• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Player Notes

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Okay, you got the option to put a note to an ingame ID..

Go to Messages; Friend list; add a friend with a note.

Now this note system works as long your on this tab, but as soon you go to world view and search for the ID, the note wont be displayed.
So my request is.
When i hover my mouse over someone, i want to see the note i placed on the friend list section.

Could this be solved?

Same as, ignorelist.

It does work for the "add note" to a palyer ID.

I hope you all get what i mean :)
-BigBoss

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ignore lists and friend lists are really just for two purposes;

* A convenient and quick way to add a list of people who you mail frequently.
* A way to block messages from people who are bothering you.

Whereas the player journal/notes list is specifically for tooltips - "notes" being generic and can cover friends, enemies, useful hints, intel (eg the route or ally of a player). These are what appear on tooltips throughout the game, not the friend/ignore list stuff.

It's not ideal "Integration wise", but atm they serve different purposes/jobs.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
I understand that.

But what im trying to say is as follows.
I got 15 people in my friends list, now ofcourse i cant remember all those ID's when im looking for a nice juicy target.
So i pick a random ID, attack him, and when im ATF1 i realise he's one of my mates outside there in the big evil world.

Now ofcourse there is nothing wrong with killing your mates for your own good, but you can imagine your mate being pissed at you when he realises he got killed by a mate.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
-BigBoss

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
i think you mean you want to put notes on the ID so that when you hover your mouse over it, it tells you who they are, if that is the case, go to journal and then the notes option there. i think that's what you're looking for.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
i think you mean you want to put notes on the ID so that when you hover your mouse over it, it tells you who they are, if that is the case, go to journal and then the notes option there. i think that's what you're looking for.

Whereas the player journal/notes list is specifically for tooltips - "notes" being generic and can cover friends, enemies, useful hints, intel (eg the route or ally of a player). These are what appear on tooltips throughout the game, not the friend/ignore list stuff.

Azzer told this already.
But the thing is, if i add a note to someone on my friends list this isnt displayed.
Now i can add this to ID note, but this is double the work.

And as im an IT guy, im a lazy bum, and not willing to do 2 things to achieve 1.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Azzer told this already.
But the thing is, if i add a note to someone on my friends list this isnt displayed.
Now i can add this to ID note, but this is double the work.

And as im an IT guy, im a lazy bum, and not willing to do 2 things to achieve 1.

Then just add it to player notes like the rest of us do....

Garrett

Landscape Designer

sorry to be off topic, but this is so getting printed and posted on all the IT peoples desks at work :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Alci, read Garret qoute..

why do 2 things when it should be done with just 1?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Alci, read Garret qoute..

why do 2 things when it should be done with just 1?

I meant just add it to player notes initially so you don't have to do two things. Like add to the ID you want "Alci: PA Sexeh beast" or w/e you want to write. makes things much more simple imo than writing it twice. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't necessarily disagree with your frustration or your laziness (god knows i'm a lazy bugger too and i'm not even in IT ;)) but I do think that *since* you have the mechanics in place to have tooltips show your typing for Player Notes, it might behoove you to use player notes instead of institute a new setup for Friends list. Call me crazy but it makes sense to me.