Old Farts - Bottomfeeding bashers

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Guys no point in replying to Enrico and Hobbe its not about facts or tactics with them they have Gerontophobia.... leave them to their fear and ignorance

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
lol, people moan about 7 players on one tick. Why?

Its not a good tactic? So what. Its easy, and it works. Not everyone can be a tactical genius, or be bothered to put in the effort to attack in waves ect.

On no, they get less land...so why are you complaining?

As so many of you like to put it, it's a war game. It isn't supposed to be fair.

Nah, as I said, I don't care, I just think its a bad strategy if there plan is to get the most acres out of it. It will be slow going if they use 7 people to get 10% off one player.

If it on the other hand it's to kill a big, inactive player to make sure he/she don't interfere later on in an ongoing war, fair enough. But then you risk the player being called online to send out, and 1,5 hour is wasted.

And you are right, it isn't supposed to be fair, but it is supposed to be fun. And I don't think it's that much fun to send together with 4-5-6 others for no BR (or at best a singel tick with carnage if the target don't send out) and then maybe less than 100 acres in return.

I (and I'm only talking for myself, everyone probably have their own opinion on this) enjoy much better to find some player maybe around 65% of me, with a kooky route setup, send on him alone, and then spy to see what shows up in defense, maybe putting out a few fakes, or guessing what the defenders do send, and BOOM more or less wipe him on my own.

But then again, I miss the old Bountyhunt ranking... :D

Old Fart

Planter
PhoenixFires of Pastlives i am sorry i tried to resist, but...meh... i am weak! :(

Right!

Mr Enrico & Mr Hobbes

Your attention please.
I want you to read this very carefully - i will write this only once.

You seem to be under the illusion your opinion actually matters to us. Frankly you both sound like player who've spent too many rounds in lower alliances getting your asses zero'd. You sound like the kinda players that whined to have the attack percentage raised to 30%, the +1 & +2 mods added, insurance, land cap, injury, did you like the L/F system? and i bet you can't wait for the wonderful fairness calculator! Do you recommend Bushtarion Lawn Cuddles to your friends? You sound like the weak players who didn't log on more then a few hours a day and still expect to win.

Unlike you we don't pretend to be nice, we don't expect other players to play other rules while we play another set. I know you think we whined about the resistance hitting bash style, while we were more concerned with eula break and the playerbase not being made aware of the resistance not resisting. We were not the only alliance hit, we've received mails from a number of smaller alliances who were bashed by resistance alliances (maybe not to the extent we experienced - comparsion not complaint) but simply because resistance were SNAPped, and these alliances weren't apart of that agreement.

However neither of you think that is an issue or against any rules. Instead you stride for moral highground on Old Farts attack style choices.

Let's consider the name: Old Fart - we use it as reference to older players.
Read our recruitment adds they are jockular but honest. We have players who've not played since Age 3, and they play exactly how they played then. We have players that have missed rounds and they play how they used to play.

Now unlike Epic Fail who we have no respect for, mainly because of these posts and mails to our HQ. We have the greatest respect for DW and TIR. Actually they will be getting award votes from most of our alliance this round for attitude, defence, recovery and sheer gutsiness (is that a word??). They have done brilliantly, and have carried themselves well.

My suggestion is maybe take a leaflet from there book.

Now a suggestion to Old Farts, leave this thread be it is wasteful of our time and effort. It's time for us to be the bigger alliance and let these guys embarass themselves in front of the playerbase.

Cheerio
An Old Fart

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
PhoenixFires of Pastlives i am sorry i tried to resist, but...meh... i am weak! :(

Right!

Mr Enrico & Mr Hobbes

Your attention please.
I want you to read this very carefully - i will write this only once.

