Azzer's Down & Out!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just thought I'd let everyone know that as of about last Saturday, I've pretty much taken myself on "sick leave" (I'm here and there doing bits, but not much). Have been having serious problems with a wisdom tooth, and yesterday had an emergency appointment to have it removed at the hospital. Took best part of an hour to remove one wisdom tooth due to a bit of a complication - the root of my tooth was curved in to a sort of "hook" at the end, and had hooked itself around a large nerve that runs under your jaw which connects to your chin, lower lip, and tongue, so they have to be very careful to try to minimise disruption to it.

Unfortunately some damage has been done - over half of my tongue is numb, and everything I eat/drink tastes like it has a weird sweetener in it. I'm also suffering a hell of a lot of pain, can't eat anything solid, and can open my mouth no more than about an inch (no funny jokes about any rude acts between consenting adults here! :p). There is no way to know if the tongue numbness and altered taste is temporary or permanent - it's likely to be temporary (which can be weeks or even months), but there is a chance it's permanent! Never again will drinking tea be the same if so :( (I always have tea without sugar).

I'm dosing myself up on a lot of painkillers so can't really concentrate on work, and I figure I'll be out for a good week or so.

Just wanted to let everyone know not to expect much from me, and I'll either put the tutorial system in and simply make it end at step 9 for now, or wait until I'm sorted and then get back to work on that and the rest of my to-do list.

Souls

Official Helper
Well that's no good. Hopefully your taste discoloration is temporary! I couldn't stand if everything I ate had to go with a bit of sweetener. ;) Get well soon!

(Good thing you got the new staff thing out of the way, right? ;D)

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer
Very sad to hear this all Azzer.
I wish you will get better ASAP. Could you think of maybe concentrating that much to let us know on where we are going with things and then what will not be made untill round start. I am sure we all can live with these kind of unpredictable things. We only as players would like to hear stuff like:
"tutorial wont manage to make it to round" be said so we would know where we stand.

All in all, much more important than anything else is your health, take your time and get better!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Uh oh, loss of tea lovin is not good!!! Hope your feeling better soon mate, are you souping it to the max right now? Go for the minestrone! I love that one!

As far as thing such as the tutorial goes, i would suggest leaving the tutorial until next round...maybe once your finalised some things have a few people "beta test" it then you can inplement it at the same time as your advertising campaign.

Definately dont worry too much about it while your ill!!

Get well soon!
x

Elderveld

Official Helper
Ouch! thats not good at all! hope it gets over soon! Imagine how beer would taste whit some sweetness in it!!

i remember when my wisdom tooth got removed!
i walked out of the hospital and saw this smooking hot girl, who at first laughed at me whit some sexy smile just knowing she wanted me!!
but since i still did not had any feelings in my mouth/toung or w/e i forgot to keep my head back, and saw some slime as much as the Niagra falls fall out of my mounth whit some blood....... she quickly turned her head and moved on....

God that was ambarrasing! :'(

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
*makes a joke about England not actually having dentists*

Along the lines of this, i was recently in florida...and i saw there a 24 hour dentist!!! 24 hours a day...who needs a dentist at 4am enough to warrant them staying open all that time...

also, who is booking appointments though the night? Americans really are crazy ;-)

x

f0xx

Landscape Designer
I hate dentists, I just had a very unpleasent "meeting" with one today... all the best to you and I wish you a sooner recovery.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Get well soon!

I remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, fortunantely mine was without any major incidents (they did have slight problems waking me up...I'm a light-weight :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Along the lines of this, i was recently in florida...and i saw there a 24 hour dentist!!! 24 hours a day...who needs a dentist at 4am enough to warrant them staying open all that time...

also, who is booking appointments though the night? Americans really are crazy ;-)

x

i bet Azzer would've liked to get to a dentist ASAP pinpower ;)

Also, if you're in real agony, obviously the sooner you get seen the better, it's just a symptom of human 'NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW' instant gratification.

Either way, All the best Azzer, teeth are the worst thing to injure, second to feet. Get well soon!

No-Dachi

Official Helper
Pinpower: we have that in Norway too. Sometimes it's an emergency, and you can't really tell your body not to feel pain, or your nerves not to take any damage 'till 8 o'clock the next morning.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah, i understand that sometimes it is an emergency...but over here we can go to the hospital for dental emergencies...im just wondering how many times that happens (in one local area) to warrant a 24 hour dentist...

It just seems so bizarre here...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
something related to teeth isn't really a life threatening injury so i wouldn't ever warrant going to a hospital unless you're like spurting blood or your head is going to blow up or something. I dunno, pain in your teeth isn't serious enough to warrant going to a hospital, that's why we have dentists, to take care of our teeth so hospitals don't have to; so they can spend time concerned with more important life threatening kinds of illnesses/injuries/epidemics/what have you.

That is, in some part, the *reason* we have specialized doctors, so that hospitals won't be swamped with every single little thing, you can streamline the flow of sick/injured so that they technically can get the most efficient care. Now that's not often the reality, but i can understand a logic behind it.