• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Having a +1 or "likes this" system

Matthew

BANNED
In forums I am currently getting aggrovated by the outbreak of the "QFT" rubbish which are now consisting of about 50% of all posts made in the last week or so. So i propose in order to cut the crap down that just take up posts make it so you can "support" or like a post without actually having to post QFT. Giving it a similar way to which youtube comments are supported with the thumbs up and thumbs down thing or facebooks "like this".

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Great idea. Thumbs up! :)

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
This has been raised on the moderator forums and it has been decided, with input from Azzer, that QFT is an acceptable way of showing your approval for something. Albeit in one word.

The reason being, people should be able to agree with people without then having to say "because".

It may not be as complicated as that, you may just agree with them outright and have nothing else to add.

I'm sorry you feel that way though :/

Matthew

BANNED
This has been raised on the moderator forums and it has been decided, with input from Azzer, that QFT is an acceptable way of showing your approval for something. Albeit in one word.

The reason being, people should be able to agree with people without then having to say "because".

It may not be as complicated as that, you may just agree with them outright and have nothing else to add.

yeah i know its acceptable hence this being in suggestions not gripes. I think this is a far more constructive way of expressing your opinion on a post. Hypothetically speaking if 10 people agree with someones post and they all quote it saying QFT, that is an ENTIRE PAGE of QFT and useless reading, whereas with one of these systems being implemented into the forums, 10 people could express their approval or agreement of a post without actually adding any posts or useless reading for a viewer.

I do not think you read my post at all in all honesty and just decided to take it as a gripe, i feel that constructively suggesting a solution to an annoyance is far better than complaining about it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I think the idea could work, depending how the players/forum browsers use it. It could work well like on youtube, or it will be abused to hell and back like the reputation function we had earlier on the forums.

personally i do enjoy the use of Qft, but it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world to switch over to the 'like this' idea. No harm, no foul, sounds good!

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

yeah i know its acceptable hence this being in suggestions not gripes. I think this is a far more constructive way of expressing your opinion on a post. Hypothetically speaking if 10 people agree with someones post and they all quote it saying QFT, that is an ENTIRE PAGE of QFT and useless reading, whereas with one of these systems being implemented into the forums, 10 people could express their approval or agreement of a post without actually adding any posts or useless reading for a viewer.

I do not think you read my post at all in all honesty and just decided to take it as a gripe, i feel that constructively suggesting a solution to an annoyance is far better than complaining about it.

I didn't take it as a gripe Chewie. On a practical level I'm not sure such a feature could be implemented?

As for complaining about your possible solution, I was merely trying to tell you that I'd raised the "issue" of "QTF" being considered spam, and that Azzer's response was this:

Azzer said:
Yeah they're fine. I've been on enough forums myself where I've wanted to "show my support" for somebody elses post/suggestion/opinion, without having (or without being bothered) to add anything new myself.

Which in retrospect I agree with. But if someone can find a plugin for vbulletin that has a +1 "Likes" feature, or something, then there's nothing stopping them suggesting it is implemented.

Whether Azzer will bother simply to indulge those who don't like the letters QFT, I'm sure :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Isn't rep something close to that ? You don't spam the topic but you can give the poster a thumbs up :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Isn't rep something close to that ? You don't spam the topic but you can give the poster a thumbs up :p

we already proved the playerbase can't handle that kind of power and responsibility but we still can give positive rep so I guess it's not all bad. I do think that positive rep without a negative rep comparison is just pointless.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
qft doesnt mean you agree with the post.....

it only means that the user wants the "quote" to be saved so the "quoted user" cant change his his originally posted post....

therefore i laugh at all the people who say qft while they mean that they only agree :)

so people... if you want to look intelligent, learn the rules of engagement.

:razz:

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

it only means that the user wants the "quote" to be saved so the "quoted user" cant change his his originally posted post....

therefore i laugh at all the people who say qft while they mean that they only agree :)

I disagree with this..ive never used "QFT" to make sure somebody cant change their post...i use it when what the person has said is exactly what i want to say/was thinking so have nothing to add...but want to state that i agree.

x

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

I disagree with this..ive never used "QFT" to make sure somebody cant change their post...i use it when what the person has said is exactly what i want to say/was thinking so have nothing to add...but want to state that i agree.

x

Quoted For Truth

read the words.....

it isn't short for "I agree" now is it?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

QFT! (1st time I've ever used it but it is needed for this post!)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Quoted For Truth

read the words.....

Sure it can... if you quote something for truth, it can be like saying "What this person says is true!", which can be interpreted as "I agree with this person - what they say is true". The beauty of language! ;)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Quoted For Truth

read the words.....

Sure it can... if you quote something for truth, it can be like saying "What this person says is true!", which can be interpreted as "I agree with this person - what they say is true". The beauty of language! ;)

Qft

(sorry..but its definately relevant in this case)

I would elaborate but my point is exactly what Azzer said.
x

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
you can take your QFT and shove it up...

wait no thats not decent sorry, i dislike all the QFT rubbish almost as much as i despise the wtf komodo nonsense on irc
it just clogs up threads with dozens of meaningless posts, i dont see the point!!!!!!

<3

WildDisease

Pruner
Example use:

<AaRoN> Sometimes I think many of you Ops are insults just to look at...but I'm sure lots of you thought that about me while I was an Op.
<WildDisease> hahaha
<WildDisease> +1 AaRoN
<WildDisease> :)
* WildDisease likes this (Y)

Lmfao :)

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
just had a quick peek at wikiwonderworld and it said:

"Quoted For Truth" - "qft" is a label used on Internet forums when someone quotes a debated statement, thereby ensuring that the original statement can not be edited or deleted by the person being quoted. Later also used as a sign of agreement with another poster.

damn you new age kids!

old school ftw!

etc etc.

and i bet Azzer just added that to the wiki page! ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

x

Qft

Podunk

Head Gardener
Forums are to discuss things, not clog threads with QTF because you agree. If you don't have anything new to post then don't. Stop making me see QTF after every post its a waste of space.

If you support something or someone. At the very least say why you liked their post.