You seem to be under the illusion your opinion actually matters to us. Frankly you both sound like player who've spent too many rounds in lower alliances getting your asses zero'd. You sound like the kinda players that whined to have the attack percentage raised to 30%, the +1 & +2 mods added, insurance, land cap, injury, did you like the L/F system? and i bet you can't wait for the wonderful fairness calculator! Do you recommend Bushtarion Lawn Cuddles to your friends? You sound like the weak players who didn't log on more then a few hours a day and still expect to win.

Unlike you we don't pretend to be nice, we don't expect other players to play other rules while we play another set. I know you think we whined about the resistance hitting bash style, while we were more concerned with eula break and the playerbase not being made aware of the resistance not resisting. We were not the only alliance hit, we've received mails from a number of smaller alliances who were bashed by resistance alliances (maybe not to the extent we experienced - comparsion not complaint) but simply because resistance were SNAPped, and these alliances weren't apart of that agreement.

However neither of you think that is an issue or against any rules. Instead you stride for moral highground on Old Farts attack style choices.

Let's consider the name: Old Fart - we use it as reference to older players.
Read our recruitment adds they are jockular but honest. We have players who've not played since Age 3, and they play exactly how they played then. We have players that have missed rounds and they play how they used to play.

Now unlike Epic Fail who we have no respect for, mainly because of these posts and mails to our HQ. We have the greatest respect for DW and TIR. Actually they will be getting award votes from most of our alliance this round for attitude, defence, recovery and sheer gutsiness (is that a word??). They have done brilliantly, and have carried themselves well.

My suggestion is maybe take a leaflet from there book.

Now a suggestion to Old Farts, leave this thread be it is wasteful of our time and effort. It's time for us to be the bigger alliance and let these guys embarass themselves in front of the playerbase.

Cheerio
An Old Fart

:'D
Just a quick suggestion: If you direct messages to someone, check who you are actually talking to. Not one of your points applies to me. And unlike you, I've actually read the points you made to me.
And unlike you, my points have not been personal (except for one at Melni, for which I hope he accepts that it was made in the heat of the moment, I also have played with him once and remember that he doesn't take such things personally).
You have made it clear what kind of person I'm dealing with, which is why I won't take the time to tell you why each and every point you made in your post doesn't apply to me. I find it sad that some people who I greatly respect, both as persons as as players, have chosen to have such quotes made on their behalf, as I've taken from other posts that you speak on behalf of the entire alliance.

I will, however, take your advice to heart, and stop posting on this thread. I'm sure both you and your players, and Enrico and I will take note of the events here, and move on, thinking perhaps slightly worse of eachother than before (Sorry aGit, I've actually always been a flaming retard).

PS: Just for clarification: My point has always been: Attacking with 4 over 2 ticks on an ally much lower and obviously made for fun and inactivity, or 7 on one tick, is a playstyle I condemn, unless ofcourse you're in a war.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Oh Old Fart, My ID-history is public, so you can see for your self that you are quite right, I have never ended a round in a #1 for value/score alliance. Though I have been in the runner up twice (or 3 times?) But the alliances I play always portals so they are not complete mickey mouse affairs. :D

As for my activity, I play around 9 hours a day most rounds, not exceptional, but a far cry from your estimation. :)

Then for your other assumptions: The eta mod and 30% limit was in place before I started playing, so to its effect I have little ground for comparison. But systems that rewards taking greater risks is a good thing I feel.

As for the L/F system, the idea was good, but the system was horribly flawed. But yes, I welcome the introduction of a fairness calculator if it means the reintroduction of a proper bountyhunting again I am all for it!

Then I must correct you: The Resistance alliances were not sNAPed, not in the way most would define it. The idea was to not waist staff infighting, if there were better targets. That did not mean we never had incoming from other members of the resistance! And we never retaliated on people attacking other alliances, for instance.

And yes, I understood the underlaying message in your recruitment, but that also means that many of your players have not played much since the landcap-system was introduces for instance. One of the main reasons massbash on a singel tick is no longer as rewarding as it once was, and why most alliances choose other methods when the goal is to grab acres as cheaply as possible. :)

I have no belief that you would value other players opinion much, you said as much your self in the introduction thread in politics. But that doesn't mean I won't voice my opinion, also regarding your esteemed alliance, from time to time.

