Players That Wants Magical Admin Solutions

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This round is no different to any other round, but hell we have a gripes forum, so I'm going to take my chance to have my own gripe about players!

Whenever there's a rank 1 alliance that's not winning by it's own merit (ie it's achieving it's goals through more embarassing means - wings, naps, allies, spies - stuff that really is only a victory on paper/technical game score terms, but has the rest of the playerbase pointing and laughing at them), I always get mails from loads of people that aren't in those alliances mailing me complaining, and asking/expecting some sort of magic solution from me. I've never actually had a solution from anyone that complains, it's generally "Azzer those guys are ruining the round...!" type mails, as if suggesting I should step in with some magical solution just to satisfy their whims, without actually offering anything tangible. My response is usually the same;

"If you were a game admin, what would you do - lock the accounts of anyone who hit rank 1 and got too far ahead? Look at anyone that works together with somebody not in their own alliance and zero them with super duper admin troops?"
And likewise;
"If you were in a winning alliance, had not broke any game rules (you might have played with less than honourable or impressive tactics, but you played by all the actual rules), and the game admin suddenly said "I don't like you *DELETE*!" or similar, how would you feel, how would you react?"

So, to all you gripers who hate X or Y alliance in any round because they winged, napped, spied, allied together, joined up to bash your own alliance, here's my offered solutions:

* Deal with it - it's a war game. This round, you lost, and you've given in early because you can't handle defeat. Try again next round, perhaps you'll only ever not whinge when you personally are rank 1. Maybe you should look at re-defining your goals for the game and your ability to handle defeat.
* Look to diplomacy, politics, trickery - try to manuipulate some of the players involved in one of the lesser ranked winged/winning alliances, if not the leader themselves - persuade them to try to take rank 1 for themselves and achieve glory, honour, respect from the rest of the playerbase, and most of all - a hell of a lot of fun. If they're sat at rank 2/3 just to help their two winged alliances win, try to play with the fact that they're happy to live with rank 2 just for an "easy win" without challenge fun or dignity.
* Offer tangible game mechanic solutions that keeps the game fun for everyone - those at the top and those at the bottom. Put yourself in their shoes, my shoes, as well as your own shoes, when thinking about such solutions, rather than offer up something drastic that only satisfies your own current dis-satisfaction at not winning.
* Keep fighting, keep at it, try to get a "resistance" force going - if not for actual success, then at least for a laugh. The game's about having fun, fighting the good fight, and enhancing your skills ready for the next round. Do you really want to be the guy that gives in so quickly (especially given I'm already receiving these complaints less than 2 weeks in to a round when truly, anything could happen later on....). Just have a laugh!
* Send whinging mails to ID 1 subtly hinting that I should do something magical to solve all of your problems and have me create a gripe thread because of it.

This thread is not aimed at any single individual - I've had at least 10 "complaints" in general in the past 7 days alone suggesting the "round is ruined" (lol...) - and I get these sorts of things each and every round. I just thought I'd make a gripe thread about the whole idea of it in general.

Oh - and to any winged alliances - you suck, grow some balls and have a real fight. If you can't challenge someone your own size, you aren't worthy of your ranks, of respect from your peers, and it's your fault I had to make this gripe thread. And spies - you suck too. There's in-game mechanisms you can use to get an alliances memberlist through skill. You lack the skill? Lame! And bashes & wavers - pah, you're all lame too. And you guys at the back listening to that rubbish music? LAME! Pfffftbltbltbltblt to you all.

:silly:

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Whenever there's a rank 1 alliance that's not winning by it's own merit (ie it's achieving it's goals through more embarassing means - wings, naps, allies, spies - stuff that really is only a victory on paper/technical game score terms, but has the rest of the playerbase pointing and laughing at them), I always get mails from loads of people that aren't in those alliances mailing me complaining, and asking/expecting some sort of magic solution from me.

Do you actually recieve such mails?

I mean, I just can't believe it...

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you actually recieve such mails?

