A Public Announcement - Brought to you by ...-

Nitrous

Head Gardener
NOTE: I've skimmed read the 1st post - didnt even bother reading any of the other responses - just seemed a waste of time (in a way, my post will be a waste of time cause i can imagine many people saying simliar things).

When I skimmed through the 1st post my eye caught 10 alliances (and their statistics) vs rank 1 in a resistance.

I'd say this is a piss poor attempt to save your alliance from being hit from bigger alliances.

How unrealistic do you want to be? Organising a resistance consisting of the top 10 alliances...right...gl with that.

Nitrous, If you had actually read the post, you would have seen that in fact 3-5 allies would be enough... and I have been part of resistances counting 7 alliances + solo groups.

The numbers was just to show that even with the current lead, RRR is no where near having a complete control of the field.

My bad, ill be sure to read it thoroughly next time. But I think you're figures are wrong anyway.

PS - What round did this resistance you speak of happen in and against who?

Enrico

Tree Surgeon
Nitrous: in what way are the numbers wrong?

And R23 I think it was, the 2nd resistance that round.

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Nitrous: in what way are the numbers wrong?

Enrico - You're numbers only work if ALL the members come on and send for resistance. And I highly doubt all 80 (assuming there are 4 alliances in it) will send at a set time.

Whereas for RRR with they're contactability and activity, they'll have 17-20 members on.

So 80% of their score (at least imo) will be online and fighting whilst resisting alliances may get 12-14 players on per alliance (posisbly more, im only assuming) which is 70% of the entire resistance score.

Basically, the only way you're numbers work is if EVERYONE in the resistance sends continously - i.e. they don't work. They only give you a rough guidance.

PS - You sure it was round 23 that 7 alliances + group of solos resistance happened?

Silence

Head Gardener
Edited for simplicity: I've given up.
Dude... If I remember correctly, you were ALWAYS up for any kind of fight for the top in the past, even just for the s**ts and giggles! What's happened to ya these days? ;)

Yeah ive given up. The whole thing was a lie. I have no determination to thrash the ex members of a shitty powerblock once again. Heh. You obviously caught me. Reading something as you wanting it to be read doesn't mean you have found any truth in it.

Pfft you all mis interpreted my post. It was not ambiguous, I apologise if you in fact did mis interpret because thats what you wanted to read.

Ex TBA have proved to be useless. Not even worthy of a challenge this round at all.

Ahead

Head Gardener
i dont like silence, just because he is afraid to take on the other alliances he talks it down, people dont listen to him, he knows that enrico is right and is trying to get rid of the help, or even enrico, so band together and prove him wrong

You don't like Silence? Maybe that's because YOU are scared. Scared that he has already killed your alliance once, and he's going to do it again if you resist or grow into range.

And you are right, Silence is afraid. Afraid of every other player in the game. Clearly he has shown this by organising attacks to kill all the other alliances even when some were ranked above us.

Davis you are such an idiot, please think before you post. Idiot! Even if your post was meant to be "propaganda", it's crap, and people shouldn't have to waste their life reading it, so I emplore you to think before you post to ensure that you do not sound like such a moron in future.

In addition, I would like to add, Twigley didn't you organise (or claim/threaten that you were going to organise a resistance) 2 rounds ago when Khaos won; after Exitlude had fallen? Which didn't succeed, so it's not really 2/2?

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I've decided a resistance will be a waste of time and have thus placed the entirity of my efforts into promoting rumours that a resistance will come forth so RRR grow up, giving ranks 2-5 more leeway to grow.

ROLL UP! ROLL UP! GET YOUR RESISTANCE T-SHIRTS!

8229247m.jpg

YOU TOO CAN HAVE ONE OF THESE LIMITED EDITION "RES-IST-ANC-E" T-SHIRTS FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY! JUST £12.99 INCLUDING P+P!

AndyM

Pruner
I'll take two so I can have one on and one in the wash.

My RPGs are ready and waiting to do the resistance's bidding :)

Last edited:

Ranzou

Harvester
It is a false statement that it is fun to attack in a resistance, I have been there and it is full of arguments and frustrated failed attacks, even if it were to work, I ask you what is your personal gain.

'Fun' is a subjective term, so it is incorrect to say that's a false statement. Some will see it as fun because it's a way of getting to rank 1, others will see it as fun just for the fact that it's war and it will shake things up a bit.

Melnibone

Head Gardener
Tbh what they gain if RRR falls is a possibility of winning the round.

Any alliance in the top 10 at present could potentially through clever diplomacy effective stealing etc etc push forward especially if an immediate resistance forms against the next rank 1 and so on (the round that springs to mind is the leftovers win)

I think the biggest problem is the underlying fear that if RRR fall Ail should become the next rank 1 if they then fall looking at current land/scores of the top alliances that would potentially leave the 3 winning alliances from last round in 1,2,3 and while i dont for one minute suggest that the events of last round could unfold again there will always be the nagging doubt that at that point the constant attacking of rank 1 could end to allow everyone to consolidate.

Quite frankly that is the biggest threat to any possible resistance... the belief that history would repeat itself please do not misunderstand me im not saying it would happen but tell me honestly no-ones considered the possibility?

septimus

Harvester
What round was it that LO won?

Wasn't that exactly what Melibone said? Where there was a resistance against....whomever, and it was just nonstop resistances for like 3-4 weeks and ultimately Leftovers ended on top?
To imply an ally not top 3 atm can't possibly win is a bit of a stretch I think, the fact that it doesn't happen often doesn't mean it can't happen, anything is possible, so long as people try.

Amanala

Harvester
I think the biggest problem is the underlying fear that if RRR fall Ail should become the next rank 1 if they then fall looking at current land/scores of the top alliances that would potentially leave the 3 winning alliances from last round in 1,2,3 and while i dont for one minute suggest that the events of last round could unfold again there will always be the nagging doubt that at that point the constant attacking of rank 1 could end to allow everyone to consolidate.

Yup. The resistance -IS- one big ruse. RRR are proving to be quite the thorn in our power-block's foot. :mrgreen: You heard it here first!

Silence

Head Gardener
As many of you interpreted my original post as weakness, I would like to simply say that yeah, we are still scared of resistance FYI

You all deserve Darkangel awards for your efforts.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
As many of you interpreted my original post as weakness, I would like to simply say that yeah, we are still scared of resistance FYI

[01:25] <DA> I wouldnt get cocky, if I were you ;)
[01:25] <Silence> Boring
[01:25] <Silence> I can be cocky if I like
[01:26] <Silence> If we lose we deserve it
[01:26] <DA> Whilst killing 20 of you is a challenge indeed, killing just one of you is 1/20th the task ;)

-

That is all >.>

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Thank you, that's all I wanted. I started out as rank one and now am rank 2. We've worked just as hard. I now declare this an official round win for ailihphilia.

Next!