• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

seed score

cb1202

Head Gardener
So I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I really don't like it how the top can sit with a bunch of seeds and not get very much value for it. I was going to make a suggestion that we make seeds have full value, but that wouldn't work for people who are not very active.

So I think that maybe their should be some sort of exponential seed score.

0-200 million seeds = no value
200-1billion = current seed value
1-5 billion = 1*1.5 current seed value
5+billion = same score as plants

What do you guys think? I think it would be great, especially for newcomers as they tend to be solo, and not having any seed score would be beneficial.

tomtree

Head Gardener
the figures for number of plants being sat on would have to be higher than that. i mean i have over 10 bill of seeds atm and im not even in the top 200...

and besides, why punish people who have done well even more than they already are? + this would make them grow out of range even quicker and make there round even more boring than it already is.

timtadams

Landscape Designer
I dont think its necessary, you still get a fair amount of value for seeds.

This would also encourage the top not to sit on seeds. This means that they invest in troops, obviously, and grow larger. I know this is the point you are making, that they can do this and thus have more targets. But if it gets that bad then they usually just suicide troops on what they can.

Now if you look at it another way you can see the bad side. The top get even bigger, this also means it is harder to attack them, thus it is harder to organise a resistance...

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
I have 22k acres and my score goes up 5m per tick. That's 30m an hour. That's 300m every 10 hours.

720m score rise per day, for doing nothing :p

It's fine as it is.

Steve_God

Official Helper
There's also the 'Risk' factor involved with sitting on Seeds.

A player in the Top 10 might be sitting on several tril's worth of seeds... and then have a mass organised resistance attack on them, and if the weather is bad, it's funds they can't use! (unless they sell their seeds that would be a huge waste...).
It's all in the risk of there being good weather in planting the seeds when you need the funds.