Irc - bush

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
No he is quoting partitially. It is same as putting word to others mouth. I can easily quote any kind of BS you have written on forums.
I can pretty much make you say anything and then say you said it here and there and you said "I" in this thread and "am" in that and "idiot" in third.

Thats called putting words to others mouth.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
So you're now saying you weren't talking *to* Twigley when replying to his initial post? Who were you talking to?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
BW your inane ranting has led to you, indirectly, calling many people idiots. This hostility just isn't necessary. People are capable of making their points calmly, discreetly and without overt hostility or calling people 'idiots' if they can't do some things or talking down at them because they aren't as clever as you. i'm guilty of behaving that way to be sure, but at least i can recognize when i'm behaving like a prat.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
So you're now saying you weren't talking *to* Twigley when replying to his initial post? Who were you talking to?
I was talking over all. Like I always do. I have no reason to get hostile with someone unless they really beg for it, like you do by trying to put words to my mouth.

If you read whole thing:
"IRC is internet relay chat which is multi platform. mIRC is one software to use IRC it is not only software, has never been and never will. For example theres no mIRC to Linux. Theres no mIRC to mobiles.

Yet both Linux and mobiles can connect to irc very easily. Get a life. Use the freaking google and if you cant even search 'mirc torrent' well your just idiot."

Clearly tells for you to use google and if you cant even search for mirc torrent you must be idiot... which clearly tells him to search for mirc torrent. (thus rendering him not idiot...) or use google any other way where word EVEN renders him not idiot. I have not called Twigley idiot. If you really read what I wrote it very simply says that if you cant use google your idiot. Well as I am pretty sure everyone reading it can use google as such they are not idiots.

Only by trying to twist what I wrote and thus trying to put words to my mouth you can make my wording to say something like Twigley is idiot. Which hes not. Doesnt still change fact that this thread is stupid and in wrong place and Twigley shouldnt have made it in first place.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
The lack of the second person personal pronoun is irrelevant BW, when you reply to someone's post and include the words "idiot" and "get a life", the assumption is you're not talking generally, but are addressing the individual who created the thread.

Example, just for you.

If someone creates a help thread asking how to download mIRC, you don't respond saying "Here's the link. Use the freaking google. Get a life. If you can't search well your just an idiot."

As a result of your response to Twigley's thread, a number of people replied questioning the motivation for your hostility. Not one person, misunderstanding you, but 4-5 people. THAT *should* tell you something..

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Example you gave is completely false to this current matter. If your example would be: "Use the freaking google. If you can't search well your just an idiot."

it would be closer the truth and I would respond to someone exactly like that who asks first and goes to google 2nd. If your not ready to do anything yourself before you post, you dont deserve to get straight answer.

It is only way to make sure this same person next time he has troubles tries to search first and then makes his post which makes sure we are not answering here 24/7 to stupid posts.

If you cant read what I wrote among those 4-5 others then I suggest you go back to what ever school they teach you to read in England.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If your not ready to do anything yourself before you post, you dont deserve to get straight answer.

Some people, myself included, don't mind responding to people who forget/neglect to Google for every issue they come across. If you don't want to, don't, that person doesn't want to be told to Go Google, or to be referred to directly or indirectly as an idiot, they want help from a supposedly friendly community. BW if you've anything further please PM me.

Back on Topic, well remembered, Alci :p

I believe this issue will be confined to v6.35 - Users of earlier versions (versions without the shiny new icons) should be immune from said expiration dismay.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
this thread has gone way off tangent. Can someone please split off this cat fight to a different section, maybe Gripes?

The rest of us would like to continue to know more about this issue rather than 4 pages of ridiculous semantic arguing.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
No they want to be midnless zombies who do what others told them to do. They dont want to use their brains even for most minor issues they have with computers and their life.

This way I am using is very normal way to response to these situations all over internet for damn good reason. You dont go to ask for full code on forums when your coding. You go to ask help, but you must give code in return to what to help with.

