Argh!!!

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
It is there.....

When you login click the 'remember me' button. Infact, exactly the same as it was before...

Nitrous

Head Gardener
No Martin, it is not the same as before.

The old forums, there was an "Log me in automatically" (or something like that) box to where you ticked it.

The "Remember me" fills the Username / Password for you. Does NOT log you in automatically when you visit the forums.

Mattheus

Head Gardener
Nitrous, Martin is correct. It really does keep you logged in, just like the old forums :p
Something is wrong on your end I'm afraid.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
it always logs me on automatically...are you going to the page manually or clicking "forums" from in-game? Or using the IP address thingy?

Anything different which might cause it?
x

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
The first couple of times I had to log in myself, but now it seems to do it for me. Spooky.

It's possible the first few times you were being flip-flopped (official term) between the two servers which was overwriting/doing weird stuff with cookies. Nevertheless, if all is well now, great stuff!

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bring back automatic login on forums!!! :'(

Just to add to the posts above.... as per the messages from admin message on your overview in-game... make sure you are now back to using the domain name, not the IP address. Eg you should be using:

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/

NOT:
http://64.62.134.208/forums/

Using the IP address can cause problems with cookies - and cookies are needed by the forums to "remember you logged on". (if it's not keeping you logged on, then you have a cookie problem!)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon
And it that case he should start using digestive biscuits instead lol

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Er, I am using www.bushtarion.com and not the IP address. But I am still losing cookies every time I login. My broswer doesn't delete them, as I have all my other passwords to various other websites saved.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
Are we talking Game Cookies (ie cookie allowance) here, Nitrous?
If so, what've you tried so far in terms of a solution?

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you're talking the forum cookies, then it's definitely something your end. Actually, the game cookies are fixed now, so if you're having any problems at all with cookies on the game or the forums, and you are using "www.bushtarion.com" as usual, then the problem is with your end... in which case, what web browser are you using?

Nitrous

Head Gardener
Weeble, I have tried checking a few of the settings to make sure the browser doesn't delete the cookies every time I delete them. But I have only being doing everything to the extent of my knowledge - which is limited when it comes to PCs. :(

Azzer, I am using FF3 (or whatever the latest one is).

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
You could try clearing your private data, in that case.
Go to Tools -> Clear Private Data and uncheck everything except for the following options:
  • Cache
  • Cookies
  • Offline Website Data
  • Authenticated Sessions
(so only the above list is selected) and then hit Clear Private Data Now. Might take a few seconds, but when it's done, go to File -> Exit and wait for Firefox to completely close down (and then wait a few more seconds just to make sure the process has ended!).

Restart Firefox and try logging in to Bushtarion/the Forums and seeing if the problem persists, then let us know!

Nitrous

Head Gardener
I had already tried that. But I done it again anyway and knew this was going to happen:

System Message:
No valid cookie was found this login. This may be because this is your first ever time to log on, you are using a new/different PC, or your previous cookie has been wiped. Your weekly invalid cookie limit is now at: 8. If this limit hits zero, admin will be informed and you will be unable to use any world 1 ID until the weekly limit is reset. Further details on this, along with brief instructions on enabling cookies, can be found in the game FAQ in the manual.

:'(

Azzer reset it earlier today, and im already two down. HELP :(

Nitrous
<3