Tutorial bug????

wazoo

Planter
Just logged on,and the box which has suggestions ( maximise for example) is half on half off screen and i can't relocate it,I can however close it.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's not "visible" on the screen, then there's an issue with your web browser.

First is to try checking the "font-size" of your browser - hold the left ctrl key while scrolling your mouse wheel very slowly up or down, to change the font size. The font size needs to be at the browser's default/standard size to display correctly.

Secondly, some old browsers are buggy, and won't display advanced things properly. Internet Explorer 6 is one such browser, and Internet Explorer 8 beta is buggy as hell (it is a beta!) - ensure you are using Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer 7 for the most compatability.

If that's still not helping fix it, please can you post a screenshot of what it looks like here (PLEASE be sure to edit out your ID/name/any private details from the screenshot first - if you can't do that, PM me the screenshot in private), with details of your browser type and version.

CFalcon

Official Helper
Being the genius that I am, I cleverly looked up on the forums the post from about 3 months ago detailing the stages of the tutorial. The most cunning part was to completely miss the updated version in portal news. The old version said the largest reward was for doing the hiring stage.
Having done this, I realised my error and decided to restart my id to be able to put the 120k on something other than gardeners. However, apparently a restarted id on the same account goes automatically to the tutorial stage of the previous id on that account.

So now I'm stuck on the stage 'wait for the game to tick', and I don't even have the benefit of the extra 25 harvs/gardeners

marvin

Tree Surgeon
Being the genius that I am, I cleverly looked up on the forums the post from about 3 months ago detailing the stages of the tutorial. The most cunning part was to completely miss the updated version in portal news. The old version said the largest reward was for doing the hiring stage.
Having done this, I realised my error and decided to restart my id to be able to put the 120k on something other than gardeners. However, apparently a restarted id on the same account goes automatically to the tutorial stage of the previous id on that account.

So now I'm stuck on the stage 'wait for the game to tick', and I don't even have the benefit of the extra 25 harvs/gardeners

Snap.

Help please? :|

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Did either of you try restarting the tutorial and then making a new ID?

portal said:
The rewards are only given once per ID (deleting your ID/making a new ID, allows you to get the rewards again with a new ID).

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, deleting your ID should now wipe/reset all the tutorial steps (as if you had never done them in the first place). You will however need to delete your ID again to reset this. Sorry for any trouble!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, might have helped had I actually uploaded the right files. Things are a bit hectic as I'm back home temporarily organising decorating materials to buy and phoning utility companies up etc., so rushed with the upload and hit the wrong file!

Everything should be hunky dory as of now (any ID's that get deleted after the time of this post, should reset the tutorial for that account now), I do apologise to people that have been restarting their ID's over and over.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As an added note - before you delete your ID, you should be "Restarting" the tutorial on ID Settings first, then deleting your ID. I will post another update later that automatically does the "restart before deletion", but in the mean time... restart the tutorial first before deleting.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Should recognised 750 cultivated & full acres now.

CLem

Head Gardener
it doesn't recognise that you have already started a development though :(

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
it doesn't recognise that you have already started a development though :(

Bad times.

If id just waited 1 tick i'd have been find but i bought land and started dev the same tick so now ive gotta wait til i finish my next dev.

Ah well :(