No one is going to do the work for you. they guide and pat you to right direction and same time make sure you find the way yourself. That is what your parents do to you when you grow up. They tell you that oven is hot, but they dont watch you 24/7 that you dont burn yourself, cause they know that sooner or later you will find it out by the harsh way yourself.

Your teachers dont read for you when your trying to learn to read. They give you letters and tell what each letter means. You must learn to read yourself. It is called life and learning.

Same way if you ask questions that have very easy answer. For example in this case where can I dl mirc... putting mirc to google gives you right answer as first.

searching for irc software gives you http://www.wyldryde.org/software/
as 2nd answer right after mirc. Took me whole 30 seconds to try these both out.

And one last thing DA... dont you try to use your mod powers to stop this conversation to what you have to say as last. I made very valid post after which I was "attacked" by you and few others. Ending it with stuff like "I think your wrong" "If you have more to say you can PM me" shows exactly how much you bealieve to your own stuff.

Only those who are losing needs to try to end discussion to their own post. I have never been and never will be afraid to continue. If I think something doesnt matter I just quit writing. So how bout you just quit writing your stuff and show us that you dont care. Instead of trying to turn this to "I have last word, PM me in future" stuff.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

30 seconds to find an appropriate, polite and easy answer. And what, ~5 hours to argue meaningless points because of your original unreasonable anger and hostility?

Am i the only one who sees the contradiction here?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
No they want to be midnless zombies who do what others told them to do. They dont want to use their brains even for most minor issues they have with computers and their life.

This way I am using is very normal way to response to these situations all over internet for damn good reason. You dont go to ask for full code on forums when your coding. You go to ask help, but you must give code in return to what to help with.

No one is going to do the work for you. they guide and pat you to right direction and same time make sure you find the way yourself. That is what your parents do to you when you grow up. They tell you that oven is hot, but they dont watch you 24/7 that you dont burn yourself, cause they know that sooner or later you will find it out by the harsh way yourself.

Your teachers dont read for you when your trying to learn to read. They give you letters and tell what each letter means. You must learn to read yourself. It is called life and learning.

Same way if you ask questions that have very easy answer. For example in this case where can I dl mirc... putting mirc to google gives you right answer as first.

Then by all means BlackWolf, go make a gripes thread that may or may not be taken seriously. But like it or not that stance, the one you've just described, is not welcome in the majority of cases on these forums. Its unfriendly, hostile, and particularly unhelpful for people who have a genuine problem they want to discuss.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
I have nothing to gripe. You seem to be the one who is griping about me.

This thread was close down matherial from beginning and if not before at that point where lavadog posted list of irc clients. From that point on it has been about you not liking how I write and how I have done this and that and wrote this and that.

Latest been this threat from mods not to post in this thread again.

If I am breaking rules, you are free to punish me as rules states, if you dont like my posts you can always delete those. But dont you come to threaten me where I can and cant post. I have same rights as every person on these forums to post and make threads like we want. Trying to shut me up by threatening me wont ever happen.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Can someone lock this thread and prolly delete every post in it apart from my first one and alcis response saying it happened to others.

Cheers.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This happening to anyone else or just me?

I've had it two days ago, was puzzled aswell, but when I came back from work in the evening it worked fine, 'exit' changed back to 'continue'... Maybe it's time related, or rebooting the pc worked. Anyways, it works fine now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've never seen that before Twig. In fact I remember once when my PC clock got pretty screwed up, and MIRC was running fine but reporting I was now about 480 days in to my trial - still worked fine, just took a while to be able to click "continue". I wonder if they've changed this in recent versions to try and force people to buy it, now...

Spiky Spoon

Head Gardener
This happening to anyone else or just me?

it happened to me too Twigs, and mine was at 652 days (i think) in the end i just registered it, coz i couldn't be arsed looking around for anything else and i hate mibbit. =|

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
It does it based on some random number at beginning of all starts or something. Just close and reopen your mirc few times and it goes away. 1180 days to that trial.

Doesnt change fact that its illegal tho... but thats up to you. Took me some 20 openings to get it and 1 reopen to get it to go away (after I first spent 20 mins finding old unregistered version out of my comp).