Weather/Acre growth Calculations

00micbro1998

Planter
Having played this game for countless years, bush had always been the better option for income. However there has been a change (Points finger at Azzer) with the price and how many of each acre grow.

I did an experiment for 2 whole game years, to counter the seasons. 4000 acres of each land.
My results below are as follows. I will then simplify them for you. Just incase there are some Ogluk brains out there :)

Tree 14,095,430,975 97.50% 315 4,329,059,238,197
Bush 27,978,435,757 90.00% 175 4,406,603,631,728
Flower 125,884,816,877 87.50% 42 4,626,267,020,230
Grass 326,008,691,455 85.00% 18 4,987,932,979,262

Lots of number i know, the final income when planted in sun is the final column.

When they are compared against one another, Grass wins, followed by flower, then another jump until bush which is very closely followed by tree.

If grass is the maximum you can get out of your acres. Then its 100%
Flower is 92.7%
Bush is 88.3%
Tree is 86.8%

Your statman :p Thermo :p

Elderveld

Official Helper
so according to your calculations, at 4k land, the most income will come from Grass?

lavadog

Head Gardener
grass was already slightly more profitable before the prices got changed. It has now become even more profitable because of it's increase in selling price

Ad no dachi, I thought it was consistent, but I'd need someone else to confirm this

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Theres one huge downside in your calculations.
You are not counting in profit how much more harvesters and gardeners you need to buy for initial upkeep.

That tips the balance in to favour of trees and bushes a lot.

lavadog

Head Gardener
yeah, but that's only important at round start imo, since you only have limited funds available then. Come mid round you don't have to worry about the cost and grass becomes profitable in the long run, since you only have to buy harvies once (bar having some killed of course :p) and by X amount of ticks your extra profit will exceed the extra cost of the harvies.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Remember harvesters/gardeners only need to be bought once, but will keep working each and every tick.

I've been trying to shift the balance so that trees & bush are tempting because you need much less staff to be functional, and you're not having to deal with so many numbers, but if you're willing to deal with the ugly mess of flowers and grass huge numbers and the increased initial staff costs, you might end up profiting more. Ofc luck plays a part as to how good or bad weather turns out in particular seasons (with the seasonal boomings of different acre types), and the seasonal boomings may effect a "number-cruncher" (somebody trying to get the best possible profits from tick 1) in terms of at what stage during the first game year (first 2 weeks of a round) they buy which acre types!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
The bad weather will effect whatever set up equally, given that you have enough gards to plant it all in one tick. Early on that will be a problem with grass seeds, but it shouldn't be that problematic after a few hours, tbh.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The bad weather will effect whatever set up equally, given that you have enough gards to plant it all in one tick. Early on that will be a problem with grass seeds, but it shouldn't be that problematic after a few hours, tbh.

Depends if the winter season has particularly bad weather, when you were relying on the "tree boom", whereas summer had particularly good weather, greatly helping those that went flowers! While "overall", things should balance out... on an individual and seasonal basis... what land type you focus on most can be a win or a lose depending on how the seasons pan out weather wise!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
True, if the weather is random enough that whole seasons can be affected by bad weather, but it'll all pan out on a yearly basis, then you're right. And considering it's your code you probably are :p

Matthew

BANNED
Theres one huge downside in your calculations.
You are not counting in profit how much more harvesters and gardeners you need to buy for initial upkeep.

That tips the balance in to favour of trees and bushes a lot.

Ok, so you don't use flak? LOL