• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Public Profiles

Franny

Head Gardener
Reset them to not public at the start of every round?

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I don't know. Maybe add an option to have a limited public profile, that expires at round end? I know that if I want mine to be public, it'd be a hassle to make it public each round.

And, if we want the game to be more public, and open, this is a step back. If people only want their accounts to be public for the last week, they can uncheck the option afterwards.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is down to the users.

On ID Settings, there is a button at the bottom "Save Default" - clicking this saves your ID's current settings to account level - making them your account's "default settings". All new ID's you register will adopt those settings.

If you only want to make your current ID public, then all you do is select that option. Clicking "Save" is only done if you want to then apply that to account level as your "default settings".

So basically - people that signed up with their ID's<->account profiles made public by default, opted for this to happen when they selected "Public Nickname" and saved that to default settings. You can remove this from your default settings by unselecting the option, and clicking "Save Settings" at the bottom. All options only apply to your current ID unless you save them as your default settings.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
actually we opted to have last rounds id set to public, not this rounds. New id's should be reset to default every round, either that or make it an account option to have your id's set to public.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
actually we opted to have last rounds id set to public, not this rounds. New id's should be reset to default every round, either that or make it an account option to have your id's set to public.

This is down to the users.

On ID Settings, there is a button at the bottom "Save Default" - clicking this saves your ID's current settings to account level - making them your account's "default settings". All new ID's you register will adopt those settings.

If you only want to make your current ID public, then all you do is select that option. Clicking "Save" is only done if you want to then apply that to account level as your "default settings".

So basically - people that signed up with their ID's<->account profiles made public by default, opted for this to happen when they selected "Public Nickname" and saved that to default settings. You can remove this from your default settings by unselecting the option, and clicking "Save Settings" at the bottom. All options only apply to your current ID unless you save them as your default settings.

By selecting "Save Default", you are saying "Hey Bushtarion, see all these settings I have for just my current ID? Weeeell, I want them to be the new default settings for my entire account - I want every ID I register from now on, to have these settings!".

If you only want your settings to be for that ID, then do not use the "Save Default" feature. Simply set your option (by ticking/unticking a box - click nothing else, do not click save default), and that setting will only apply to that ID - deleting the ID (self deleted or round end), and making a new ID, will not adopt that setting.

But by selecting "Save Default" - you, the user, are saying "Save this setting as a default setting to my entire account and apply it to all future ID's". User's that did not save the "Public ID" setting to their default settings, did not have their new ID's made public. Users that did select save the Public ID setting as their account-wide default setting, did have new ID's made as public. The power of whether new ID's you make do or do not have the public flag (and indeed any other setting) is in your hands already.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any method of changing ID setting without actually having an ID?

No.

I think there is some confusion in this "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the ID settings page.

You do not need to click Save Settings to apply any changes made to your current ID: The instant you select, or unselect, an ID Setting - it is applied live to your ID, without you needing to click anything else.

Only click "Save Settings" if you want your current ID's settings, to be stored as your entire account's "default settings", which means all new ID's will adopt those settings by default.

If you only want a setting to apply to your current ID, not future ID's - simply do not click "Save Settings"

To edit your default/account level settings, simply go to ID Settings, set whatever options you want your default options to be, and click "Save Settings". Then change your settings to whatever you want your current ID to have (if different to the default), and head away from the page without clicking save settings again.

I admit the text isn't clear on that page at all, as to what exact "Save default settings" does, and further clarification needs adding so people don't click "Save Settings" every time they only want to make a change to their current ID.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And for now, I've also changed the text on ID Settings to hopefully be a bit clearer about what the save settings button is for/does (and warning people it means those settings will be applied to any future ID's they make if they click "Save"!).