Union 30B - Bushtarion on Strike! | R30

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I almost choked there!

n0c0ntr0l...you dont think your a n00b?
Lol, i've been playing this game in radio silence solo since round 7 on and off. Most times placing top 150 without much activity. I know how to play. It's only the last 3 rounds I've decided to take an active partixipation in alliances. But hey if you don't believe me come test me. Just because someone has only been talking for a few rounds doesn't mean they don't know how to play.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
F0xx you hit the nail on the head tbh, its easy to big yourself up when your on top.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
F0xx you hit the nail on the head tbh, its easy to big yourself up when your on top.

Most people are arrogant as hell when they're on top until they realise it means absolutely bugger all. :p

n0c0ntr0l

Harvester
I never said that I was amazing. I never even said I am good. All I said was that I am not a n00b. And don't try and claim I am one, whilst there are obvious n00bs lounging around at the bottom!

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator
BAH!
TBA this, TBA that.

You've all seen powerblocks rounds before, I'm sure, so please, I'm really starting to get bored of hearing the same thing over and over on these forums.

Deal with it, or please, do STFU.

No-Dachi

Official Helper
I do not agree with the original post on this matter. There is no reason to boycott a game because someone decides to f*ck with it, and everyone playing it. We'll deal with the arrogant ones our way, and boycotting a good game because of some ****s playing it is definitely not my way.

I realize your frustrated, and tbh I've had my emotional outbursts myself (although in private channels), but this is not doing anything good. The reason this powerblock is so bad is that the active player base has reached an all-time low. If we had three or four times the players, this wouldn't be as bad, as there'd be more people to form a resistance from, and more people for everyone to hit. Now, with them controlling 10% of the player base, everyone is forced to hit the same targets. They hit the top 4-6 alliances, which in turn are farming the same players over and over again to recoup from the losses they take. This leads to yet more people quitting, and before you start with this bs about previous powerblocks it is not the same! With more players the damage and incoming is spread out, and less players are likely to leave because of it.

Now, this thread does nothing to solve this matter. In fact, it makes it worse by deterring new players. Please, please think through threads like these before making them. Or at the very least put it in the gripes section, so that new players might get that this is merely the frustration of one player, not the game going down the drain.

I'm truly sorry that experienced players are acting and damaging the game in such a fashion, but in the end it is their choice to do it, and the very least we can do is to try our best to stop the ripples from spreading too far.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think the best and most fun solution would be for one of those powerblocks to attack/fight/kill off one of the other 2 - at a "suprise" moment. They'll either pwn them by suprise and rape their land, or they'll cause a load of damage but die in the process, either way it'd be a hell of a laugh (in my opinion, I mean - that's the sort of think I would enjoy if I played anyway), would create interest for the entire round, and the players that did it would make the round's history books/generate a lot of kudos from the rest of the playerbase.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
I think the best and most fun solution would be for one of those powerblocks to attack/fight/kill off one of the other 2 - at a "suprise" moment. They'll either pwn them by suprise and rape their land, or they'll cause a load of damage but die in the process, either way it'd be a hell of a laugh (in my opinion, I mean - that's the sort of think I would enjoy if I played anyway), would create interest for the entire round, and the players that did it would make the round's history books/generate a lot of kudos from the rest of the playerbase.

i think thats jsut it with conjunction with Dachi's post, these active players care less about there good rep and more about gaining and advantage and winning how it should be done, with hard graft and endless fun

most the guys even doing this powerblock think its a farse and are complaining that they have little targets, yet they dont do anything about it, have YOUR own opinion, do what you think is right, all be it you may end up dying but you gain alot more respect from the playerbase that way

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is only my playstyle, everyone in those top three alliances may disagree, but for me, this is how I think when I play a game like this;

I would rather be lower ranked, kicking arse, earning a reputation, having a wild ride and living "on the edge" (eg - actually having viable enemies that are capable of crushing me if I don't keep on top of things), than be rank 1 on paper but have done not a lot to deserve it/have nothing to do but "bash newbs" when I got there.

Also, I couldn't be part of an alliance that went against my philosophy - I wouldn't say "I hate powerblocks" and actually sit in one - I'd take my alliance apart from the inside out if they didn't want to go crazy, or drag some like-minded individuals away with me and form my own alliance that played for fun, respect, and lolz.

In another web-game I played for around 2 years, I was in an alliance that was "mid to high ranked", had less members than just about every single other alliance above and below us, could have been crushed by any of the larger alliances, but we just didn't care about rank - we played hardcore actively but "fairly" every single day, and we earned one hell of a reputation for it. We also earned a reputation for being crazy - we'd accept surrender terms from enemies but only if they hand-drew an "MS Paint" along some crazy vaguely themed idea related to our alliance/their alliance, and we only recruited alliance members that submitted an MS Painting (again hand-drawn amateur-style MS paints, not simply images copy & pasted off the web or professional Photoshop artwork) first. It's this sort of "fun playstyle" that really earns you a name, and is much more fun.

I just couldn't play Bushtarion and be in a powerblock like the one that currently exists - I'd genuinely feel ashamed if I just sat there and played with them.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
This is only my playstyle, everyone in those top three alliances may disagree, but for me, this is how I think when I play a game like this;

I would rather be lower ranked, kicking arse, earning a reputation, having a wild ride and living "on the edge" (eg - actually having viable enemies that are capable of crushing me if I don't keep on top of things), than be rank 1 on paper but have done not a lot to deserve it/have nothing to do but "bash newbs" when I got there.

