Powerblocks <---- LOL

Franny

Head Gardener
Right, as the current round stands the "powerblock" is killing off the game, the "powerblock" is stopping people buying p-units, gamecash etc. Yet ive never seen powerblocking as the problem. Sure a few people sit on top, this round its no more than we've seen before. Albeit the playerbase is smaller and less active. Right thats dissing the "powerblock" done, now heres to whats really killing the game.

BASE BOUNTY. Basically if your not in a semi active alliance. Your as good as dead unless your bunker route (with Turrets). Base Bounty is killing off the player base. Sure you get a little bit of insurance, but you wake up every morning 0'd with only 1/4 of your original army.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes. GRIPE!

I could have wrote more, but thought i would just have been rambling on and cba :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Hate base bounty. Definitely a possible contributor. Thumbs up on the gripe mostly.

Base bounty and leaders who cba.

Leaders who have no balls, unwilling to take risks, and don't listen to their players.

Yes a leader is ultimately responsible for the direction of his alliance, but to shun all other opinions is silly.

The (vocal part of) playerbase is also lazy and getting lazier by the round. Basically it sounds like everyone wants a system where they get lots of score and troops... kill with impunity... and never get attacked while they are offline.

Please Azzer, just code the 'u win' button and whenever you are done with the round instead of the p-unit - we'll spend the 5BC's on the 'u win' button and we'll all be happy.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
BASE BOUNTY. Basically if your not in a semi active alliance. Your as good as dead unless your bunker route (with Turrets). Base Bounty is killing off the player base. Sure you get a little bit of insurance, but you wake up every morning 0'd with only 1/4 of your original army.

Not going to comment on the rest, but in relation to people whining about being killed all the time, see this thread: http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Right, as the current round stands the "powerblock" is killing off the game, the "powerblock" is stopping people buying p-units, gamecash etc. Yet ive never seen powerblocking as the problem. Sure a few people sit on top, this round its no more than we've seen before. Albeit the playerbase is smaller and less active. Right thats dissing the "powerblock" done, now heres to whats really killing the game.

Apologies for any spelling mistakes. GRIPE!

I could have wrote more, but thought i would just have been rambling on and cba :p
I agree.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The base bounty, once the new "Fairness Calculator" is done (due in for this next round coming, fingers crossed :) ), will be having some heavy modifiers done to the amounts achievable (both going above, and below, the default base bounty) based on the results of the fairness calculator.

While this differs heavily from the old concept of L/F - which was based on "Have a history of doing more bad things than good things, and people will make more money off of you than less", it will mean more a case of "You're only going to get any real bounty values from killing people in genuinely fair/larger attacks - not bottomfeeding".

But that's not to say that the new fairness calculator doesn't become so popular (y'never know, it could happen... hmmm :p) that it could become the basis for a whole new and modernised "L/F" that actually "works", and then the bounty system will once again be replaced with a "modernised" L/F style version :)

"Watch this space", basically!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
On that topic azzer, perhaps you should consider capping the acres gained for "bottomfeeding" too. Right now I feel it is too easy to go and wtfrape a small ally for acres. And just to clarify: I'm not talking about TBA bashing WH/CH, that incoming would come no matter what. I'm talking about what targets I pick to get my rebound.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
On that topic azzer, perhaps you should consider capping the acres gained for "bottomfeeding" too. Right now I feel it is too easy to go and wtfrape a small ally for acres. And just to clarify: I'm not talking about TBA bashing WH/CH, that incoming would come no matter what. I'm talking about what targets I pick to get my rebound.

Yeah I'm intending to initially use the new FC for three things;

Effectiveness gains (we'll see how adaptable it is for that compared to the current system though), bounty gains, and land caps.

lavadog

Head Gardener
That fairness calc is actually one of the changes I'm really looking forward too. Could potentially put an end to a lot of flaws in the game mechanics.

Go Azzman :D