I won't grab at your obvious flamebait about not respecting EF, just quote the immortal Rhett Butler: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

Best of luck with the rest of the round, but remember: It is only a game, so remember to have fun!

All Aboard the Failboat!

Last edited:

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
aGit, this one? ;)

Attachments

• shipmentoffail.jpg
    shipmentoffail.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
I made my thoughts on OF's methods very clear in IRC.
I refuse to back down from my beliefs that an alliance far larger than another should at least try planning an effective and intelligent wave. Something OF hasn't done to TIR.
Before this, I was a firm supporter of OF's fight for survival against the resistance upper tiers, then our alliance leader goes and flies the Res flag and then declares we must all attack OF. It makes no sense.
The Resistance this round are a powerblock of bullies, ironically led by some of the very same people who led the Powerblock alliances last round.
Now neither the Resistance nor Old Farts have my moral backing at all. It might not mean much to you, but that's one of the few people that fought your corner that is no longer doing so.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
The resistance wasnt a powerblock at all.

Basically RRR grew too big, the resistance allies had been fighting amongst themselves for days and had varying levels of troops but not enough to attack RRR successfully at that time (which is shown by the initial hits over a week ago). So what would be the point in attacking each other while waiting to be ready to hit RRR again, it would just cos the resistance more troops and stop them working together. There was no powerblock. Resistance alliances didnt attack together on any targets other than OF (which i wont get into) and didnt retal for each other when attacked.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator
You were / still are incredibly landfat for your score. You took part in the hits on us. Stop crying and accept it as karma.

I don't understand why you think this is so dispicable. It's called getting attacked - and making this thread shows you can't handle it - you deserve to get you raped sensless by any ally worth their salt that has you in their range.

Oh go stroke your e-penis elsewhere. :)

I made this thread because the whole silly discussion was spamming up a completely different thread. (The one about Fail.)

And we can handle it: My gripe is not about being attacked, silly, that's part of the game!
My complain is that OF seems to think they have some noble cause for attacking due to some random member in our ally tagging along for free acres on zeroed targets, rather than be frank and say: "Meh, we want land, and we think you are easy, but just to make sure we dont actually risk anything send 8 people pr ID at a time", and at the same time claim what Enmity/Fail/S2N did was very evil.

THAT my friend is hypocrisy.
:)

I haven't read past this post, and don't plan to. Couldn't agree more. Whilst I didn't think that hitting OF with the resistance was a good idea and didn't join, I think they should, in short, keep their traps shut. I've seen them bashing smaller alliances all round, and I see other alliances ganging up and bashing each other all round, as well as every previous round.

It really irks me every time there is a new gripe in here about getting bashed. The time that the threads amused me dissipated a long time ago. Stop whining.

Podunk

Head Gardener
Then I must correct you: The Resistance alliances were not sNAPed, not in the way most would define it. The idea was to not waist staff infighting, if there were better targets. That did not mean we never had incoming from other members of the resistance! And we never retaliated on people attacking other alliances, for instance.

I would like to point out that the top resistance allies were SNAPed Aili, Enmity, Fail, S2N - I know this since I was not allowed to hit them.
As for the smaller allies I'd venture to guess people monitoring outgoings turned the other cheek when they saw a mob vs a much smaller member of the resistance.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Podunk: I do not know what the big four agreed upon. I have to reply about what I know, and what was not a pure sNAP, which was what OF implied.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
No the important alliances were snapped i assumed you fell under that category but even the resistance thought you were a joke apparently.............

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Oh, you are cute when you are angry silly. ;)

From spy-reports I know the "no sending on each other" was not followed 100% from the top allies either. What it meant was no organized attack. But as we know, that concept is somewhat hazy. :D