A friend using wireless connection on his laptop

Satureum

Pruner
I searched for it, but I am assuming it had too many key words, or simply hasn't been asked. I apologize before hand in case the question has been asked, and answered.

A friend of mine is planning on playing in the new age, as he has watched me play and enjoys the fact this game is a strategy browser game.
Now, obviously he will be using his own connection at home to play, but as he does hang out over at my house every now and then, I am wondering what the rule is on us both being online using my wireless connection. He has a laptop and frequently hooks up to my internet through the wireless, but I am unclear on the rules for him being on it at my home?
Again, he will use his own connection to play Bushtarion, but it would be regrettable if our accounts were banned for Multi'ing when he does come over.
I understand if we're not allowed to do this.

Thank you, Satureum.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
Re: A friend using wireless connection on his laptop

that should be fine....
me and my brother 2 rounds back were solely using the same wireless internet for the entire round and no issues were raised about cookies or 30 minute rule etc

Satureum

Pruner

Yes, but it would be under that same IP Address. I'm sure that had to raise a few questions.
I thought it better to bring it here before even attempting it.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Its fine.
I assume you are using NAT on your system, but dont worry. You see you are actually giving away more information than just simple things like IP address.
In case you are really worried, you may contact Azzer and ask him about it. But in the end you should be just fine.

Satureum

Pruner

All right, thanks.
I won't contact Azzer directly unless an actual problem arises with the issue, I'd rather not bother him with the new age so close.
Thank you.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Back in the days, me and two friends were always staying at one of our places throughout the first weekend. We were obviously on the same IP, and we've never had any questions asked about that. We were also attending the same school, and logged in frequently there - no problems at all.

You'll be fine :)

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I'm pretty lenient on IP's. I've played too many web-games myself where they have strict rules in place about accounts from the same IP not interacting etc. which are always over-the-top and punish innocents as well as guilty's. If you're following the actual rules (not account sharing, babysitting, multi'ing), and abide the 30 minute rule and cookie limits and generally behave, you'll be fine with just sharing the IP!

Satureum

Pruner

Well, I'm truly relieved to see that it is indeed fine with you.
I agree, most games have strict rules on any IP with two accounts, banned.
I'll make sure we follow the 30 minute rule, and don't over use the cookie limit.
And thank you.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Heh at Frannys house we (Fran, Cal and I) would have 3 accounts going at once so you should be fine :)

Kariko

Planter

Aye, me and my bro use the same wireless... It's only on occasion we break the 30 min rule (curses for using the laptop). As long as you have separate comps/laptops you'll be fine :D

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Satureum said:
I'll make sure we follow the 30 minute rule, and don't over use the cookie limit.
And thank you.
As far as I'm aware the 30 minute rule will only apply to a single computer - that is to say, both you and your friend can play at the same time on the same network with no repercussions. As long as you don't swap computers half-way through, you'll be absolutely fine!

Satureum

Pruner

Weeble said:
Satureum said:
And thank you.
As far as I'm aware the 30 minute rule will only apply to a single computer - that is to say, both you and your friend can play at the same time on the same network with no repercussions. As long as you don't swap computers half-way through, you'll be absolutely fine!

Oh, well hell yeah then. Thank you.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

When Lukey came around mine he played on my dad's laptop on our wireless, so he'd never played on that comp before, we were both on at the same time from the same IP in the same alliance and we didn't get in trouble!!

Azzer has a sixth sense, just don't cheat and you will be fine.

Satureum

Pruner

Well, instead of a laptop, he's using his PS3. Hooray for wireless in the PS3!

And hooray for not getting us both banned : D

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

PS3 must be quite gash to play bush with lol

Pete

Pruner

cheese after several years of seeing the different signitures youve had, i have to say that i have never been bored with them :D

Elderveld

Official Helper

Cheese said:

it works just fine! but posting some stories on pols and stuff not!:(

and i havent found an working web-irc that i can run on ps3 yet:(

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Pete said:
cheese after several years of seeing the different signitures youve had, i have to say that i have never been bored with them :D

but whenever cheese posts on a thread it delays me for a good minute before i realise im staring...

lol

Jonny

Weeder

Don't mean to spam the thread but I bet the PS3 allows for great graphics on bushtarion;)

P.S. Ok I admit I might be the only person on this forum not to know this, but what does "gash" mean. Last time I spent more than 2 weeks in an english speaking country was before my 12th birthday...

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator
'Gash' is a slang term for 'bad' or 'crap'.