Getting Xbox 360 this week

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Getting Xbox 360 this week

im not going to say PS3 sucks anus (but it does)

But in comparison there is no competition...360 ***** all over PS3

Satureum

Pruner

pinpower said:

But in comparison there is no competition...360 smeg all over PS3

I lol'ed^

XBL costs you out your ass to even use in the first place, it doesn't have wireless, it will destroy your game discs if it gets moved, and it seems as though every 12 year old child flocks to it and ruins every game online.

PS3 has nearly every game the 360 does, only different is they are better, PS3 online is free except for a few things as to be expected, it HAS wireless, it won't scratch up a disc if it moves just a little, and because it costs more than a Game Cube, not every 12 year olds' mom will buy one for them, instead they get a 360.

Think I've proved my point ;)

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

I had a PS3 and sold it, likewise I've had before both a 360 and wii before and suprise suprise I'm back to the 360 for one reason and one reason only... it wtfbbqpwns the PS3's ass.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Satureum said:
pinpower said:

I lol'ed^

XBL costs you out your ass to even use in the first place, it doesn't have wireless, it will destroy your game discs if it gets moved, and it seems as though every 12 year old child flocks to it and ruins every game online.

PS3 has nearly every game the 360 does, only different is they are better, PS3 online is free except for a few things as to be expected, it HAS wireless, it won't scratch up a disc if it moves just a little, and because it costs more than a Game Cube, not every 12 year olds' mom will buy one for them, instead they get a 360.

Smells like fanboy to me.
If I can buy 2 equally powerfull gaming machines and one costs 1/3rd of others, has much richer game count, has better network playability and everything else costs as much as for them more priced one why should I go for PS3?

You know that you are freaking idiot if you believe everything you hear from web... Sure you put your disc to yuor drive and turn it on and then go to shake it... What do you think it will do to your disks? It is freaking stupid to come here are tell how that could happen to anyone... If it does then it is that persons own fault if you ask from me. Also remember that blue rays are much much more untolerant to scratches which happens to be pretty normal to all CDs/DVDs. That same scratch on DVD where it corrupts bit of data on blur-ray means crap load of data.

I dont have any consoles, been thinking of getting xbox, am not fanboy (I hate all concoles and how they eat only real gaming platfor PCs games) and I honestly can say that there is no that big difference between those 2 that would make their price difference to be that huge... Sony made mistake thats it... Their price tag comes from blue-ray drive, and it is damn good drive too. In some tests it has actually beated all stand alone competitors. Yet it puts that concoles price tag so high that it cant keep up with XboX and that is the biggest weakness of the thing...

So to simplify, if you need blue-ray get PS3, if you dont then go for xbox, cause it gives you same with cheaper price.

Satureum

Pruner

Well damn. Didn't mean to cause an uproar of near flaming proportions, simply stated what was true.

I'm a 'fan-boy', as you put it, of the Nintendo 64, and will always be. I have both a 360 and PS3, I don't choose one or the other, they have their pro's and con's. Just wanted to point out the inadequacy of the 360 compared to the PS3. My mistake. lol

Regardless, as was stated, this is a thread about the XBox 360, and I am sorry for getting off topic.

Back on topic now. ;)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Well on the subject I have both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I'm definitely not a fanboy of them at all (I'm a PC gamer fanboi through & through ;) PC > console :p)... and I bought the PS3 first... but games wise, the Xbox 360 is much nicer. The graphics are a bit better on any game that's on both platforms, the controller/usability is nicer, the interface (the sort of "portal" or whatever it's called, you know the main system menu stuff) is much nicer on Xbox 360, and the game choice is a lot more diverse on the xbox. Xbox's store is a lot better than PS3's store too.

The PS3 has a few exclusives, and the PS3 can play Blu-Ray's (and at the time of purchase was cheaper than any standalone blu-ray player, which was a huge score) - I love "Pain" on the PS3 :p But if I wanted a game that was on both consoles, I would always pick the XBox 360 one, and if I was to pick between the two as a gaming console, I'd pick the Xbox 360.

To deny any of that could be nothing but plain fanboism, or I guess an unlucky bad experience with Xbox 360 over the PS3.

Satureum

Pruner

Azzer said:
Well on the subject I have both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, I'm definitely not a fanboy of them at all (I'm a PC gamer fanboi through & through ;) PC > console :p)... and I bought the PS3 first... but games wise, the Xbox 360 is much nicer. The graphics are a bit better on any game that's on both platforms, the controller/usability is nicer, the interface (the sort of "portal" or whatever it's called, you know the main system menu stuff) is much nicer on Xbox 360, and the game choice is a lot more diverse on the xbox. Xbox's store is a lot better than PS3's store too.

The PS3 has a few exclusives, and the PS3 can play Blu-Ray's (and at the time of purchase was cheaper than any standalone blu-ray player, which was a huge score) - I love "Pain" on the PS3 :p But if I wanted a game that was on both consoles, I would always pick the XBox 360 one, and if I was to pick between the two as a gaming console, I'd pick the Xbox 360.

To deny any of that could be nothing but plain fanboism, or I guess an unlucky bad experience with Xbox 360 over the PS3.

Gah, even the Supreme Commander of Bushtarion loves the XBox 360 more than the PS3!
But I wonder... does he love the Nintendo 64? The best gaming console ever developed with the best FPS games ever.

I admit, the 360's menu is better, much easier to access and look around. But I guess it all comes down to your taste. Hardcore gaming machine, or pretty gaming machine.
I prefer Nemesis computer's over Alien.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

BlackWolf said:
Satureum said:
pinpower said:

I lol'ed^

Smells like fanboy to me.
If I can buy 2 equally powerfull gaming machines and one costs 1/3rd of others, has much richer game count, has better network playability and everything else costs as much as for them more priced one why should I go for PS3?

You know that you are freaking idiot if you believe everything you hear from web... Sure you put your disc to yuor drive and turn it on and then go to shake it... What do you think it will do to your disks? It is freaking stupid to come here are tell how that could happen to anyone... If it does then it is that persons own fault if you ask from me. Also remember that blue rays are much much more untolerant to scratches which happens to be pretty normal to all CDs/DVDs. That same scratch on DVD where it corrupts bit of data on blur-ray means crap load of data.

I dont have any consoles, been thinking of getting xbox, am not fanboy (I hate all concoles and how they eat only real gaming platfor PCs games) and I honestly can say that there is no that big difference between those 2 that would make their price difference to be that huge... Sony made mistake thats it... Their price tag comes from blue-ray drive, and it is damn good drive too. In some tests it has actually beated all stand alone competitors. Yet it puts that concoles price tag so high that it cant keep up with XboX and that is the biggest weakness of the thing...

So to simplify, if you need blue-ray get PS3, if you dont then go for xbox, cause it gives you same with cheaper price.

for once i agree with BW