Mini Tournament

Azzer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As per the messages from admin;
MOTD said:
Mini Tournament: To bridge the gap between public testing of Age 5, and now... I am going to host a tournament using the current server/Age 4 code and world 1. But I'm open to ideas for the nature of this tournament - an alliance tournament? A solo tournament? A 2-man ally tourney? A tournament with pre-set alliances? What sort of game world rules & setup, like open tech tree, dev multiplier, starting land/cash? And what about prizes... perhaps a special custom unit to be used in Age 5, or some credits for Age 5 use? Please post your ideas or comments for a tournament (likely to last two weeks) up on this thread. I'll be wanting to decide and start it up by Monday/Tuesday at the very latest. It'll replace the current random world running!

Ideas please! :D

dafe

Harvester
Re: Mini Tournament

the one in the past... ctf with preset allies was fun

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Random 5-10 man alliances (you get insterted to alliance immediatedly when you join and cant quit it / join another), 5 min ticks, normal routes etc. and for winning alliance maybe free P-unit to age 5.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

1 man public ally
capture the flag
no attacking restriction on flag holder
5 minute ticks
low cost & time for devs (10% or a bit more) depending of how much the world will run for :p
no sleep mode
no ar mod
normal tech
Winner takes all (to avoid long term coalitions) (special unit for age 5 sounds fun) :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

5 man teams for alliances, 10 minute ticks still, Devs a bit cheaper than normal? 0.7? Starting cash, low.

Prizes could be 5 BCs per member of winning alliance, nothing for personal rank.

Elderveld

Official Helper

50 man pre-set, or at least random set public-alliances!
Closed tech-tree, 1-2k starting land, 25 bil starting cash, 25-50% dev cost/time.

5 min ticks!

Prizes; Special unit!

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Martin said:
5 man teams for alliances, 10 minute ticks still, Devs a bit cheaper than normal? 0.7? Starting cash, low.

Prizes could be 5 BCs per member of winning alliance, nothing for personal rank.
What he said.

Plus, start it after New Year's, not before. :-/

Deatzo Seol

Digger

No BCs as prizes please, a special unit for the winning alliance would be nice ;)

brett

Planter

5 man ally closed tech good starting cash and maybe 2k land cheaper and shorter devs
5bc to members of winning ally

septimus

Harvester

I like Martins idea!

If not that then BWs, random allies can be fun

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

septimus said:
I like Martins idea!

Problem with random allies is that people can be with people they don't want to be with, and lose interest - which removes the competitivness, although ofc it can even the playing field....

Deatzo Seol

Digger

advantage to random alliances is that both good and bad players are together and mixed, otherwise they'll just hook up with each other

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon

5 min ticks, random allies of 5 or 8, closed tech trees, 5 bcs to the winning alliance

Shadow

Harvester

BlackWolf said:
Random 5-10 man alliances (you get insterted to alliance immediatedly when you join and cant quit it / join another), 5 min ticks, normal routes etc. and for winning alliance maybe free P-unit to age 5.

I Really like this idea but you then have the problem of everyone getting stuck with maybe 1 guy who is never online and only made the account to have a look around :(

Althou you could just delete your id and remake it and get a new allie :p

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

I believe random allies can only work if the member per ally is high. In a 5 man ally it's enough one to start an argument with another so they both log off leaving a bad taste to other 3 who give up aswell :p
5 man set allies or large random allies can be fun, but they've been done before and i thought 1-2 man ally with ctf might be original and fun :p

Mysterious

Harvester

5 man (totally random) public ally
CTF
5 minute ticks
low cost & time for devs
no sleep mode and no ar

#1 wins prizes, no prizes for 2nd or 3rd, keep everyone warring.

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

- CTF
- Remove limitations on who you can defend/attack (like in havoc), so everyone can get def from everywhere.
- Flagholder at the end of the round wins 5 credits, non-transferable.
- Closed tech trees.

septimus

Harvester

Martin said:
septimus said:
I like Martins idea!

Problem with random allies is that people can be with people they don't want to be with, and lose interest - which removes the competitivness, although ofc it can even the playing field....

Yeah, or you'd end up with a bunch of allkies where only 1 or 2 people are active/know what they're doing. But so long as every ally is in the same boat it shouldn't make a huge difference really, everyones in the same boat so to speak.

Illumination

Head Gardener

10 man alliances, 2 spots have to be open for random placement of people seeking an alliance (so 8 chosen by leader, 2 random assignments). If randomly assigned, you cant join another alliance, but can go solo (in which case the alliance gets another random assignment- and if there are no more people waiting to be randomly assigned, after 24 hours, the spot can be filled by the leader). Closed tech trees. Prize? I always think the prize is the fun banter within the alliance (don't roll your eyes at me!!!) but, if there is going to be a physical prize, maybe free p-unit for the new age:)