I'd just like to say thanks

saint1d

Head Gardener
I'd just like to say thanks to all the jumped up little ****** who have been abusive towards me this round because I was in SG. I play for fun, I really couldn't care less about playing for the win, if that's what the alliance if doing then fine, but generally I'm not here for that reason.

I've been very inactive compared to normal and on numerous occasion have logged on and sent out random attacks, then gone afk until eta 1. I have logged back in and seen that other players have followed me (from alliance overiew page) or piggied, and I have had a boat load of crap from various people about how I am ruining the game, or how I cant attack without mass waving. What a load of bollocks. As anyone who knows me from previous rounds, or who has mailed me politely moaning about me attacking them this round, I have always recalled cos I just dont have the heart to kill them sometimes. I do not like repeatedly massing/waving players, this would only be a last resort for me.

The pure hatred I have felt towards me means that I am totally sick of this game and I cannot wait for the round to end. I genuinely think this is the end of the road for me but I will create a solo account next round and see how it goes, maybe I just need a break. I have not posted in the "Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub" thread cos I dont want to be like countless others who have done so then reappeared a few weeks later lol.

So to all the people who have given me **** this round, thanks, but you can stick it up your arses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Landscape Designer
friends only option is your friend. use it every time you attack. serially.

why do I say this? this is what it's like to be in a top 3-5 alliance depending on the scores and sizes of the allies... doesn't matter if you are 'the top' or 'near the top' if you send on someone and anyone follows you everyone mails you about how bad you are and how spineless because someone you may or may NOT know is following you/attacking same tick/attacking a mate of theirs.

this is common for all rounds and all years since i've been playing. it's common place. so for any others that want to 'be the top' and will powerblock or just in general fight your way to get there... this is the treatment you get from the playerbase period.

it's not going to change. sorry if it's your last round David, but meh. (no i didn't play for most of the round so I definitely wasn't one) it's part of the game just like being bashed when you were playing at the bottom.

Thank YOU David for being part of the powerblock that has negatively affected so many peoples.

Thank YOU the rest of the playerbase for never resisting or getting off your asses to change anything.

fun gripe. good times.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
That's what you get for playing in a gay powerblock. Sorry, but I can't feel any sympathy for any of you.

"Boo hoo...we used 60 people to win the round instead of doing it properly and now people don't like us :'( And now when we attack people they moan at us. Woe is me...why don't they understand how hard it is being able to log in whenever you feel like it without any threat of getting zeroed and being able to attack whenever you want and not having to worry about anything. They just don't understand!" /wrists

Stop being all emo and grow a pair. You won the round using 60 people. What did you expect?

Ahead

Head Gardener
Saint1d is the coolest person in TBA by far and the only person I have any respect for in there, end of. Sad to see you go, and shame I couldn't have played with you for one last round, but I wish you gl in rl :)

saint1d

Head Gardener
That's what you get for playing in a gay powerblock. Sorry, but I can't feel any sympathy for any of you.

"Boo hoo...we used 60 people to win the round instead of doing it properly and now people don't like us :'( And now when we attack people they moan at us. Woe is me...why don't they understand how hard it is being able to log in whenever you feel like it without any threat of getting zeroed and being able to attack whenever you want and not having to worry about anything. They just don't understand!" /wrists

Stop being all emo and grow a pair. You won the round using 60 people. What did you expect?

Meh, I've started to reply to you but cant really be arsed. I've never played alongside you before so I dont know you and you dont know me.

The point of the post is pretty much to say I've had enough, I play for fun, not for the politics of the game. I dont need to justify to you why I have stayed with the same group of players for the past 2 or 3 rounds, it has been fun apart from this one. Am I happy we were part of this "powerblock"? No. Am I complaining at people moaning? No. Am I complaining about being on the receiving end of abusive pm's ingame and irc? Yes, but I can probably guess the age group of the people who sent them. I have NEVER sent abuse to players before and I stand by my belief in showing others respect as human beings.

