Nasty Changes - Member Defence Change

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Im just venting!

But i do maintain its unfair for Azzer to clearly help a resistance effort so early on (its only 2 weeks in), especially after claiming to be un-bias (from an admin POV) so much on another thread.

If there was some sort of notice (or even if it wasnt in the middle of a huge attack) i would have honestly supported this game, i said before the round started that it was a silly loophole...

Meh, will be fun having easy targets again!!!

x

Are you serious? So you have a powerblock (which is hardly considered skilled), and even then you see the need to exploit yet another loophole in the game. And THEN you still see the need to complain about it being changed? You shouldn't have been using the stupid loophole in the first place...
There's one thing having a game allow tactics that are a bit dodgy, there's a second thing actually using them. A bit like it's one thing having nuclear weapons, but another using them.
And a third thing complaining about it backfiring in your face. :'D
Got to say, brilliant one Azzer. :'D

QFT, mostly to annoy Hobbe. But the guy hit the nail on the head :D

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Hobbe, like i said before i agree with the change...its purely the timing that is wrong.

And its definately helping the resistance...as soon as he made the change he stopped 3/4/5 people being able to defend or be defended while they/the alliance has MASS incoming...

x

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Yeah, like i said f0xx the change itself is good...i support that!

Like masterhunta said its the timing of the change that i think is insanely unfair (and unbias from an admin POV)
x

Perhaps it was changed now because YOU guys as a group exploited it so heavily that it could decide the end of the round? I mean, you surely do not want to be labeled as players who won by powerblocking AND exploiting a loophole.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
F0xx, neither of us are un-bias...but surely you can see that its at least a little unfair for the Admin of the game to play a strong part in deciding the round

F0xx said:
Perhaps it was changed now because YOU guys as a group exploited it so heavily that it could decide the end of the round?

Your words...so when PLAYERS are doing it its unfair...but if the game admin steps in...thats all fine and dandy.

;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer
F0xx, neither of us are un-bias...but surely you can see that its at least a little unfair for the Admin of the game to play a strong part in deciding the round

F0xx said:
Perhaps it was changed now because YOU guys as a group exploited it so heavily that it could decide the end of the round?

Your words...so when PLAYERS are doing it its unfair...but if the game admin steps in...thats all fine and dandy.

;)

The whole powerblock aside, what you guys were doing was unfair. You were exploiting something which shouldn't be there at first place.

You know, if our game was douche-bag proof, then we wouldn't need such strict rules.

Davis

Tree Surgeon
Azzer fails at moderating his own game yet again, SOTB/Admin interference anyone?

He ruins the game more than the power block itself with his poor rules and interference :p lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
How has this change made any significant difference to the end of the round? It means the resistance will be more "fair" against you guys as you won't be able to keep swapping members to defend more easily. But it hasn't caused anyone to die.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
f0xx has the respect of everyone in War? Huh? and I'm sure many members from other allies as well. He doesn't need respect from powerblocking noobs to know he's a bushtarion god.

Ahead

Head Gardener
Such a hilarious thread! Maybe if you noobs had organised defence like a proper alliance, instead of relying on exploiting a loophole to cover incs then it wouldn't have made a difference. It just shows how bad the organisation is TBA is really.. you can't organise proper defence.

A large number of the people in TBA are absolute hypocrites.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Such a hilarious thread! Maybe if you noobs had organised defence like a proper alliance, instead of relying on exploiting a loophole to cover incs then it wouldn't have made a difference. It just shows how bad the organisation is TBA is really.. you can't organise proper defence.

Too true Ahead, or just let the land go, surely with 60 members getting land back isn't that hard? You can just keep bashing your way to failure.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
f0xx has the respect of everyone in War? Huh? and I'm sure many members from other allies as well. He doesn't need respect from powerblocking noobs to know he's a bushtarion god.

noo he just needs to be better than me ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Exploits will be fixed the instant they can be. I'd been playing with ideas to prevent this exploit since before the Age began - in fact I discussed possible fixes to the exploit with players that are currently in a number of alliances (including 1 or 2 in the current top alliances)...

I did not want to ruin the new recruiting system by making people go solo again, or making alliance join requests "time out" after short periods of time etc. - today through my pain infused haze I had a touch of inspiration and realised I didn't have to touch the new recruitment system at all - all I had to do was expand a featue already implemented, that recalled defence when you left an alliance, and expand it to your new alliance, too.

The moment I thought this up, I had a fix for an exploit that was being taken advantage of all through the current round, by various alliances (not just the top 3 ranking ones). The fix was coded and implemented within an hour of me thinking of it.

I did not decide to look at every alliance in the game, look if they were currently exploiting the system, and say "Awww, poor buggers are exploiting right this very moment, I better let them get advantage out of this system before I fix this loophole". I checked nobody's incoming - I implemented the fix immediately.

I have a rule that I have maintained since day 1 - if there is a bug, or an exploit, and it is being misused/abused, then I will implement a fix as soon as possible/as soon as one is developed.

You can confirm that I discussed alternative fixes to this problem with certain current members of the top alliances as well as other playtesters not involved in the top alliances when they were playtesting Age 5, and that I had already told them I was aware of this abuse possibility before Age 5 began and was trying to find a fix.

But when all's said and done - a regular alliance playing the game within the confines of a 20 member limit and no "alliance naps" will not be affected by this change.

An alliance abusing recruiting systems, member limits, and playing "outside of the intended confines of game features", will be affected, and I think that is what this thread is demonstrating.

Edit: Mis-implications/poor wordings edited out, sorry to any offence I might have caused to anyone pre-edit :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

A large number of the people in TBA are absolute hypocrites.

They were doing both, they broke no rules so let them have their fun. I like the instant taunts of being noobs... because they're still winning!

Wish everyone could just settle this stuff ingame instead....

I personally will take great satisfaction if/when TBA fall, but until it happens I see no reason to start the 'we pwned you noobz' comments.

Just wait until they have died!

Rosa

Pruner
You know, if our game was douche-bag proof, then we wouldn't need such strict rules.

Hahaha ^^^

Anyways yeah, it was a bug that needed to be fixed and Azzer fixed it. There is no such thing as fair or unfair when you guys were abusing the system. Just be thankful he didn't lock you all instead

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Mis-implications edited out, genuinely sorry to any offence I might have caused to Twigley/DA, ignore references I made if anyone saw it pre-edit (though I think I was quick to edit :p)

/me shakes fist

:p

Fair enough, I think we're just a bit miffed about the timing of this - though I guess it could have happened to any powerblock. I mean alliance.

:p ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fair enough, I think we're just a bit miffed about the timing of this - though I guess it could have happened to any powerblock. I mean alliance.

Heh, you have to see this from a coder/admin POV - you know about an exploit. You tried to find a way to fix it with the playtesters, but nothing realistic was thought up that "made sense". Other suggestions were made but they ruined the point of the new recruiting system (eg they made you go solo first etc.)... then suddenly you think of the perfect solution that should prevent any abuse of a known (and currently used) exploit.

Do you:
A: Implement it immediately, saying "Exploits will be fixed the moment a fix is ready!" (and be accused of siding with whoever isn't using an exploit)
2: Check and wait until any current exploiters have finished their current exploits then implement it when they are good and ready (and be accused of siding with anyone using an exploit)
D: Run around naked outside while screaming "I EAT JELLY IN MY NOSE!".

Three simple, well counted possibilities, I know which one I'd always pick :p