Grats to RRR for winning | R31

Tombi

Harvester
BuBbLeS your just fueling the fire and giving RRR a bad name that they don't totally deserve with posts like the ones on this page.

marvin

Tree Surgeon
tbh alex just stop posting. you are a noob. nothing more and nothing less. go play a game like tic tac toe. you may do well or you will be a noob still

all i can say is noob when i see your name. that cant be good can it??

BuBbLeS

Wow.

All I can say is '12y/o child' when I see your name.

This and Bubbles' posts unapproved by DA: off-topic/spammy/personal

Garrett

Landscape Designer
we're semi contactable because we don't want to be absolutely mullered. we're stil for fun, but hopefully through my alliances demonstration this round - you don't have to have activity to do well, you just need to have FUN.

We're having fun by not being a defensive alliance and being an offensive alliance and somehow we've pulled up into the top 3.

Now as far as resistance goes, I'm up for hitting and resisting. It's what my ally is about, but We've not taken part because other alliances are being massed other than RRR.

When the resistance is serious about coordinated efforts to hit RRR and is willing to take attack plan input from others, then My Troopahs will fight to the very last goddamn man.

That's a promise.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester
Right, I think I should just post something to explain the situation here a little. RRR is a good alliance, sort of like WH, and no one is doubting it. I do, however, agree with goku. Although there is definitely skill amongst the RRR players, the difference is not significant. As long as you have an alliance that is extremely active and extremely contactable. You can do relatively well.

To be honest, the flames on here are kind of getting ridiculous. I don't mean to point our names but Ahead, Silence and Alci. :p All three of you know I have tremendous respect for you guys, and I still do to a certain extent. But the unnecessary flammings are really getting on my nerves. What the hell is the point of proving that you are better by arguing over the forums? I don’t understand why you guys feel the need to say words such as “noob” or “stfu” etc. You can illustrate a point quite well without using those words.

I realize that by posting this I am going to get flamed (what a surprise), but honestly, I really don’t care anymore. I just want to point out that, apart from being on different sides every round, RRR and TBA aren’t that different themselves.

Let me illustrate this using examples:

Last round, FeR was rank 1 by miles, and he suicide on SAS. Everyone laughed at him, including our own alliance :p. This round, Polo suicide on SAS early on as well. And if I remember correctly, he was one of the biggest players in the game. The only difference was that at this point RRR did not have the victory yet. So wouldn’t you say Polo’s suicide had a bigger impact?

Again, last round TBA were flamed literally nonstop for their infamous suicides. This round, the tables have turned. RRR are now on top with other allies playing defensive. I’m sure all the smaller allies have the BRs to prove it. Emnity alone have several BRs where we’ve killed roughly 3 tril and lost nothing. Sure, the typical excuses can be used, but again, this just reiterates my point that there is little difference between the two groups: Both allies die on attacks. In fact, RRR’s suicides are worse because they don’t even have the round locked up. Of course, no one dares to call RRR noobs because simply, they have big names. But ask yourselves, deep down, are our tactics really that different? Or is it that TBA were just made fun of because they were full of noobs instead of big names.

Another example is bashing. Yes we have bashed with three alliances. But round after round, alliances have bashed several on a tick. In fact, this morning, one of my members had 6 incomings spread over two ticks. Sure, you can argue that TBA bashed with three alliances, but fundamentally, both allies bashed.

Of course, in all three examples, you can argue that TBA was a 3-ally powerblock. Yes, that is true, but what you made fun of us for was not because of our powerblocking, but rather our “skill,” (or lack of skill :p). And yet, it is pretty evident from this round that both groups employed roughly the same tactics.

The point I am trying to get across is that players should stop flaming each other and show more love on the forums. There is absolutely no point in flaming each other, other than for “LULZ”. I’m fairly certain no one in Emnity, Fail or S2N have boasted about us killing RRR on defense (unless you can prove me wrong of course), so why was it acceptable that WH did so last round?

Just my two cents anyways.

Edit: Just for marvin, "bullshit"

Garrett

Landscape Designer
well i think it was because it took three to do what 1 can. I may be wrong

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
i dont get why its so hostile :(

FAIL just FAILed and DA FAILed even more.

RRR are where they are due to the players skill to get there.

simple tbh

BuBbLeS

But was it Epic Fail? Oh I think not!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
JJ, you're not wrong for much of what you write, but there do exist a few discrepancies which i feel should be addressed.

On a personal level I object to being lumped in with Silence and Ahead, if you read what i write and what those fellows write they're different. My personal opinions don't vary too much but are couched in slightly more polite language. I only called alexx a retard because he was behaving like one. I'm never one to mince words or to mollycoddle someone simply because they're new. I was never treated that way when i was a newbie or stupid player on here, people told me what they thought of my ideas and opinions and i got angry, flamed a bit, and got over it. that's the nature of putting yourself out there on the internet. I object to being called simply a 'flamer'. If you have further objections to my patterns and posts on these forums i'd love to read about them in my PM box, you know how to reach me. /personal defense over.

