• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Message to short

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure really. In fact, I actually agree, there shouldn't. I'm going to remove the minimum character limit on messages altogether. I mean if people spam, then the mods can deal with them. Don't need no min char limits that will only server to annoy!

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Ehm, perhaps I didn't structure the sentence clear enough and I have a feeling you think I was talking about the in-game messages while I wasn't.

In order to post a message here on the forums, it has to be at least 5 characters long, that is what I was talking about. Sorry for not being more clear.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
No, Azzer's also talking about the forums.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here we go :( More lol and rofl posts.
What constructive you can put to 5 letters and if it is not constructive why should it be posted?

If something is inappropriate, spammy, making the forums look bad and rubbish, it can be deleted. If there's a friendly fun thread and somebody's posted a joke, and you just want to put "Lol :D" or "Nice!", then I see no harm in it.

Sometimes the moderators have got to do a bit of work themselves, and put a bit of humanity in to moderating the forums!

And yes, I was talking about the forum message limit too, f0xx! I'll sort it later on :)