Actually youre reply has done more to motivate me to stay with the game than I have been able to muster up the past few weeks. If you think that I needed to be in this god forsaken TBA just to get some kind of recognition, I feel truly mortified! What is this can of worms you have now opened? Must I now have to create and ally just to prove to you I dont need 59 other players, or do I have to do it as pure solo. Damn you I dont want to have to be active :p

Edit: New ally recruiting, only 39 spots left open

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
The point of the post is pretty much to say I've had enough, I play for fun, not for the politics of the game. I dont need to justify to you why I have stayed with the same group of players for the past 2 or 3 rounds, it has been fun apart from this one. Am I happy we were part of this "powerblock"? No. Am I complaining at people moaning? No. Am I complaining about being on the receiving end of abusive pm's ingame and irc? Yes, but I can probably guess the age group of the people who sent them. I have NEVER sent abuse to players before and I stand by my belief in showing others respect as human beings.

Actually youre reply has done more to motivate me to stay with the game than I have been able to muster up the past few weeks. If you think that I needed to be in this god forsaken TBA just to get some kind of recognition, I feel truly mortified! What is this can of worms you have now opened? Must I now have to create and ally just to prove to you I dont need 59 other players, or do I have to do it as pure solo. Damn you I dont want to have to be active :p

Lol. Fair enough. Reading my post back to myself I realise it was a bit more aggressive than I intended.

I can understand that receiving abusive PMs is a pain. I've been on the receiving end of plenty myself this round just for killing people. Not unfair attacks hitting with 2 other people or hitting at 30%. Just one vs one fights, and it really is annoying. After a while I just start abusing them back *shrug*. But if you attack people, you're bound to get those types of messages, even if you're not in a top alliance, because people get frustrated at being powerless. So they do the only thing they can do, which is abuse you in PM.

And I didn't say you *had* to use 60 players. But that's what you did. Whether or not you were pleased about it is by the by. If you were really unhappy with powerblocking you would've left like so many others did. If you do come back and kick ass as a pure solo, SISP style, then kudos to you :p

saint1d

Head Gardener
If you were really unhappy with powerblocking you would've left like so many others did.

I had my politics thread created and ready to post, pm's for Steve and PinPower were also ready to send. I was about to delete when someone asked me to stay, to remain loyal to my friends, so I did. In all honesty thats all it was about for me. Anyway nvm, I dont want to get into the whole TBA carry on (again).

Anyway you're only being nice to me cos Ahead said I was cool, ofc he's right :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer
nah your posts haven't generally been retarded and ahead didn't need to point that out. but it's always nice to know someone has your back ;)

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
Anyway you're only being nice to me cos Ahead said I was cool, ofc he's right :p

Actually, no. Your response to my post actually made me realise the error of my ways :eek:

Shock horror. A forum post achieving something :p

My first post was really based on the whole TBA thing rather than who was posting it.

saint1d

Head Gardener
lol I was kidding :p

But Ahead is still right even if it's just me who thinks so ;)

LadyDarkAngel

Harvester
David... do as I did every single round I played bush... have Friends Only ticked. That way not only you don't receive abusive messages, but you also piss off the person messaging you when they find out that you won't be receiving their message after they bothered to type it out :D

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
saint1d is one of the coolest and most friendly players around, anyone who disagrees with me, will feel my wrath.

:p

anyway dont worry saint1d tba is only a very small black dot on your white sheet :)

Garrett

Landscape Designer
i disagree with you just because I know you have no wrath.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I never put the friends only thing on, the best bit about this game is the community. I cant believe anyone would ever actually get upset by ingame messages. If im attacking someone and they mail me something abusive, i instantly know they aren't worth talking to so just ignore them (or more likely just mock them for a while ;)).
But more often than not you can end up having a good chat with someone and possibly make a friend...

Garrett

Landscape Designer
I never put the friends only thing on, the best AND simultaneously WORST bit about this game is the community. I cant believe anyone would ever actually get upset by ingame messages. If im attacking someone and they mail me something abusive, i instantly know they aren't worth talking to so just ignore them (or more likely just mock them for a while ;)).
But more often than not you can end up having a good chat with someone and possibly make a friend...

fixed for accuracy.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
see, immediately weaksauce. :D

Moderated by Weeble
Spaaamitch with mustard

Last edited by a moderator: