Staff Recruitment Fallout

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I've talked to a couple of people who've been rejected in their quest to become members of the bushtarion staff. We've all received a rather pro forma cookie cutter email which apart from detailing whether or not we were accepted doesn't give anything approaching a reason.

Are there follow up emails in the works to explain why we were rejected? At least a word or two of reasoning would be nice. Either an email or a private chat explaining why quickly would suffice. Thanks Azzer!

Satureum

Pruner
What about those of us with no reply as of yet? Not quite sure how long you said it'd take to get a reply, but a week should have been good I would think.

I'm good with just a yes or no, I'd just like to know, lol, your reasons are your own.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Applications have been rejected on numerous grounds, ranging from "too many" of that staff, to concerns about the behaviour of those people past or present that might stem too deep to be resolvable, to complaints received from other users about those people, to the application itself not demonstrating what is being looked for in staff (the application questions were designed to help detect whether people wanted the roles for the "right reasons" etc.).

There's a lot of possible reasons for being rejected, and I felt that to go in to detail on each would, in some cases, require me to get altogether too "personal" with people - and I speak from past experience here - doing so is not a good thing, regardless of how many people may claim that they won't be offended or really want to hear the reasons.

Therefore I decided that the most professional thing to do was to issue a blanket "Thank you for your application, much time was put in to the decision, but you have not been accepted" type message to all applicants who did not get the roles they applied for.

I will not be giving any specifics on rejection reasons to any individuals, in public or in private.

I hope you understand the position I have had to take in this matter, and the reasons why I took that decision.

Nothing personal is intended in any rejection - and that is why I have kept the rejections neutral, because I've been in plenty of situations in the past where people did take things like this personally, and old friends that I refused prior positions have fallen out with me or other players over it etc.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Applications have been rejected on numerous grounds, ranging from "too many" of that staff, to concerns about the behaviour of those people past or present that might stem too deep to be resolvable, to complaints received from other users about those people, to the application itself not demonstrating what is being looked for in staff (the application questions were designed to help detect whether people wanted the roles for the "right reasons" etc.).

There's a lot of possible reasons for being rejected, and I felt that to go in to detail on each would, in some cases, require me to get altogether too "personal" with people - and I speak from past experience here - doing so is not a good thing, regardless of how many people may claim that they won't be offended or really want to hear the reasons.

Therefore I decided that the most professional thing to do was to issue a blanket "Thank you for your application, much time was put in to the decision, but you have not been accepted" type message to all applicants who did not get the roles they applied for.

I will not be giving any specifics on rejection reasons to any individuals, in public or in private.

I hope you understand the position I have had to take in this matter, and the reasons why I took that decision.

Nothing personal is intended in any rejection - and that is why I have kept the rejections neutral, because I've been in plenty of situations in the past where people did take things like this personally, and old friends that I refused prior positions have fallen out with me or other players over it etc.

Ya, that is why I didn't apply, coz I knew you would reject me and then I would take it personally and then I will try to flame, you will ban... so on... ugly story.

Besides my ego is big enough already and I don't really need my name written in different color <3 :)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I understand the reasoning now that you've laid it out but that hardly makes it more palatable.

Congratulations to the new staff, enjoy your digs! ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be announcing the new staff once I've heard back from everybody who I've sent the acceptance PM's to, to make sure they still want the role and have "acknowledged" it before I go announcing their names in public!

tomtree

Head Gardener
I'll be announcing the new staff once I've heard back from everybody who I've sent the acceptance PM's to, to make sure they still want the role and have "acknowledged" it before I go announcing their names in public!

oh, ok, sounds good. :D

flameharvester

Head Gardener
Rejected applicants

Rejected applicants

Just want to say somethings.

People who applied to be Moderators or to fill in any other role shouldnt be to down about it, they need to realise that a rejection for these roles is not a permanant one. Eventually Azzer will need more people to fill these positions and from a Very large amount of personal experience the best way to insure you get the position next time is to step up and become involved In the community.

Follow the rules, Involve yourself in discussions and show Azzer your worthy of the position.
Remember this and dont worry to much about your rejections :p

Congradulations to those who recieved postions and better luck next time to those who didnt.