I mean, I just can't believe it...

Quite a good handful, almost every round, usually complaining about the playstyles of whoever is rank 1 at the time and hinting that I need to do something about them or the "game will be ruined".

I generally consider people sending such mails or having such thoughts as quitters, and think they should consider their final rank as whatever their current rank is, multiplied by however many days of the round are left.

If a quitter can't admit that such a defeatist attitude is bad, then they shouldn't expect the top players to admit that their playstyle is bad ;)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Oh - and to any winged alliances - you suck, grow some balls and have a real fight. If you can't challenge someone your own size, you aren't worthy of your ranks, of respect from your peers, and it's your fault I had to make this gripe thread. And spies - you suck too. There's in-game mechanisms you can use to get an alliances memberlist through skill. You lack the skill? Lame! And bashes & wavers - pah, you're all lame too. And you guys at the back listening to that rubbish music? LAME! Pfffftbltbltbltblt to you all.

Ownage

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Like f0xx, I'm kinda amazed people actually mail you about this stuff

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
People actually message Azzer about this! haha, end of that day it is a game.

Well said Azzer about wings! :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
rofl.

Got it in one.

:nworthy:

Changer

Head Gardener
* Deal with it - it's a war game. This round, you lost, and you've given in early because you can't handle defeat. Try again next round, perhaps you'll only ever not whinge when you personally are rank 1. Maybe you should look at re-defining your goals for the game and your ability to handle defeat.

QFT

* Offer tangible game mechanic solutions that keeps the game fun for everyone - those at the top and those at the bottom. Put yourself in their shoes, my shoes, as well as your own shoes, when thinking about such solutions, rather than offer up something drastic that only satisfies your own current dis-satisfaction at not winning.

Idd. Something needs to be done. Moaning about it every round isn't going to change anything. Some form of system needs to be thought up of, as to what is is and how it will work, I don't have the answers.

saint1d

Head Gardener
Actually I Can believe Azzer receives such crap. Let's face it, it takes nowt for people to start *****ing to each other. Typical case of "you only sing when you're winning".

Rosa

Pruner
But there is a magical admin solution!... Bring back the puppeteer of creeping doom~ or bob man :)

Matthew

BANNED
I wonder how many people sent Azzer a message complaining about the powerblock due to this forums thread.

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I say we should bring back biomech rushes and tyrant drone mk3's. Keeps top alliance on it's toes. As for those at the bottom, maybe more bots with a more aggressive play stance? I don't know. But I do think that rushes for top alliances should be brought back.

Davis

Tree Surgeon

Ownage

I hope you realize he said anyround not just this round so that highly directed at you aswell, for starting wings, for continuing wings, and btw... you have wings right now, so your dont have balls or respect of others for thus far being worse than 7th place... you should be ashamed.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Ownage

I hope you realize he said anyround not just this round so that highly directed at you aswell, for starting wings, for continuing wings, and btw... you have wings right now, so your dont have balls or respect of others for thus far being worse than 7th place... you should be ashamed.

It's still ownage Davis

(btw, top notch on the deepening quote.. woot woot!)

WildDisease

Pruner
This round is no different to any other round, but hell we have a gripes forum, so I'm going to take my chance to have my own gripe about players!

Whenever there's a rank 1 alliance that's not winning by it's own merit (ie it's achieving it's goals through more embarassing means - wings, naps, allies, spies - stuff that really is only a victory on paper/technical game score terms, but has the rest of the playerbase pointing and laughing at them), I always get mails from loads of people that aren't in those alliances mailing me complaining, and asking/expecting some sort of magic solution from me. I've never actually had a solution from anyone that complains, it's generally "Azzer those guys are ruining the round...!" type mails, as if suggesting I should step in with some magical solution just to satisfy their whims, without actually offering anything tangible. My response is usually the same;

My response;

Bring back the CRA noob :mad:

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
Do you ever get love messages?
Because if not I'm gonna start sending you one daily.