Giving up 10 days into the round

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Seriously people? We aren't even 10 days into the round yet, and everywhere I'm seeing such a defeatist attitude. So many people complaining that the TBA powerblock has already won the round. No, they damn well have not, if people could be bothered to stand up to them one at a time. Ranks 2 and 3 in particular are prime targets to be taken down by some sort of resistance. Clip the wings of the powerblock. Look at the alliance standings. Combine ranks 4 and 5, and that's bigger than either 2 or 3. Combine 4-7 (it could work) and what we have is better than double the score of either 2 or 3. The rest of the powerblock obviously can't defend against an attack on their wings, the best they can do is send a counter attack and steal a few acres. The round is not over. With some coordination, some cooperation, and some balls, this round can and should be a war. Don't surrender when the war is still only beginning.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Absolutely agree. I don't know why so many jump on the bye bye train or moan how Azzer should do something for the powerblock to be removed. Longer or shorter periods of time when 2 or 3 allies worked togeter happened before, some had happy ending as far as i remember :p
Look at it as a bigger than usual challenge. You're moaning because you wanted to have a better chance at beeing at top ? Well tough luck this round you have to put some extra effort into it. Better timing, better diplo, better organization. 3 allies are not undefeateble by any means and even more, each of them wants to win so i doubt they'll stay together till end.
You're angry ? Great ! Use that in your advantage ! Instead letting it to demoralise you, let it build up so when the time comes you'll be hungry for their blood :D

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
never_give_up_never_surrender.jpg

Hobbezak

Garden Designer
2hg920y.jpg

edit: Maybe that might be interpreted offtopic, so to go ontopic:
10 days -> Everything can still happen, let's hope an ally will want to backstab TBA soon, and ask for help from other alliances. ;)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
If no resistence comes soon most of us will prolly quit anyway :p

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
If no resistence comes soon most of us will prolly quit anyway :p

/me imagines the chance alliance room

<Iceofire> Twigley -> "If no resistence comes soon most of us will prolly quit anyway :p"
<Iceofire> CANCEL THE RESISTANCE

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
well in all fairness the game would be better off without you imo ;)

so, hold the resistance, and let 'em quit! Good riddance to bad rubbish lol

WildDisease

Pruner
I find it kind of sad twigs/JJ won't battle it out for who has the bigger e-penis :O
I have my money on twigs.

Unapproved on the grounds of trolling/flaming. - HG

Last edited by a moderator:

IceOfFire

Garden Designer
Oh no!! Are you guys getting bored?

Shame your power blocking then really isnt it!

Rosa

Pruner
I would have thought the resistance would have taken the powerblock out 1 by 1 out with mass bashing already~ Oh well looks like the games changed for worse in the new age :<

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Well, why would anyone want to give them anything to do? They've made their bed, now they can sit on it and be bored ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would have thought the resistance would have taken the powerblock out 1 by 1 out with mass bashing already~ Oh well looks like the games changed for worse in the new age :<

Definitely no rule changes or game mechanic changes to prevent this - this is purely a player mentality change :p

Though the game has always lacked a sort of official "resistance" mechanic - ie some sort of in-built feature designed specifically to allow a resistance, that would be "fun" for all involved (but provide an actual/genuine risk/challenge to the top), and be un-abusable (eg used outside of resistances, or used by people who pretend to be in the resistance but are really friends with the top ranks and want to subvert the resistance).

I do think it might be time to start thinking up some cool stuff. Something a little more than mere adrenaline rushes...

Satureum

Pruner
I think that rank 2 and 3 should just mass rank 1's ass. Get some interesting things going, lmao.

Yes, I am part of an alliance that had some douche bag join, get our ID's, then delete their ID, and we've been getting waved since the start. But we're still holding up! At the moment no big plans to steal rank 1 away, though, :p

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
Though the game has always lacked a sort of official "resistance" mechanic - ie some sort of in-built feature designed specifically to allow a resistance, that would be "fun" for all involved (but provide an actual/genuine risk/challenge to the top)

I do think it might be time to start thinking up some cool stuff. Something a little more than mere adrenaline rushes...

i know this isnt a suggestion thread, but maybe the alliance HQ developments could involve sum sorta weapon, magic or perk (i cant think of the right term) and regenerates every 100ticks or so (or even have to pay another 500bill or so to dev it again). eg, make your alliances units attack at double strength for 10 ticks, or give them extra armor for 5ticks., or one that negates these bonuses. cause i am still a noob , but i dontreally see any of the HQ units in any fights, so i assume they are redundant and aren't used anymore

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Timthetyrant, being waved by the top ally and they could have their units perform x2 at any given moment? You'll never know when you'd be up for a "fake" wave or when you'd have to get twice as many units defending in order to win the battle.

Imo this involves too much luck, and favor the attacking ally too much.

However, if you meant HQ units, it's redundant as nobody attacks with them, and the allies being bashed by the powerblock wont have the funds to quickly build up a feasible HQ army.

It is however, true that the HQ units are less used that most of everything else, but hopefully that will change with Azzer redesigning the HQ. (See suggestions)