Also, I couldn't be part of an alliance that went against my philosophy - I wouldn't say "I hate powerblocks" and actually sit in one - I'd take my alliance apart from the inside out if they didn't want to go crazy, or drag some like-minded individuals away with me and form my own alliance that played for fun, respect, and lolz.

In another web-game I played for around 2 years, I was in an alliance that was "mid to high ranked", had less members than just about every single other alliance above and below us, could have been crushed by any of the larger alliances, but we just didn't care about rank - we played hardcore actively but "fairly" every single day, and we earned one hell of a reputation for it. We also earned a reputation for being crazy - we'd accept surrender terms from enemies but only if they hand-drew an "MS Paint" along some crazy vaguely themed idea related to our alliance/their alliance, and we only recruited alliance members that submitted an MS Painting (again hand-drawn amateur-style MS paints, not simply images copy & pasted off the web or professional Photoshop artwork) first. It's this sort of "fun playstyle" that really earns you a name, and is much more fun.

I just couldn't play Bushtarion and be in a powerblock like the one that currently exists - I'd genuinely feel ashamed if I just sat there and played with them.

Completely agreed.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

There was a similar plan to do something fun.
But then it became fun to watch people whine :(

I've already been on the end of 3/4/5/6 v 1 nearly every time i lead or be in a top alliance.
By the same people that we are doing it to now.

So :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've already been on the end of 3/4/5/6 v 1 nearly every time i lead or be in a top alliance.
By the same people that we are doing it to now.

So :)

I couldn't change my own philosophies just because others played by different ones to me. It's a poor excuse, and in fact, I don't think it can be seen as a valid excuse at all. A vegetarian doesn't eat meat just because they saw somebody else doing it (generally... I know bacon sarnies can be tempting to weaker willed people though ;)). Poor excuse to try and dismiss your own current poor playstyle, in my personal opinion as a gamer, and people will remember the times you play bad more than the times you play good. So whether or not you have played against the odds in the past, you are not currently that kind of player - and that's what would matter to me, even if it doesn't matter to you! But I am sure the rest of the playerbase will look at you nothing more than a rank-chasing power-blocking player now, whatever skills or crazyness you have shown in the past. And if you don't fix that, that image will remain for a long time.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
I play how i want.
I don't care how other people see me and i havn't for the past 27/28 rounds i have played in.
I play this game to have fun with the people i am allied with.
I don't need you to tell me what you think is wrong and what you think of me.

Philosophies might not change but attitudes to other players do.
If you think me napping 2 alliances to get to the top is a poor current playstyle then 70% of the allies in the past also have/had the same problem.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I play how i want.
I don't care how other people see me and i havn't for the past 27/28 rounds i have played in.
I play this game to have fun with the people i am allied with.
I don't need you to tell me what you think is wrong and what you think of me.

Philosophies might not change but attitudes to other players do.
If you think me napping 2 alliances to get to the top is a poor current playstyle then 70% of the allies in the past also have/had the same problem.

As I said, not everyone will agree with my playstyles or philosophies I posted above - obviously you don't or you wouldn't have helped/taken part in the current situation. But my opinion as a long-time hardcore gamer stands, and how I would play a game stands. If 60 players want to look like newbs/wimps/cowards/rank-queens - that's up to them - whether or not they use the excuse of "Well others have done it in the past so we can too!" or not.

But some of the names in those alliances are people I thought differently of because of how they have played in the past... though as I said, good deeds in the past are quickly over-ridden by bad deeds done in the present.

And no, you don't need me to tell you anything - but you only say that because you don't want me to. I'm entitled to give my opinion as a gamer as to what I think about your current alliance, your current playstyle, and everyone working with you, whether you need me to or not. And I've given it, and that opinion of your current style of play won't change, nor would it change in any web-game I ever played about any player that cared more about rank than style.

Style > Rank, always.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
And i'm entitled to give my opinion that what your talking is complete BS to try and stir the pot because - we are currently discussing this in a thread aimed at boycotting your game.
And if you think this is all about rank you obviously have taken too much time out of the game from previous rounds to know anything about history of "Lude".

Shutting up > Whining, always.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator
youve gone for rank 1 every round, your point means what exactly? LOL

personally i think youve took the easy option, and when one of you gets fed up you'll back-stab the other, the point is whos gonna get the balls first?

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
youve gone for rank 1 every round, your point means what exactly? LOL

personally i think youve took the easy option, and when one of you gets fed up you'll back-stab the other, the point is whos gonna get the balls first?

How many allies has Twigley started and then bailed? Just curious. Twigs is so fond of telling others to shut up, yet he never takes his own advice. You'd think he'd show a bit more respect to Azzer, Imho.

Guess why.

RedTube massed by 3 allies + 10 Bunker players on day 2.
For 2 weeks non stop.
Then we went to rank 3.

Top 2 allies powerblocked.
We tried to attack rank 2.
Rank 1 retalled.

1 more week of no sleep.
I quit.

Thank's HG, i forgot about that.