[Admin Locked] - Timeframe deletion

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
There are a number of locked IDs from Rats Eater, and I believe it's nearly a week since they were locked (multis or something)

Just wondered how long before these IDs are deleted from the system? Right now their ally still sit in a portal position (top 15) and that is a bit unfair for the 16th ranked ally if they are not removed before rounds end.

Is there a set timeframe from when an ID is admin locked and to when it is purged from the lists, or is this done manually?

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
They'll be removed before rounds end. It's generally a week, but it could be slightly longer depending on circumstances.

Last edited:

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
They'll be removed before rounds end :roll: It's generally a week, but it could be slightly longer depending on circumstances.

There's no need for the stupid smiley. Last round the same people were locked and they weren't deleted before the end of the round, so it was a fair question.

Just look at the final rankings for last round:

9 Evolution [Locked] 20 38,654 71,741,983,427

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Oh woops, didn't know I'd put that smiley in there :-/ Must've clicked it by accident, sorry!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Oh dear...i never noticed that. I think they should be deleted from the portal (or rather, put where they would have been if all the locked players were deleted)

I know the portal doesnt mean much but it just doesnt really seem fair that a team that might have been hoping for a top 10 finish didnt get it cos of these guys...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Oh dear...i never noticed that. I think they should be deleted from the portal (or rather, put where they would have been if all the locked players were deleted)

I know the portal doesnt mean much but it just doesnt really seem fair that a team that might have been hoping for a top 10 finish didnt get it cos of these guys...

I think being deleted entirely would be suitable. They cheated mercilessly and relentlessly all round and should not have been allowed to play, let alone finish and the rank 9 ally spot at that. It just encourages cheating since there were obviously hardly any side effects to it. DOWN WITH CHEATERS!

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Alci, the fact that their names all have been put as [locked] does mean something, but yeah, they should be purged from all lists.

Changer

Head Gardener
Alci, the fact that their names all have been put as [locked] does mean something, but yeah, they should be purged from all lists.

I think thats just the account name of the leader. It isnt actually a mark against them.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I think thats just the account name of the leader. It isnt actually a mark against them.

Nah, I think it means that the alliance leader's account has been locked. I doubt there's actually a user called [Locked].

Changer

Head Gardener
Hmmmm there doesn't appear to be anymore. But i'm sure there was at some point. I remember clicking the link from the portal to it and the description (just remember there was something about being branded a cheater and not what was actually written).

But since the account appears to have been deleted, I have no proof of this, I may in fact be wrong.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

This. The locked accounts were removed before the round end. No locked accounts made it in to the portal. The account leader ("INFi") set his nickname to "[Locked]" temporarily as a "protest" because he, for some bizarre twisted reason, believed his members were locked unfairly. His account was deleted at the end of May.

As for the current locks, I've left them in for an extended period because the group of players in question, from Thailand, simply sign up so regularly and fairly often repeat their actions that it's convenient for me to have the accounts remain in existance for the round, for quick comparisons with other newly signed up accounts from Thailand.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
OK, then I understand more.

Might I suggest, perhaps in the future as they now are locked, that when you of a similar reason do not want to purge a locked ID, just kill it with monstrosities/government landstealers? That would reduce them to nought and for all intents and purposes (ranking wise anyway) achieve the same.

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
OK, then I understand more.

Might I suggest, perhaps in the future as they now are locked, that when you of a similar reason do not want to purge a locked ID, just kill it with monstrosities/government landstealers? That would reduce them to nought and for all intents and purposes (ranking wise anyway) achieve the same.

Enrico please for the love of bushtarion will you think before you post.
Your suggestion there is so stupid it's not even worth explaining why.

But I will give you a situation:

Cheater 1 gets caught gets brought back down to 0
Cheater 1 buys game cash
Cheater 1 buys x amount of shitty units with his game cash and sends them to Cheater 2 to bribe.

If when cheater 1 got caught he couldn't do this.

You have a brain now please use it

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Cheese? What are you on about.

a) a locked ID can't uy game cash
b) a locked ID cant be targeted or target others

The point was: When locking an ID, also zero it and take away the acres, that way whether it's purged or not makes no difference for the rankings.

Now you understand?

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
There was discussion/suggestion earlier (dont ask how long ago) of if players should be "refunded" somehow of all damage cheaters have done. Majority of players didnt like that idea.

Thats basicly same as unlocking cheaters... Well anyways I think that every cheater should be banned from game for rest of the round... should make it bit less intimidating for people to cheat.

And maybe after like 3 caughts/deletes banned for next round.

StormyWaters

Planter
Cheese? What are you on about.

a) a locked ID can't uy game cash
b) a locked ID cant be targeted or target others

The point was: When locking an ID, also zero it and take away the acres, that way whether it's purged or not makes no difference for the rankings.

Now you understand?

The only problem I can see with this is that If the target was zeroed from a high rank they may receive the "Most Hurting" or "Total Flop".