permanently banned. You have stepped over the line. You have put the game above any moral standards you might have once had.

You are absolute garbage. Play for fun, not to torment people.

If you punch someone while drunk and are charged with Assault you are still guilty of what you did.

That's all I have to say.

Charles007

Weeder
But in the same token... if u kill people, or are affliated with these terrorist cells... should u be afforded Justice? :(

Sir Drumalot

Harvester
For some reason some of these people obviously follow you Ahead, they must have been mislead or dropped on their head. Either way you may not have actually pranked, but you certainly didnt stop it; infact the log shows you encouraging it. Behaviour like this is unacceptable and these impressionable noobs took your words and made them reality. Personally I think thats just as bad.

Also stop trying to pass the buck, take responsibility for your actions you child. You even tried making a case that what we did in-game disrupted your life, are you actually trying to compare that to this? Your half a brain cell must be working over time.

Anyone involved should be made example of, its easy to back up now and say it was all a joke, but obviously some douche bags out there thought you and your friends were serious. A day ban is unacceptable, its not a punishment, its a break. You get all your seeds from the 24hrs and you dont have to worry about inc. People will want day bans, its better than ****ing sleep mode.

Let the flames begin :)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
CF - The problem is that IF continual pranking is still happening - The correct people weren't locked for it. Only one of the four people locked actually did any pranking - And he was drunk as **** and admitted it. The others didn't. If it's still happening, then whoever is doing it didn't receive the punishment.

Because it's impossible to use a phone when you have a locked account...

Jesus.

Rowan

Harvester
I think this is awesome.

I didn't do it, but if I'd known it'd be this kind of shitstorm I'd have considered it.

Notice I haven't been locked, gasp, and no one has been able to show me posting any info..?

Ahhh well, some of the guys in ReRR are awesome (I'm looking at you Cheese) and some are ****s.. Didn't deserve to be woken up in the night for bullshit, but on the other hand I have absolutely no sympathy since they just assumed I was spying without so much as a PM asking about it.

I laughed so hard at Twigley's pic in the other thread though.
AND ALSO THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I think this is awesome.

I didn't do it, but if I'd known it'd be this kind of shitstorm I'd have considered it.

Notice I haven't been locked, gasp, and no one has been able to show me posting any info..?

Ahhh well, some of the guys in ReRR are awesome (I'm looking at you Cheese) and some are ****s.. Didn't deserve to be woken up in the night for bullshit, but on the other hand I have absolutely no sympathy since they just assumed I was spying without so much as a PM asking about it.

Playing someone else's account is against the rules. You should have been the first one locked.

Ahead

Head Gardener
I think this is awesome.

Playing someone else's account is against the rules. You should have been the first one locked.

Well if he's gonna be locked for using somebody else's name for his in-game name, then cb should be too for using Lafin :p Works both ways f0xxy! He didn't even spy on RebelRR as far as I know and if he did then god knows why none of the information was shared with the rest of the resistance or used; it's just another thing they've got all wrong.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
Whoa. Some people really loosing the plot here. have you all forgotten it is a GAME!?

Seriously. Oh and whilst i can understand 1 drunken prank, repeatedly doing it is a real dick thing to do.

Bahnsen

Planter
Wow people in this game are sad...note the word game!

Both sides are equal sad and by the looks of things need to get away from the game and discover life.

From one side, as soon as you give out your number you are asking for issues if **** goes down...aka the actions you pulled.

Having said that, I am on the side of things where I was on holidays and thus raped down to 219 acres from 27k...I jumped on to have a squiz at what was going on and saw the rapeage, had a quick looksie at the forum, got the general gist, had a laugh, and went back to whatever it is I was doing at the time. The people that made the calls during the night took it too far by making the fake calls...

If you guys did manage to get someone into the rank 1 RRR, then thats awesome and you should have abused the f**k outta that advantage!

In conlcusion I point to statement 1 and leave with the following advice:

Vitamin D...Discover it

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think this thread has run it's course. It's now a mix of sensible people trying to calm others down and put things in to perspective, and slightly over-zealous people that feel the world has come to an end.

There's still some investigation ongoing in to whether anyone else needs dealing with. Those that got temporary locks were all involved directly in some way in the whole messy affair - either caught passing numbers around, or admitting to pranking, etc. - nobody locked was somebody that had nothing to do with it.

If anyone is being harassed on their phone and it's by a number you don't recognise or a withheld number, I am not the authority to deal with that - I don't know every player's phone-number to identify a player from their phone-number, I don't have the capacity to tell you what number is phoning you when it's a with-held number, and I can't go to somebody's house and arrest them for pranking your phone once. Such issues are for you and your phone-network to deal with. What I can deal with is players utilising the Bushtarion mediums to encourage, aid, or commit illegal or immoral acts etc. - and I will deal with people in a way in which I deem appropriate to the situation, the circumstances surrounding it, and how that person approached (or didn't approach) me and whether they seem sorry about it etc. etc.

I don't want to see public accusations between groups of players here on the forums - this isn't a school playground, most of you are adults and should be able to deal with the general day to day of life in a world not full of friendly fluffy monks in a practical and appropriate manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.