• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Allow payments via moneybookers

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Why don't we have this yet? Moneybookers is one of the biggest sites of those kind. Currently even though I want, I cannot purchase credits and buy my p-unit. I tried making a paypal account but there is some idiotic mistake which doesn't let me connect my debit card to my account.

If I want to purchase the credits directly from my debit card it asks for a ton of bullshit information like "Billing Adress" and ofcourse I know my adress, I just do not know how I have to enter it in that field since my native language doesn't use the latin alphabet.

So yeah, back to the original suggestion - allow purchases from moneybookers?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I could add all the payment systems in the world, and there'll always be somebody that doesn't like them ;) PayPal's probably the "easiest" system for most (though personally I still always prefer paying direct on my credit card if I ever get the option), but WorldPay covers pretty much everyone else.

Have you tried actually entering your billing address in WorldPay? WorldPay's an international payment system, I can't see them struggling with payments from Bulgaria (in fact, they list it in their list of supported countries, which is pretty much every single country in the world). I'm not sure being asked for your billing address when you make a purchase online could be considered a "tonne of bullscrap" - it's pretty standard, and a safety feature ;)

ViVi

Pruner
Why don't we have this yet? Moneybookers is one of the biggest sites of those kind. Currently even though I want, I cannot purchase credits and buy my p-unit. I tried making a paypal account but there is some idiotic mistake which doesn't let me connect my debit card to my account.

If I want to purchase the credits directly from my debit card it asks for a ton of bullshit information like "Billing Adress" and ofcourse I know my adress, I just do not know how I have to enter it in that field since my native language doesn't use the latin alphabet.

So yeah, back to the original suggestion - allow purchases from moneybookers?

Well, if you're having problems in that regard then I suggest you send a polite email to WorldPay support in regards to your billing address and how to enter it, or provide them with it, without causing yourself undue difficulty. I am sure it'll be a relatively easy solution.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I could add all the payment systems in the world, and there'll always be somebody that doesn't like them ;)

I am not asking you to add all the payment systems in the world. I am asking you to add one of the major.

Moneybookers is quite a stardart site to make payments via, especially for gaming purposes. I have found it the easiest site to register on. Actually that is the only site I could register on and use without any problems.

And yes, I have tried to enter my billing address countless amounts of time.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Countless? I just counted 1 attempt from your IP, and that was only after my reply :p I looked in to it, and you entered your billing address fine, but the card issuer refused the payment as "possibly fraudulent", which it does after comparing your IP, your address, your details, and the country you are purchasing from (the UK) to the details provided etc. - there can be any number of reasons for it returning "fraud suspicion" on a purchase, including the volume of fraud payments from that area/address/IP/country (perhaps Bulgaria has a higher fraud rate than most), to your bank having "high security" meaning it automatically refuses payments you try to make to other countries (to try and protect you from your card being stolen). You might want to look in to "Verified By Visa" - WorldPay supports this, and it's a way of securing your card and thus guaranteeing payments are successful on your card. This is available to visa credit cards. Mastercard also do similar with "Mastercard securecode". You can contact your bank/card supplier if you want to set this up (though most do it automatically for you the first time you try to buy with those cards online).

Note that this doesn't mean you'd always have this problem purchasing everywhere - different payment sites have different security levels - meaning some can accept payments from just about anyone, anywhere, anytime - they simply charge the merchants (eg me) much more for each purchase, or charge the merchant everytime there's a chargeback, so the merchants suffer in the end whenever is a fraud purchase anytime. I prefer to stick to sites with good fraud systems ;)

You can try contacting your card issuer (which is likely your bank) and they can actually check that you attempted a payment, and can tell you why it went wrong (if it's the bank that refused it), otherwise you can contact WorldPay.

Alternatively you could just try sorting your PayPal account out - PayPal's much more widely supported than "MoneyBookers", has better fraud prevention systems, and is better for me.

To set up a moneybookers merchant account too, I would start losing a lot more money - the more merchant accounts I setup, the more income is spread through each site - the less money going through each site, the higher the charges on every transaction I am charged!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Azzer said:
To set up a moneybookers merchant account too, I would start losing a lot more money - the more merchant accounts I setup, the more income is spread through each site - the less money going through each site, the higher the charges on every transaction I am charged!

You could have started with that, rather than saying what you did (the part I quoted).

By saying I have tried it countless times I was not lying. I have tried it for different sites (TribalWars for example) and reasons (sport betting) and it didn't work then, so I had no reason to even attempt it here, since I just knew it would not work.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Paypal are racist. They don't even have romania in their list if you want to create new account.