• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Hot linked ingame nicks on Intel reports

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I would greatly appreciate the hotlinking of ingame nicks/IDs at the top of flyovers/drivebys/hacks/spies to be 'hotlinked' like the rest of the IDs/Ingame nicks in the game so it takes you directly back to the page where you can mail them/do player notes/msg them/do other intel.

Mostly so when i hack someone by ID, i can then click on their Nick and see if they're public, or msg them, or add a player note, without having to go find them in search, or something. Does this make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?

Spy report on THIS PLAYER HERE [xxxx] successful:

You would be able to click on THIS PLAYER HERE part and have it go to that oh-so-useful page with all the intel options and stuff.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Yeah, that would be helpfull, though it most often is a case of a backspace or two to get to the list

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Yeah, that would be helpfull, though it most often is a case of a backspace or two to get to the list

That works to get the list, but only if you started with the list in the first place. If you go straight to intel and type in XXXX to hack you can't just BACK button it to the list, since you never had it in the first place. What i want is the ability to go straight from a pure intel hack to the list without having to search their ID elsewhere.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Ive posted in the other thread but if this cant be done game-side maybe it could be a new feature of the NBS add-on.

Im assuming it would be possible as there are "hot links" on the intel page for the spy parser, although the actual hacked/spies ID is an ingame thing so im not sure...Polo would have to answer that one :)

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Oh yeah, i was actually thinking a while ago it's anoying when you press on an id and go hack then you press back and fly over then back and spy .. better to have the options on the new intel pages too.
Thumbs up.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Agreed. Might code it if Azzer cba and I can. :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I would greatly appreciate the hotlinking of ingame nicks/IDs at the top of flyovers/drivebys/hacks/spies to be 'hotlinked' like the rest of the IDs/Ingame nicks in the game so it takes you directly back to the page where you can mail them/do player notes/msg them/do other intel.

Mostly so when i hack someone by ID, i can then click on their Nick and see if they're public, or msg them, or add a player note, without having to go find them in search, or something. Does this make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?

You would be able to click on THIS PLAYER HERE part and have it go to that oh-so-useful page with all the intel options and stuff.

I SUPPORT THIS :D

And it would be good if it was possible on the MILITARY page as well, for same reasons.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I SUPPORT THIS :D

And it would be good if it was possible on the MILITARY page as well, for same reasons.

Aye. basically any place with an ID, i'd like it to be hotlinked. For ease and consistency reasons really.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You guys are crazy, it's always been this way. I didn't just change it. Nuh-the-smeg-uh.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
lol, sly azzman!

Also, woop! Ive already used this twice this morning and ive only been up 10 mins so *thumbs up* from me! :D

Davs

Garden Designer
You guys are crazy, it's always been this way. I didn't just change it. Nuh-the-smeg-uh.

I think that's the point - it HASN'T been changed and a lot of people feel it should be :)
I'm 100% with Alci on this one