About Polo's suicide, we mocked him mercilessly in RRR, in fact we still do from time to time so i'm not sure what the relevance of your point would be. Everyone should've laughed at Polo for SASing himself and still should be, it's funny ****!

As for last round and those 'infamous suicides' i mocked them in general more because you guys massed pure flak for several weeks without bothering to buy LETs while we had LETs and just raped pure flak. That is why *I* personally found those attacks to be appalling. I've seen better tactical sense emanate from a rock; and that's being unfair to many a good rock I know. Sure 'you only lost flak when attacking' but 200-400m flak equals a good chunk of score and a comparatively decent number of LETs.

As for RRR members suiciding this round, I don't know what excuses they are publicly showing for themselves but there are lots of reasons. Varying from 'I think the defence is fake, could be real but i'll risk it' and being wrong and dying. fair play to you guys, good job on faking us out :)

There are also times when it's a blatant egg on by one of our members, Hero was pretty much goaded into staying and got completely zeroed (4.5 trill or so).

Other times people just forget to recall or whatnot. like i said, plenty of reasons.

For *all* of the above, many of us mock each other internally about their silly noobishness. Our players have lots of skill, but like all human beings are not immune to what are all too human failings. We are not automatons, we are not 24/7 contactable robots and we do make mistakes. We don't (or shouldn't be) touting our mistakes as 'oh we meant to lose flak and all our LETs to lose score so we get more targets' as some certain TBA members did last round. Loads of people say that when they die, but they mean it more as a consolation prize to getting their ass whupped then as any real reason for deliberately zeroing themselves. See the difference between this round and last round? People should be calling our players n00bs when they suicide stupidly, i certainly don't hesitate to do it, and i don't see why others should hesitate either; other than *possibly* being polite.

Of course, in all three examples, you can argue that TBA was a 3-ally powerblock. Yes, that is true, but what you made fun of us for was not because of our powerblocking, but rather our “skill,” (or lack of skill :p). And yet, it is pretty evident from this round that both groups employed roughly the same tactics.
Speaking again from a personal angle, I would have to say i mocked you guys for both. A powerblock was pathetic, and your attacking was also pathetic. Mass flak + no LETs on a very very tight defensive team was just insanity. And to boot it didn't really work unless you massed too many of us to be able to defend them all like in a few waves. Only once you finally started buying LETs en masse towards the end of hte round did you manage to crack our defence occasionally.

I'm not one generally given to 'showing love', especially to my enemies but there are plenty of people i respect in this game who are currently my enemies this round. They just happen to be, for the most part, in Ailiphilia for whom i have tremendous respect. If you want to be shown love, i'm sure the Teletubbies can be found on the internet somewhere for free.

You should be boasting when you kill us on defence, especially if it's something to be proud of. Why not show off something of which you are proud instead of hiding it in the shadows? We were proud that we thrashed you guys on defence for the majority of last round and you only won through massive numbers of players, and not through any obvious skills. I'm sure you have skills, they just weren't demonstrated last round.

My 2 cents.

EDIT: Enmity have the tightest defence of any alliance we hit this round. Not so much at the start of the round, and definitely not when we were warring with them but once they're teched they require a large number of people to get through. Kudos for that.

JJbrosandjl

Harvester
Snip +

EDIT: Enmity have the tightest defence of any alliance we hit this round. Not so much at the start of the round, and definitely not when we were warring with them but once they're teched they require a large number of people to get through. Kudos for that.

Thats a fair post Alci, and most of it sounds pretty reasonable. But tbh, our flak amount was pretty much the same as yours this round, I *think*. We had around 200 mil each and so do you atm.

And also, it's not that we *want* to hide in the shadows when we win BRs. It's just that we don't find the need to post it just to boost our E-peens. We are proud of what we do, but at the same time, we understand that we may win small battles, but the war is not won yet. Maybe if the resistance takes you guys down we'll start actually posting. But for now, we won't post anything that will spark a flame war >.<

As for what you said about Emnity. I, on behalf of our alliance, thank you for your kind words :p We hope to keep it up! I do have to say though, our route set-up was pretty crap for the start game. No RPGs, no EMPs, and no sorcerers, and our 3 Pbs were extremely inactive. Of course, we lost to a better alliance, so not extremely bitter about that. To be fair, I think Fail is having a hard time dealing with your incomings for precisely the same reason. As far as I know, they have 0 strikers and 1 RPG. That, against a armour heavy ally, has pretty much been their death sentence.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
As for what you said about Emnity. I, on behalf of our alliance, thank you for your kind words :p We hope to keep it up! I do have to say though, our route set-up was pretty crap for the start game. No RPGs, no EMPs, and no sorcerers, and our 3 Pbs were extremely inactive. Of course, we lost to a better alliance, so not extremely bitter about that. To be fair, I think Fail is having a hard time dealing with your incomings for precisely the same reason. As far as I know, they have 0 strikers and 1 RPG. That, against a armour heavy ally, has pretty much been their death sentence.

