• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Applying to an Alliance

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Ohh yeah theres also one factor that I didnt write about and as this whole thing its mainly psychological.

That when alliance loses meber(s) is always psychological bonus for others. For example if TBA kicks 2 members from one alliance other allys can see hey they are losing members.

Now when they can replace the numbers at same tick... actual amounts on alliance page never changes, you never know they swapped members unless you watch scores very closely and even then you dont know why their score changed.

I give you basic example... this round TBA in very few hours replaced multiple members in their alliances with more active ones. If these guys who swapped to TBA would have needed to go solo first etc... or lets say few rounds ago they would have stayed in their alliances, that means those active and good players would have been among ranks of these 5+ rank alliances and they would have boosted resistance side with their activity and thus we can say this new recruitment system was as small but still there partially affecting complete failure of resistance.

As when ever resistance was able to push throught and knock down TBAs morale they were easily able to replace their less good, less active and replace them with fresh blood and units.

One could argue that but they could in the past too, yes they could but that meant player of smaller alliance would need to go actively to seek for spot in better alliance, do IRC convos, go solo, be undefended, not be sure if they gonna kick for sure etc. those factors are very small as one but combined together they make much bigger wall to climb over to leave mediocre alliance and to join top one.

CFalcon

Official Helper
BW, just no.

The only difference between now and then is 90 mins rather than 6 hours of no defence. Maybe that time is too short, ya could argue that point. But the others?

[size=-2]was it even 6 hours? might have been 2 in order to join, 6 for solo? i forget[/size]

People getting to a middling alliance then immediately putting in an application for a top alliance generally won't be accepted anyway, unless they actually go and do the talking to leaders, searching around IRC etc. that you claim they don't have to do anymore. What kind of leader of a top alliance accepts people based on a line or two in an application??

And nothing to lose? You mean nothing like being accepted then kick-raped? Or nothing like being jumped by their old alliance while their new one can't defend?

As to not being able to see member changes. Apparently now you have to play close attention to score, as opposed to in the past when you 'just' had to be paying attention to the alliance page in the one tick when the change took place. Big change there then.

Matthew

BANNED
BW, just no.

The only difference between now and then is 90 mins rather than 6 hours of no defence. Maybe that time is too short, ya could argue that point. But the others?

[size=-2]was it even 6 hours? might have been 2 in order to join, 6 for solo? i forget[/size]

People getting to a middling alliance then immediately putting in an application for a top alliance generally won't be accepted anyway, unless they actually go and do the talking to leaders, searching around IRC etc. that you claim they don't have to do anymore. What kind of leader of a top alliance accepts people based on a line or two in an application??

And nothing to lose? You mean nothing like being accepted then kick-raped? Or nothing like being jumped by their old alliance while their new one can't defend?

As to not being able to see member changes. Apparently now you have to play close attention to score, as opposed to in the past when you 'just' had to be paying attention to the alliance page in the one tick when the change took place. Big change there then.

It was 90 mins till you could jump ship and receive ally defence, it was 6 hours till gov defence.

EXACTLY the same as it is now.

I agree with Blackwolf. I don't like this current system one bit. It removes the human factor of leaving/joining alliance. I personally don't see a benefit of this new system but hey ho.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
BW, just no.

[SIZE=-2]was it even 6 hours? might have been 2 in order to join, 6 for solo? i forget[/SIZE]

It was 90 mins till you could jump ship and receive ally defence, it was 6 hours till gov defence.

EXACTLY the same as it is now.

I agree with Blackwolf. I don't like this current system one bit. It removes the human factor of leaving/joining alliance. I personally don't see a benefit of this new system but hey ho.

^^ I have to agree as well. was a good idea that just kindof doesn't really fit into the game once played out.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
* Requests to an alliance now time out automatically after 48 hours. If you are not accepted after 48 hours, then you are likely not wanted in that alliance, but you may re-request to join any time to start a new 48 hour timer.

/thread.

=D