• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Alliance links

rawr

Weeder
In world view or search or what ever, if an alli is public, could we have a link to the alliance?
Like its just a name next to the person, can we click on it, so it takes us to the link on the alliances page.
That is all!
ty x
-Kelsey

rawr

Weeder
Re: Alliance links

Well, when i world view a guy, and it says hes in an alliance, it would just be easier to click a link to see what alli it is, rank of alli etc. I cant immagine that it would take that much code.

EDIT: Also if an allaince is public thier alliance name should appear in the players tooltip

rawr

Weeder

Cause its easier to click one link than 2?

rawr

Weeder

Well tbh, you could say the same thing for Player ID's and mails. And tooltips, all just lazyness?

Benneh

Tree Surgeon
Super Moderator

They are of use.

Now, if this idea was implemented into the tooltips, so you see alliance ranks etc.. in the tooltip when you hover over the alliance when searching through ID's, That'd be nice.. I just see no reason why to have alliance names in search clickable..

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I agree. Make it a link. Right now you have to sift through 3 pages of alliances to find the one you are looking for.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i was thinking why public allis dont appear on tool-tip i gues the common arguement is that the tool-tip is too big already?

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Cyrus said:
i was thinking why public allis dont appear on tool-tip i gues the common arguement is that the tool-tip is too big already?

Yeah, that sucks for an excuse though and the ally should appear in the tooltip if the ally is public.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i totally agree. dont mistake me giving a coutner arguement for me disagreeing.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

rawr said:
Well, when i world view a guy, and it says hes in an alliance, it would just be easier to click a link to see what alli it is, rank of alli etc. I cant immagine that it would take that much code.

EDIT: Also if an allaince is public thier alliance name should appear in the players tooltip

The edit ftw, I was thinking the same about that, the other not fussed either way.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Martin said:
The edit ftw, I was thinking the same about that, the other not fussed either way.

Agreed. As Garrett wrote in another thread, I'd be much happier having Azzer finish Age 5, then get around to aesthetic fixes like this.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Alcibiades said:
Agreed. As Garrett wrote in another thread, I'd be much happier having Azzer finish Age 5, then get around to aesthetic fixes like this.

Of course, but I assume Azzer knows how to prioritize, and will put this at the bottom of the list. Besides, the OP didn't ask for this to be implemented straight away, merely that it should be added.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

In Age 5 (parts of this will be later/during the course of the 1st round as it's more aesthetic than core), alliances will have their own "profile page", that is reachable by clicking an alliance name (which will really only be from the alliance ranks/list page, or when clicking the name of a public ally in pages like world view).

This "profile page" will simply list the alliance's banner, a "mail this alliance" link, a "Request to join" link, a few simple stats about the alliance (that could be expanded in future updates to something more enhanced but we'll see in the future there what people come up with), and the member-list if it's a public alliance.

On the subject of "profiles", clicking player names will no longer take you to the messages page with their ID filled out, instead they get a "player profile" page with similar things (and quick-links on this profile page for the four intelligence types, to add to friend list/ignore list, to mail them), and their account details (as in, account nickname, portal award stats) if they aren't playing anonymously.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Azzer said:
On the subject of "profiles", clicking player names will no longer take you to the messages page with their ID filled out, instead they get a "player profile" page with similar things (and quick-links on this profile page for the four intelligence types, to add to friend list/ignore list, to mail them), and their account details (as in, account nickname, portal award stats) if they aren't playing anonymously.

Oh I like this one very much, thumbs up!