Pfft, route setups are no excuse. If you want to do well (and aren't doing something stupid like 17 Thugs, 3 Poms... :p) then you should create a decent setup for your alliance using your knowledge of how other leaders/players like to play and any tactics you want to use. That's what I do pretty much every round. :p

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Pfft, route setups are no excuse. If you want to do well (and aren't doing something stupid like 17 Thugs, 3 Poms... :p) then you should create a decent setup for your alliance using your knowledge of how other leaders/players like to play and any tactics you want to use. That's what I do pretty much every round. :p

STUPID?!

Pfft, 17 thugs n 3 POMs is the best route set up ever! :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Snip +

But tbh, our flak amount was pretty much the same as yours this round, I *think*. We had around 200 mil each and so do you atm.

As i recall, and christ knows my memory could be flawed ;), but i remember you guys having almost only flak, or the most part flak. We have a few members who are flakwhores (Silence, hero amongst others) and very few LETs which is utterly reminiscent of many many many TBA members from last round; at least for a large portion of last round. You of course had a few sensible people who massed appropriate units; but in general i remember you being largely flakwhores. Maybe that is just magnified by the fact that there were so many of you so the ones we saw the most of were just purely flak. *shrug* Just seems that way to me.

And also, it's not that we *want* to hide in the shadows when we win BRs. It's just that we don't find the need to post it just to boost our E-peens. We are proud of what we do, but at the same time, we understand that we may win small battles, but the war is not won yet. Maybe if the resistance takes you guys down we'll start actually posting. But for now, we won't post anything that will spark a flame war >.<

Fair enough; not my general style and approach but whatever floats your boat really.... I'd use any and all victories to boost the morale of my people who must be feeling, at least a little bit, downtrodden and beaten after a round start liek this one. But perhaps that is just me.

As for what you said about Emnity. I, on behalf of our alliance, thank you for your kind words :p We hope to keep it up! I do have to say though, our route set-up was pretty crap for the start game. Of course, we lost to a better alliance, so not extremely bitter about that. To be fair, I think Fail is having a hard time dealing with your incomings for precisely the same reason. As far as I know, they have 0 strikers and 1 RPG. That, against a armour heavy ally, has pretty much been their death sentence.

No problem, we got lots of kudos last round for our defence, i see no reason not to share that particular brand of love despite my usual proclivities. Your recognition that we were better is much appreciated, that's what we set out to accomplish this round and prove that we could do what took 3 allies to do last round. Not to beat around the bush but i think we accomplished that so far. Much is yet to be decided of course...

Fail is/was having a horrible time defending against us. I don't know how much is to do with route setup and how much to do with being inactive, or incapable or just having had their morale crushed. That remains to be seen, but we've had a pretty easy time of it so far on them when they're not in sleepmode of course. Their leader being demoralized, otherwise occupied and finally deleting of course can be nothing if not another blow to an already tottering and fragile alliance. At least from my perspective.

See you on the battlefield!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

STUPID?!

Was gonna be 20 thugs aswell :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Srsly alexx, you pwn. Double "x" ftw.

May I bow down to your ultimate knowledge and skill too?

Moderated by Weeble
Spam/troll/bait

Last edited by a moderator:

lavadog

Head Gardener
Grow the fish up you fools :p Goes for all you sore winners and losers too ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I don't know why you see this as personal attack. I just vocally admire his skill and knowledge :roll:

Moderated by Weeble
Spam/troll/bait

Kuda

Official Helper

STUPID?!

Was gonna be 20 thugs aswell :p

I loved that round, cant believe we survived so long aswell considering we couldn't last tick for **** :D

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I quite enjoy some of the condescending sarcasm used in these forums, even if directed at myself. I dunno, it seems to make things a little interesting...

but then again, it often descends into a spiral of flaming and arguments that just get boring and annoying... but that also depends on the characters arguing, and whether they decide to start taking it too seriously

...meh

If I made an alliance with 19other copies of myself I would have made the best alliance ever. If im rank 18 now as SOLO, I would make the unstoppable alliance with 20other copies of myself. I know what tactic I would use. I would simply grow myself bigger than any other alliance and players and then bash the crap out of everyone if they come as close to 30% of my score.
Thats how easy this game is. Go insomanic mode for the 1-2first weeks and then bash everything and bash everything that comes in range.

If I only had 19copies of myself and time I would show u. Its not hard, its time-skilled game more than anything else. Ofc you can have diffrent setups but in the end, its the one the put most time in to this that will win and ofc you need to have little brain too. The skill in this game is to know, ratios,routes,units and not to make mistakes. More mistakes means bigger noob. less mistakes means less noob.

And that *skill* goes away when you have grown bigger than everyone else. then you can just buy whatever you want or have whatever ratios u want, ofc u need to ensure that you have good ratios/units to prevent being killed by surprise. Its the first weeks of the game that will determine who will win, that goes if you continue to play the sa,e through out the round, as time is the keyfactory to winning this game.

OK