• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Hippy van init change

cb1202

Head Gardener
So I was thinking to stop the biker *****in why not decrease the init of hippy vans to maybe 177, right below bikers. But instead **** AD lower it down to ** and have them target All/LET. Or maybe still LET/All.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
but hvans init was already lowered to combat cw's!!!

give the bikers a chance as they are council housed and violent.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
if only we had something like pyschopathic androids or rpgs that we could use in an alliance setting and fired before bikers even... and if only bikers were moved to eta 4 or 5 then we could....

wait... what?

Steve_God

Official Helper
Hippy Vans serve their purpose for those PoM players wishing to attack Robos, and also to act as armour flak against bikers... surely that's plenty as it is? :p

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I vote for changing the initiative of HVs to 55 to help combat those pesky F117 that are flying around, bombing innocents. The stats should not be nerfed, as I feel that would be on the verge of being discriminating towards a group of people who are rapidly diminishing. If anything their survivability should be increased as a mean of protecting those lucky enough to still be alive.

Power to the Hippies!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
but what about those poor innocent f117's?! they die so easily, they are stealth bombers, they should have a special 50% chance miss bonus. think of the servicemen's families!

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Lol yeah, lower the init of the HVs so they can fire before PoMs :roll:

Indeed, POM would be even more overpowered than it is now.

if only we had something like pyschopathic androids or rpgs that we could use in an alliance setting and fired before bikers even... and if only bikers were moved to eta 4 or 5 then we could....

wait... what?

Indeed however like i said in another thread:

Code:
My only problem with it is how 5,000,000,000,000,000 trills worth of NLDs can be damaged without firing back on 500 thousands worth of bikers. Such a small amount of bikers can hurt such a large amount of staff without loses which doesnt happen with the other routes.

However the negatives of having lots and lots of bikers will show in other areas when you are being pwned cos you dont have enough TL.
The only reason it doesnt happen (them being pwned) is because those who mass bikers are normally the active players in a decent ally who can get their defence.

You can't really change bikers as they are needed to stop POMS being overpowered, however the reality is, the only way to stop the most overpowered unit in the game (POMS) is to have a unit like biker.

Bikers are there to combat the most overpowered unit.
PA and RPG and Emp are there to combat biker's on poms.

However the only problem for me is adren rushing poms with bikers.
There is no combat for a tick of fighting ...
No possible way of stopping those bikers getting free kills unless that POM gets online.

Imo that part needs to change in two ways.

A) A (expensive?) unit the POM can buy that targets Bikers only (Replacing louds/hypnos?) ...
B) A unit on another branch that fires before bikers that can be sent that targets biker only.
C) An expensive unit that the HQ can develop which targets biker only.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
reduce emp eta by 1 and give it a 'bonus' to bikes? *snicker* I said bonus.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Even though I hate to admit it, Twigley puts up not a bad point.

While I was reading his suggestions of "fixing" the problem, I thought of:

How about a VERY expensive, VERY shitty, early firing unit that targets bikers only. P-Unit. LET.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
reduce emp eta by 1 and give it a 'bonus' to bikes? *snicker* I said bonus.

Idd, i we should veer away from bonus' as much as possible >.<

How about a VERY expensive, VERY shitty, early firing unit that targets bikers only. P-Unit. LET.

You can either get Hypnos or xxx.
Would make me purchase a p unit this round...

Why expensive - because it's mainly to combat adren rushing bikers on the top?
Why biker only - because if it fires before POM and hits any other unit then POMS power goes up.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
How would that unit change Poms ability to attack a thug player? Will it enable them to remove all the bikers, and block the rest?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
Good point, good point
What about a HQ unit then?

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Wont happen

exceptionally constructive post my friend. Why won't it happen, and what do you suggest instead? This biker/POM problem has been around for ages, and simply shooting down ideas isn't useful. Put that grey matter in your skull to some productive use please.

As for an HQ unit, i like the idea, especially with the new abilities that can be assigned to individual players so for example you could let your POM players have access to sending/using HQ troops, and they would be able to protect themselves. Of course it doesn't have to be just the POM players with that access, since anyone could do it.

I like the general idea so far, not so sure how it would be balanced out, but it would give HQs a further lease on life and bring them more effectively into the game. A cautionary thumbs up from me so far....

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Problem as I see it is that hippy vans have their role in this game. By reducing their power they would be even more useless than they are now :p

One could argue of hippyvan power and if its worth a smeg to invest to, and then one could say that making them weaker would allow countering bikers. But on what ratio? As bikers is mainly pom killer in game we really want to give route a power to stop its nemesis?

It is like making ninjas fire before vampires, or making PBs fire before SAs. Whats the point of the unit anymore? We could how ever consider of some other route to have their unit changed so it could effectively compete against bikers. But for now when TLs are what they are I dont see the point.

Ahead

Head Gardener
In terms of a HQ unit, I seem to remember something like this was suggested before, but how about an eta 3 (2 with ally defence boost) HQ NLD unit. Something that does very little damage and acts as flak for the PoM (a machine, like the hippy van so that bikers get reduced damage against it, but obviously more expensive and a lot less damage, possibly only firing close against INN or something?).

In this way, if the alliance feels that their PoMs are susceptible to rushes, everybody can pay and invest in the unit.

Being eta 2 means it can be sent for adren rushed biker rushes, and the fact that it doesn't do much damage means it won't alter the BR hugely. Possibly maximum of 40m or something? Which means they would have to cost roughly 70k or so?

With a ratio of 1:2 or something against flak, it could also be used as an extra layer in last tick defence to prevent land loss. Either that or make it fairly decent against tractors?

Just a few ideas I threw together quickly..

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
Or, we could just remove the biker, and introduce a later firing heavy armoured heavy damaging NLD( INN/LET?) killer in some route that lacks a purpose.
Pro:
- This wouldn't touch the poms who are quite a lot larger.
- This would force pom players to actually buy some hippy vans.
- This would make it possible for all other protestor routes to block it with NLD, because they all have access to HV.

Con:
- Everyone seems to love bikers, so removing them is evul!
- A unit against poms that fires after HV? MADNESS!!!
- Would make thief route more susceptible to pom-attacks (pb's and dogs are quite good against poms, no?)
- I HEARD U LIEKZ MUDKIPZ.