L/F & Bounty Hunting

JJB

Harvester
I know it was removed 4 a reason but it seems to me that everyone i know prefered the old L/F system and loved the bounty hunting

It also seems that all the problems that people are complaining about e.g bashing, getting attacked by people billions of time ur score... etc
Well the old system helped to solve this problem, i know the land cap is meant to deter hitting people smaller than you, but 4 smaller players you still land quite badly on them. Maybe the land cap and the old system could be developed together?

I dont know how everyone feels about it here but i used to enjoy bounty hunting and being green as such sort of showed how well you had done.

what does everyone else think? do they prefer the new system or what..

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I enjoyed bounty hunting as well because it allowed me, a solo player, to completely mess up even the rank 1 alliance. Not even talking when I get friends to attack with me.

The combination between L/F and XP was just too much power into the hands of 1 person and just L/F wouldn't have that much of an impact anyway.

Nagash

Weeder
to be honest im inclined to agree with this, if the round was practically over after a few weeks when one alliance had pulled away it offered another incentive other than sroting seeds.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I actually agree as well. I think the whole L/F bounty thing worked alot better. You bash repeatedly and you get a dishonourable title...and a bounty. Then people are far more likely to try and kill you. It discourages bashing etc...and even if a person decides to continually hit at 30%/attack the same targets/wave etc etc then there is a high chance they will get the same treatment due to their bounty.

Changer

Head Gardener
Id like to see L/F make a come back when the new fairness calculator has been introduced. On top off Eff and current bounty (need improving?) it gives another stat to aim for just by enjoying yourself and not whoring seeds.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer
I loved law/fame and bounty hunting. It gave you a reason to attack, to be active. to have goals other than winning. There was good income in it, without making yourself a landfat target. There was a reason to hit the bigger players without stealing land. And while some players felt it forced them to play a "certain way" it was still ulitimately a choice to keep a green title or go red. and mostly it was just pretty frakking fun ;)

Last edited:

ViVi

Pruner
Every time I raised bringing it back, I got shot down because of how it was "clearly unbalanced". Read the signature, really. Darksider made it ages ago. Never took it off. Game died for me with the loss of B/H. Gave me more enjoyment than any other aspect of the game.

JJB

Harvester
Every time I raised bringing it back, I got shot down because of how it was "clearly unbalanced". Read the signature, really. Darksider made it ages ago. Never took it off. Game died for me with the loss of B/H. Gave me more enjoyment than any other aspect of the game.

so true
you dont mind if i use that signature too do u?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It would need a new and working "fairness calculator" - the reasons for it's removal are largely down to the impracticalities of the current one. If/once a new FC has been created that actually "works" and can be detailed in it's workings publically etc., there's no stopping what it can be used for...! ;)

JJB

Harvester
It would need a new and working "fairness calculator" - the reasons for it's removal are largely down to the impracticalities of the current one. If/once a new FC has been created that actually "works" and can be detailed in it's workings publically etc., there's no stopping what it can be used for...! ;)

Is a new FC relatively easy to make?
and are u looking to create one soon or is it just a thought?

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
Bring back titles and bounty! Even higher up that was my favorite part, trying to succeed and attack lawfully. It just opened up so many play styles. Right now I feel that people are persuaded to bash the lower ranks because there is no reason not to.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
The system was an awesome idea, and such a shame to see it go. It encourages people to pick on people their own size, and if not there will be consequences. And then more fun for those who collect the bounties.

I would love to see L/F and bounties (real bounties, not this base bounty nonsense) come back once we have a new FC.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
no bounty encouraged, as a faster way to the the l/f, but the system was inherently broken.

should HQ's get redone (especially in my own graven image lol ;) ) then I will make suggestions to the fairness calculator and maybe l/f can be reintroduced.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i remember playing for about a week ages ago (with a different account which i lost) and the l/f system, i dont even trying to get a good rank, just trying to get a good l/f rating, and going bounty hunting. seriously thats about all i remember from that week