Remove the no, no recalling!

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Remove the no, no recalling!

the miniround is going to be reset before it ends so no it can't count. there is nothing in this thread but sand-filled bathing suits that are inflexible to change.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

also if it were to count toward portal what's the goddamn fuss about? Play to the best of your ability and be proud of your result. People who worry about portal, valuation, rankings etc are playing for all the wrong reasons.

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

It'll be chucked in the portal simply due to the nature of the code for world 1 being designed around storing every round in the portal, but it'll not be kept in Age 5's history files, and the first round of Age 5 will be round 30, regardless of this (now old/age 4) server's internal "round count" going up for this little mini-game and the tournament.

It's safe to say you can now ignore the round count, and any future insertions in to the portal history, as they will be reset/removed/sorted out when everything is transferred and upgraded to the new server & Age 5.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

No recalling is great fun, shame on people for calling for its removal!

CFalcon

Official Helper

Social aspect aside, my main enjoyment of the game comes from faking, stealthing, recalling and resending, picking my moment, and generally outwitting my opponents [note this is very different to wanting score, it just often coincides]. The argument that you should "lighten up and just have some fun" is BS. Hitting send and then having a laugh when it all goes wrong is possibly good the first time. It gets old rather fast.

If you like a game where you hit GO and then watch things happen, I can recommend some good DVDs.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

And you can still do all that except the 'recall & resend' bit. Stop moaning.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Keep it! the lower alliances actualy stand a chance to killing top guy's in defence! RAWWR!! come get some!!!

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

As predicted top alliance can't attack us at all :p
They sent 2 attacks this morning and got crippled and now everybody sits on acres and develops or hunts solo's still in range. No recall can't work with large allies :(

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i'm quite enjoying my solo existence with spike traps and gurus. Bring on the waves :p

That being said, I can fully understand how ally attacks/defence would be beyond frustrating. 50 man allies was a bit insane....

Garrett

Landscape Designer

DarkSider said:
As predicted top alliance can't attack us at all :p
They sent 2 attacks this morning and got crippled and now everybody sits on acres and develops or hunts solo's still in range. No recall can't work with large allies :(

DS,

I like you. I really do. Maybe in some ways that are wholly unnatural... but i digest. ;)

1 week of an ally that is made up of a bunch of randoms with no plan and you say this doesn't work? holy crap. I think you got swept up in the moment and have joined the crying side.

All your great tatical wisdom and this is the best you can come up with. I feel shame for you. Instead of rising to the challenge you are satisfied to whine that you need a recall button.

Think of this as Nightmare or Hell mode. Oh also, find your balls, you seem to have misplaced them somewhere.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Seems a bit harsh Garret.
You can't see it's DS playing games again in another round?
He really must of mastered those tactics.

:x-mas:

Garrett

Landscape Designer

look i'm just a blunt person because I can't care enough to sugar coat everything.

we're in the age of being able to be sued because I said someone was born retarded instead of mentally handicapped.

i'm just trying to get back to basics and calling spades, spades.

besides I let him play with my wife's tits all the time. i think i'm allowed a little leeway here.

mrmongo

Harvester

i think its actually been pretty good this no recalling lark, people balls up and lose staff in attack and def... its been a lot of distracting all round i think guru being the prefered unit lol

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

Garrett said:
I fully believe the playerbase has gone retarded over the holiday.

I, on the other hand, always believed the playerbase to be retarded and are now telling you all that I TOLD YOU SO!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

i can't speak for the allied players; although i've always considered big allies to be a 'huge no no' for many reasons; among them an inability to create a proper community atmosphere.

No recalling leads to rebuilding which i enjoy the most out of almost all aspects of the game. Apparently many don't share my enthusiasm for dying/being killed and rebuilding but i think it's a blast. Stop being so concerned with rank/score and enjoy the round, or alternatively, set your ID to delete and play the next mini round that's coming up. My favourite part if i were allied would be the amount of stress it would take off, as once you've sent, you've sent, and there's nothing you can do about it so no need to worry, maintain your troops or do anything other than have someone or some people call defence correctly. No need to resend or recall or worry about fakes etc. once you've sent you really are committed so sit back and enjoy the ride :)

Satureum

Pruner

Score queens can bite me.
I went Lethals all the way, kill kill kill. No point to recall when I knew I'd slaughter half their fleet in the process of dying myself.

I personally loved the no recalling.